The Mandalorian Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Uh, did you miss the scene where the Tuskens tried feeding a bantha to the Krayt dragon which was clearly wise to their shit because it ate the Tusken and left the bantha alone?
Then tie the explosives to the Tuskan? Fewer would have died still. Also I'm pretty sure that scene was just for comedy, not saying that the dragon refuses to eat banthas. They probably could have worked out some better way of getting the explosives into the dragon regardless.
Didn't Mando get eaten with a bunch of explosives wrapped around him?
Mando got eaten along with a bantha with a bunch of explosives wrapped around it. Mando got out but the bantha was exploded.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It was an extended reference to Knights of the Old Republic 1, which did the exact same thing with a krayt dragon.
Did they? It's been years since I've played the game so I don't remember.

Just watched the scene again and that thing is waaaaay smaller than the one in the show. Reference or no, it was a dumb plan.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Apparently, Gina Carano is out as Cara Dune for the foreseeable future
Apparently, comparing herself and other conservatives to jewish people oppressed by the nazis is a bridge too far for the house of mouse.
Huh, I saw this on social media earlier but couldn't find an article. Oh well. I liked the character, and she will be very noticeably missing from the next few seasons, but I won't miss her too much.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Was probably a "straw that broke the mouse's back" situation. What with the anti-mask stuff and all

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Apparently, comparing herself and other conservatives to jewish people oppressed by the nazis is a bridge too far for the house of mouse.
"Sorry, Gina, but we're a 'family company' and your Social media posts might give us a bad image if we keep employing you. And by bad image, we mean fewer profits and possibly hurting the one SW property in recent memory that most people actually like. So off ya go"

This is the way of the invisible hand of the market.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I liked the character, but Carano seems to be a a fucking idiot. Good riddance to her, but I hope they recast Cara Dune. She was the closest Mando had to a love interest. And one of the few female actions hero roles that looked believably tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I liked the character, but Carano seems to be a a fucking idiot. Good riddance to her, but I hope they recast Cara Dune. She was the closest Mando had to a love interest. And one of the few female actions hero roles that looked believably though.
Perhaps someone who has more emotional range then "Smirk" and "Slightly different smirk". I mean, the character isn't bad but Pascal emotes more wearing that helmet then she does without one. Maybe someone who has acting chops and not an MMA fighter this time?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I liked the character, but Carano seems to be a a fucking idiot. Good riddance to her, but I hope they recast Cara Dune. She was the closest Mando had to a love interest. And one of the few female actions hero roles that looked believably though.
Nah, the closest love interest was random farmer girl. But I agree, Cara Dune was a pretty cool character. An Alderaani survivor AND a Rebellion deserter? Could have done a lot with her.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Perhaps someone who has more emotional range then "Smirk" and "Slightly different smirk". I mean, the character isn't bad but Pascal emotes more wearing that helmet then she does without one. Maybe someone who has acting chops and not an MMA fighter this time?
You didn't add that Pascal is deliberately trying not to emote in the Geralt gruffness fashion. But still can emote more

As to her 'firing,' it wasnt THAT long ago that Disney 'family values' was pretty white supremacist. So even this is suprising. That being said, it's not worth getting dropped (unless some more henious stuff comes out)

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You didn't add that Pascal is deliberately trying not to emote in the Geralt gruffness fashion. But still can emote more

As to her 'firing,' it wasnt THAT long ago that Disney 'family values' was pretty white supremacist. So even this is suprising. That being said, it's not worth getting dropped (unless some more henious stuff comes out)
I think because basically everyone has been repeating loud and clear that dead old Uncle Walt was an anti-Semite (like everyone else in the fuckin' 50's) they are desperate as fuck to not have people who make those comparisons in any way associated with them.

And before everyone gets weird, I think Megan Fox basically got fired from Transformers 3 for this exact same sort of thing

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"Sorry, Gina, but we're a 'family company' and your Social media posts might give us a bad image if we keep employing you. And by bad image, we mean fewer profits and possibly hurting the one SW property in recent memory that most people actually like. So off ya go"

This is the way of the invisible hand of the market.
The same Disney still employing some-one who compared being a Democrat in the USA to be a Nazi just 2 years ago.

The same Disney still employing a person who doxxed 5 minors over accusations of racism, only for it to turn out to either be the wrong people or the screenshot evidence having been faked by trolls.