Shower Thoughts MK2

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Are you not able to video conference your therapist from where you are? Or find someone in the meantime? I mean given the global plague thing, I find it odd if your doctor wouldn't be willing to have a video session with you if you need it.
Of course that's an option, but you don't know my family, they must not know about this, ever, they'll never leave me alone if they find out.
I mean I already get laughed at for being crazy, if they know I actually have mental health problems I honestly have no idea how obnoxious they will be and I already am pretty insecure about, last thing I need is them reminding me, I'm also pretty sure they would listen to the conversation, which wouldn't be good.

They really suck.

Hey, I get the exact feeling quite a lot too, with all the implied omnipresent guilt that goes with it as well. Even though it directly contradicts personal atheist beliefs, the feeling is overwhelming enough to not shake off. Some meds take the edge off, but in between therapies at the moment. I don't know what you have tried already to try and alleviate them, but so far I've found listening to podcasts help to drown out some of the loudest thoughts, if you find some with people you like of course. Games, movies, music, anything to distract can help, but often it's trouble overcoming a specific barrier that makes it feel like nothing is worth doing so just end up doing nothing but focusing on those unpleasant thoughts and questions. There are no easy answer's though, it's tricks of the mind, so sometimes you gotta trick it back when you can, if that makes sense.
I mostly deal with it by listening to music, if it's really bad I'll go take a walk in the park while listening to music,that mostly helps for calm me down for the most part.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Of course that's an option, but you don't know my family, they must not know about this, ever, they'll never leave me alone if they find out.
I mean I already get laughed at for being crazy, if they know I actually have mental health problems I honestly have no idea how obnoxious they will be and I already am pretty insecure about, last thing I need is them reminding me, I'm also pretty sure they would listen to the conversation, which wouldn't be good.

They really suck.
Sounds like they are part of the problem, you might should consider not associating with them anymore if they make your situation worse.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Most of the "No-Homo" hetero guys that are so afraid of doing/dressing in ways that are feminine, seem to forget just how many freaky ladies out there, are DYING to get it on with a dude who is willing to be a little risky and adventurous. I mean it's an entire demographic of hornball girls who don't want Football McJockson, but want Kinky Dr. Frankenfurter. Even if it's just during the "dress up" party at a Con or something. Then they take you back to the hotel room and tear the stockings and heels off you, and ravage you like a beast.

Really sad, how much fun they're missing out on.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The tendency in cyberpunk genre to hypersexualise is probably the element/trope that is dating the worst, I find. The fears and warnings of society evolving towards that have evaporated to give way to the very real corporate and class struggles under a dying planet. Now the blunt simplicity of the "hypersexual" surface dressing just seems a quaint holdover from a more repressed generation's concerns.

Reactions: Kae

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Ugh, my place of work has no provisions for heat out where I work; my bits are trying to burrow back into my body for warmth.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Anyone got any recommendations for a good pair of steel-toed boots? I'm quite tired of my cheap Walmart boots falling apart after about a year of use.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot, oil/slip resistant too.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Anyone got any recommendations for a good pair of steel-toed boots? I'm quite tired of my cheap Walmart boots falling apart after about a year of use.

These are the boots I bought for my job, which involves hiking outside all day. They've held up like a champ since August, but I figure they're only gonna last for a year, judging by the rate of wear. When I was shopping around, even professional boots seem like they don't last much more than a year. Just too much wear. I guess back in olden times you'd take boots back to a cobbler for repairs for several years. Don't know if that's too much of a thing nowadays; I would guess that professional services wouldn't be much less than the $120 for a new pair of boots. For sure, I doubt the cobbler can do much about the water-proofing (although that seems more relevant to me than it will be to you).

I've also got these, which makes my boots really comfortable. Getting both the boots and insoles broken in took a few weeks, but now I can hike all day, both dirt/mud or concrete/asphalt, and my feet stay comfortable all day.

I used some leather cleaner and applied mink oil for the first time this past weekend, which is supposed to help the boots maintain their waterproofing and condition the leather. Only time is gonna tell if it'll be worth the effort.

(I kinda don't want to hang on to these boots after a year just cuz I've been having problems with water getting in over them, as they're only a little more than ankle-high, but back when I was shopping around I recall it being very difficult to find boots that were all steel-toed, waterproof, and didn't have reviews claiming they'd fall apart in 3 months, so adding mid-shin height to that seems like it'd be impossible; but that shouldn't be a problem for you)

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

Depends on what you're willing to pay but in general a Timberland will last you a year, a CAT or Dakota will last you about 2 years, and a Red Wing could last 3 years in my experience. This is on a value comparison basis though - like a 300 dollar Timberland will last more than a year, but a 300 dollar Red Wing will outstrip it significantly. Usually I avoid Timberland because although they're easier on the wallet, many of their boots have this godawful dropoff where they're really good and comfortable for 4 months and then suddenly they just nosedive to a sort of medium ground where they aren't bad enough to toss but they still kind of suck to wear for the next 8 months.

The Red Wing 2412 EEE boot is really nice, but very expensive. I was talking with a waterproofer over the summer and he told me the pair he was using were about 3 years old, and considering what those guys do to their boots between petrolium products and tiger torches its fairly impressive. Personally I stick with Dakota, currently a 8537, because I really like the branded Tarantula grip they have now. Its the best grip I've used, but its clear that the softer rubber they use to achieve it will probably cause it to fail sooner that the rest of the boot - right now I'm on 1.5 years, and I figure I've got about 6 months left, maybe I can stretch that but it depends on what I'm around.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

First advice is don't buy working boots from places like Walmart. It is a fools errand. Find out where construction workers buy their boots and go and buy a pair they recommend. In that sector of work the quality of the boots can mean the difference between broken toes and NO toes.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It's kinda funny to me that my online persona probably seems very sensitive and emotional, since I'm almost always having some sort of mental breakdown or existential crisis but IRL most people would describe me as stoic and robotic, I've even been called cold and insensitive, which isn't something I see myself as, but I guess expressing how I feel isn't my forte.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The Star Trek: TNG episode The Child, is basically the plot of that incredibly uncomfortable Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel comic, where she is cosmically impregnated by an alien, so he could be born in her world. And nobody seems to really give a shit about the ramifications of it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The new Wonder Woman movie just reinforced the idea that a woman raping a man is no big deal.
Have to admit, I hated the movie, and even I didn't really make that connection. Even though you just KNOW if the situation had been reversed, seven hells would have rained down on DC and Warner Bros. Can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea, or didn't even raise that it was a fucking terrible one.

OT: Despite saving up a good amount of money to buy a PC, I am now feeling like it is pointless given how huge the markup is for PC parts in my country. Not to mention as a student in online classes, I barely have any time for myself. I guess serious gaming will have to wait once I'm financially independent.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The Star Trek: TNG episode The Child, is basically the plot of that incredibly uncomfortable Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel comic, where she is cosmically impregnated by an alien, so he could be born in her world. And nobody seems to really give a shit about the ramifications of it.
Yep. Man, I love TNG but there are some stinkers. And that episode is one of them.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Anyone else think Harry Styles looks an awful lot like Alfie Allen? Every time I see a clip of Harry, my brain has to stop for a second and rewind the "Oh it's Alfie!' thought that goes through it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't hate Tyler Perry, but I sure as hell ain't touching any of his films. The last movie of his I saw was all the way back in 2008. I will let The Boondocks fill it in from here.

Reactions: happyninja42