Nintendo Direct Tomorrow 2-17-21

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I haven't gotten Splatoon 2 yet and they announced Splatoon 3. Woe is me.
Maybe if they bring 3 out, they will give everyone 2 for free

Im kidding, this is Nintendo, where games from 1985 are still full price

Nintendo continues to not wow me with anything.
They bring out way too many Directs. They should be limited to one per year. They just don’t have enough going on

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The Shin Chan game from the JP direct looks cute as shit. Hope it gets localized at some point

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I kinda get why they're doing skyward sword HD, but it's pretty lame that they're taking the time on what's almost certainly the least liked Zelda of the last few decades.
Nintendo: Oh, nobody likes the Skyward Sword port for the switch? Well, I guess we won't bother porting Wind Waker then.

I don't know. Why they chose this game out of all the ones to pick is beyond me.

Last edited:

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Oh hey they officially announced Samurai Warriors 5.

Judging by the somewhat dramatic art style, character design and weapon changes it looks like they're sorta soft-rebooting the series. Could be neat. SW4 was one of the worst mainline Musou games I've played so at least the standard isn't too high.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Lol, that f2p Star Wars Hunters game is from Zynga. Knowing how they do, inb4 people start waxing nostalgic about how EA and its lootboxes weren't so bad.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oh hey they officially announced Samurai Warriors 5.

Judging by the somewhat dramatic art style, character design and weapon changes it looks like they're sorta soft-rebooting the series. Could be neat. SW4 was one of the worst mainline Musou games I've played so at least the standard isn't too high.
If you want to really lower the bar.....play dynasty warriors 9 haha

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
SW4 was one of the worst mainline Musou games I've played so at least the standard isn't too high.
At least SW4 could be fun. I actually like the game. My main problem was the handling of DLC and the expansions. SW4-II was complete waste of time in this regard, because your save file and dlc could not transfer over, unlike past games. The bonuses and short as fuck campaigns were heavily lacking. The Empires expansion I heard is definitely better, but I usually don't deal with those. Spirit of Sanada was just them milking the game one more time. Not gonna lie, I love Vanilla SW4 mainly due to Kokosho, and certain other characters. She's is so out of place and fits within the universe the same time, it amazes and perplexes me.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Looking forward to Skyward Sword and Splatoon 3.

Ok, now that it's finished. Sadly, nothing of what I would have liked to see came to pass, but no really heavy hitter announcements in general either, except for maybe No More Heroes 3 and Splatoon 3 depending on your tastes. The rest is fine, I guess, but after such a long time without a full Direct, this lack of a showstopper is somewhat anticlimactic.
I can already hear the cries of censorship cuz if you haven't noticed, their outfits have been made less fanservicey
No no. I'm seeing people say the tights make them even more appealing.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Looking forward to Skyward Sword and Splatoon 2.

No no. I'm seeing people say the tights make them even more appealing.
Yeah I didn't notice any problems with their spandex outfits.

Also am I fucking crazy, because didn't Splatoon 2 release like 3 years ago?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
sorta excited about the legend of mana remaster but I hope they do some serious fix to the gameplay. The game looks and sound beautiful but its such a slog to play trough.
Oh, yeah. I don't think they will fix it tho. Still, I'm interested to see if they add any quality of life changes.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know, I am seeing a lot of discussions and comments asking where Metriod Prime 4 is, where Bayonetta 3 is, etc....

Meanwhile I am asking Where the hell is Golden Sun sequel?

The best news I got out of was this one:

Looks like a fusion of Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem, and Final Fantasy Tactics. I am guessing it's not the official title, but goddamn does it look dope?

Reactions: Dalisclock