Mass Effect: Legacy Edition trailer is out

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I can ditch Kai Leng but you discard Tuchunka and Rannoch at your peril.
I wouldn't change much about either of those sections (I'd make Tuchunka more ambigious, later game treated the genophage as an evil act when I think it was mostly good act with taint of grey since the alternative was outright genocide, I think it would have been nice to have an option to lessen the impact of fertility limit without completly removing it). But I'd hard ditch verberus as the main antagonist (and would make cerberus more grey).

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I wouldn't change much about either of those sections (I'd make Tuchunka more ambigious, later game treated the genophage as an evil act when I think it was mostly good act with taint of grey since the alternative was outright genocide, I think it would have been nice to have an option to lessen the impact of fertility limit without completly removing it). But I'd hard ditch verberus as the main antagonist (and would make cerberus more grey).
The irony of that bit about Cerberus is they did that with Mass Effect 2. Most of the times you encounter Cerberus in Mass Effect it’s cleaning up their egregious fuck ups. Like sole survivor Shepard, that Thresher Maw was set upon them by Cerberus. Cerberus also assassinated an Earth Alliance admiral. And let’s not even touch what they did to Jack and every child at Pragia. They’re fucking terrorists, they should be treated as such.

Reactions: Dalisclock

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I never actually played ME3 because the ending got so much backlash. I'd be very interested in actually playing through the trilogy to see for myself.

Oh, 3 has more problems then just the standard Bioware 3-choice ending scene.

Like, I'd totally guess the original storyline got thrown in a bin, then they just kind of retread a bunch of things (For the third go-around, no one believes Reapers exist, being the obvious one). Also the "Illusive Man" (already the dumbest name for a villain I could think of), goes straight from an actual anti-villain aand respectable foil, to straight up generic deluded evil prophet (and gets a cyborg ninja superman from somewhere to repeatedly show up like some anime edgelords version of Team Rocket.)

Then there's a bunch of fairly quicked fanservice checkboxes to quickly and abruptly resolve hanging plot threads with your companions, many of which should be galaxy altering events of themselves, but get brushed through in quick sidequests.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh, 3 has more problems then just the standard Bioware 3-choice ending scene.

Like, I'd totally guess the original storyline got thrown in a bin, then they just kind of retread a bunch of things (For the third go-around, no one believes Reapers exist, being the obvious one). Also the "Illusive Man" (already the dumbest name for a villain I could think of), goes straight from an actual anti-villain aand respectable foil, to straight up generic deluded evil prophet (and gets a cyborg ninja superman from somewhere to repeatedly show up like some anime edgelords version of Team Rocket.)

Then there's a bunch of fairly quicked fanservice checkboxes to quickly and abruptly resolve hanging plot threads with your companions, many of which should be galaxy altering events of themselves, but get brushed through in quick sidequests.
What are you talking about? Curing the Genophage and retaking Rannoch are whole story acts in the game in and of themselves. Miranda’s is tied in with the plot and so is Jack’s and Grunt’s. Jacob gets a side mission - more than the boring fart deserved - and Kasumi and Zaeed were only side characters so their resolutions were smaller. I mean I wish Zaeed got more screen time because I loved that cantankerous old bastard but thems the breaks

And no one in ME3 believes the Reapers don’t exist - the proof is literally before their eyes. Hell the first one to swing any support or ideas Shepard’s way is Sparatus, the Turian councillor and he of the famous “Ah yes ‘Reapers’. We have dismissed that claim” meme.

As for the Illusive Man, again, he’s the head of a terrorist organisation that has been conducting unethical experiments and murdering Alliances officers with nary a backwards glance. Oh, and Operation Overlord: I’d forgotten that one. He was never respectable. A good foil to a paragon Shepard but if you could not tell with his pathological desire to have the Collector Base that this man wasn’t going to jump head first into outright villainy when he was ready to do so, I don’t know what to tell you.

Kai Leng sucks, no argument there but give they bring Shepard back for the dead, turning someone into an evil Robocop Ninja is not a big stretch.

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Lol so apparently the official reason there's no included MP is because... it was really hard guysssss. Talk about lazy and indecisive.
Its called a cost benefit analysis and since it was a niche multiplayer that was tacked onto the last instalment of a single player action rpg series that only by pure coincidence managed to be fun and not total bullshit (Lookin’ at you, DragonAge Inquisition multiplayer) it’s absence in a remaster is not only expected but honestly appreciated.

It’s not lazy, it’s pragmatic allocation of effort.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Curing it to me was bad because if you cure it, you lose salarian support and you ain't gonna get anymore "new" krogans to fight in the war anyway. You can always go back and cure it later on assuming you win the war.

Meh, nothing of value was lost. Hehehe
ME3 multiplayer was awesome.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
That's an incredibly reductive take that ignores a lot of legitimate problems that you'd have to consider when trying to include the multiplayer as well.
Seems pretty easy to me. Cross play? No. Support after launch? No.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Curing it to me was bad because if you cure it, you lose salarian support and you ain't gonna get anymore "new" krogans to fight in the war anyway. You can always go back and cure it later on assuming you win the war.

ME3 multiplayer was awesome.
Actually due to the way the war assets work, if you saved Kirrahe - and why wouldn’t you - and Thane saves the Salarian ambassador, you actually do get Salarian support. The only real loss is Mordin.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Actually due to the way the war assets work, if you saved Kirrahe - and why wouldn’t you - and Thane saves the Salarian ambassador, you actually do get Salarian support. The only real loss is Mordin.
It's been a long time, I just recall salarians telling you they'd send some scientists if you didn't cure the krogans.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It's been a long time, I just recall salarians telling you they'd send some scientists if you didn't cure the krogans.
I’ve got closer than not to 1000 hours logged in Mass Effect 3. I remember silly details like that. Curing the Genophage is only a wise decision if there is a perfect storm of conditions. Lacking any of them makes it a far riskier prospect, and outright dangerous is Urdnot Wreav is in charge.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
What’s this? It’s.........me not giving a shit.
Normally, I wouldn't give two shits either. It's just cutscenes. But it's the way that they are defending themselves. They try to sound this was some sort of saint-like decision, when we all know they are pandering.

Oh well, I'm sure everyone who's crying about it will not give a shit when they get their hands on the collection

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Normally, I wouldn't give two shits either. It's just cutscenes. But it's the way that they are defending themselves. They try to sound this was some sort of saint-like decision, when we all know they are pandering.

Oh well, I'm sure everyone who's crying about it will don't give a shit when they get their hands on the collection
In situations like this it’s always best to say something like “We reviewed the material, man was it cringe inducing. We’re gonna trim it a little, make it less embarrassing to watch”

Because if I remember most reviews of all three games, and DragonAge as well, most people were pointing just how cringe and awful they were. Miranda’s was a particular target of mockery because they literally fuck in the engine room. In what would be full view of Ken, Gabby, and Tali and hearing shot of Jack.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Sign... Does it come with ME3's multiplayer???

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

AAAAANNNNDDDDDD There goes what little respect I had left for BW.
Lol when you can't even manage to port something without fucking it up you know something is going wrong.

That said I only played the first ME game, it was OK but DA was way more my cup of tea. I don't remember the sex scenes being particularly notable. Certainly nothing on the witcher 3 for example.