You ever came up with funny or clever nicknames enemies or bosses?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well, for everyone who played the older Pokemon games, I think we had the pleasure of naming our rivals "Farthead", "Asshat", or any of the funny naming convention.

In legend of zelda series, naming Link as "Zelda" led up to some funny and confusing dialogs.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
In legend of zelda series, naming Link as "Zelda" led up to some funny and confusing dialogs.
I recall Girlfriend Reviews, when they were going over one of the Zelda games, her boyfriend named Link "I Farted" And it made for some hilarious dialogue lines given the rest of the context. Navi would be like "Hey! I Farted! Wake Up!" xD it was most amusing

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • MadWorld - Yee Fang I would call spiky or spiny. Rin Rin would get called Evil Chun-li. Yokozuna was dubbed E. Honda.
  • Gungrave I would call him El Mariachi.
  • Abedede. My brother and I would just call him the Ultimate Warrior. Because that is exactly who he look like.
  • Lickers I screamed out scarier Venom!
  • Hunters were called Raptors.
  • Mr. X I called Terminator & Nemesis I nicknamed T1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yeah that's the thing that bugs me about this particular question. Because I KNOW I do this, like all the time. But, it's just such a reflexive thing to my personality, I don't really track them, it's just stream of consciousness kind of thing to rename them, but I don't retain them after it's done. Like I'll often give them nicknames that are basically just their job in the narrative. Like we just finish a cutscene, and the PC begins to head off to do something, and I'll be like "Thank you for your assistance Mr. Support Character Doomed to Die to Motivate Me Later!" or "Well hello there Ms. Obligatory Love Interest!" or "Why nice to meet you Toxic Alpha Male Rival!" stuff like that is something I do a lot, especially if the game is just not really that good, and I'm just playing through it without bothering to remember names.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Oddly enough in Hades I failed to pronounce Lernaean enough times in a row that I started to refer to him as "Lavaguy" for a little while before the game dubbed him "Lernie".

The warper enemy in Subnautica was dubbed "telesquid" but the crabsquid enemy was simply named "FUCK", less as a nickname and more as my reaction but it stuck because I never stopped reacting that way. That second one went on long enough that my SO knew what I was talking about when I referenced "those fuckin things".

No Man's Sky had the Biological Horror enemies that I referred to as "tremors" in honour of the graboid monsters from the movies of the same name. Something about the mouth and how they pop out of the ground so you have to jump from rock to rock to avoid them.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I remember once helping a friend's dad clean out his garage, took all weekend, and at the end he bought my friend and I each a real nice bottle of brandy(we were both of 21) and this was the week after RE6 came out and we decided fuck it, lets see if the two mix! And yes absolutely co-op RE6 with brandy is the best way to be play it! We had a blast playing the Leon/Helena story, like getting really into it, planning shit in an increasing drunk mood, and then we got to the Deborah Harper boss fight.
So we decided her name was DeBOR-Ah, pronounced it that way and every time she jumped on screen we'd pause the game, yell "Its DeBOR-Ah!" and play the Godzilla theme on our phones. Boss fight took like 20mins, but it was fucking hysterical.
Also RE6 drunk with a friend is a really fun game. Its like a more serious Left 4 Dead, but also way more over the top.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The warper enemy in Subnautica was dubbed "telesquid" but the crabsquid enemy was simply named "FUCK", less as a nickname and more as my reaction but it stuck because I never stopped reacting that way. That second one went on long enough that my SO knew what I was talking about when I referenced "those fuckin things".
I referred to the "Crabsquid" as Mr. Hugs, because it looked like they were trying to "hug" me to death and because I was trying to make them less terrifying in my mind. Nope, now they're terrifying with a silly name, which might be much worse.

The ghosts leviathans in the dead zone ended up being "OH FUCK! OH FUCK! OH FUCK!".

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I referred to the "Crabsquid" as Mr. Hugs, because it looked like they were trying to "hug" me to death and because I was trying to make them less terrifying in my mind. Nope, now they're terrifying with a silly name, which might be much worse.

The ghosts leviathans in the dead zone ended up being "OH FUCK! OH FUCK! OH FUCK!".
Ugh. Yeah. I only made that mistake once that's for sure. There are probably huge swaths of map I never explored because it looked a little too much like the edge of the world and I didn't want to risk my boat.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
These guys known as Dreamrunner, I referred to as "Precious" or Worthy Opponent(s), because they're the only enemies that fell like they belong in a Devil May Cry game. In DmC most of the other enemies I called Marylin Manson Mannequins and the Butcher was Buzzsaw Krang to me. The Ravager I referred as Punk Salvador.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Fun fact: snake balls are a real thing. It's a mating ritual in some species where a whole bunch of male snakes clump around a single female, competing for who gets to get lucky. So yeh, every time you kill one of those, you're being a huge cock block.
I mean, I knew about Rat Kings. I also knew Geese have Teeth on their Goddman tongues(It's as terrifying looking at it sounds). So why not learn more horrible nature facts?

Reactions: Chimpzy

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Fun fact: snake balls are a real thing. It's a mating ritual in some species where a whole bunch of male snakes clump around a single female, competing for who gets to get lucky. So yeh, every time you kill one of those, you're being a huge cock block.
I have to wonder what Snek Corp’s H er, SR (or would it be RR?) department looks like...

Nothing to ssssee here, laaadeeedaaa

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bones from NMH3 I call Pawns. Because they look like a literal pawns with a javelin. From the same game, Full Face are simply call bikers or Dreamrunners-lite.

Final Vendetta's The Wrestler, I call Macho Hogan.