New Jersey attorney general is investigating claims that police officers repeatedly punched an Arab teen without provocation

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wouldn't want the Escapist to become an echo chamber.
Reddit and 4chan are echo chambers, The Escapists is no where close to that.

Houseman fulfills an important role in the ecosystem.
The ecosystem of hypocritical, nonsensical, ego boosting, goal posting, contrarian bullshit for the sake of it. We don't need that "ecosystem". You might as well have a dozen of these:

Reactions: happyninja42

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The ecosystem of hypocritical, nonsensical, ego boosting, goal posting, contrarian bullshit for the sake of it. We don't need that "ecosystem". You might as well have a dozen of these:
Houseman isn't an ecosystem, only a small part of it. If that's how you see the forums in general, then it's a larger problem than just a single poster.

The value of somebody who always argues against the majority is it forces you to think about and justify your position even if everybody already agrees with it. This leads to a stronger and more rational position, rather than one simply based off of emotion. Whether Houseman actually believes what he posts or is just playing devil's advocate isn't material, only that he stands in opposition. The argument itself is beneficial.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Houseman isn't an ecosystem, only a small part of it. If that's how you see the forums in general, then it's a larger problem than just a single poster.

The value of somebody who always argues against the majority is it forces you to think about and justify your position even if everybody already agrees with it. This leads to a stronger and more rational position, rather than one simply based off of emotion. Whether Houseman actually believes what he posts or is just playing devil's advocate isn't material, only that he stands in opposition.
Don't spin this about me. He's part of the problem not the solution. I really don't know where you're going with this and I really don't care. His opposition sucks, end of story.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

The value of somebody who always argues against the majority is it forces you to think about and justify your position even if everybody already agrees with it. This leads to a stronger and more rational position, rather than one simply based off of emotion. Whether Houseman actually believes what he posts or is just playing devil's advocate isn't material, only that he stands in opposition. The argument itself is beneficial.
polite hitler.jpg

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States
Or maybe my experience is the norm, unlike what the outrage farmers and political activists want you to believe
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-24

"In 2015, more than $12.4 billion worth of property was reported stolen nationwide, and 26.1 percent was recovered."

"Among the types of property stolen, locally stolen motor vehicles had the highest percentage of property value recovered at 58.2 percent. Currency, notes, etc. had the lowest, with 3.1 percent of property value recovered"

It only worked for you because that was the single best case scenario, and even then your odds barely beat a coin flip.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-24

"In 2015, more than $12.4 billion worth of property was reported stolen nationwide, and 26.1 percent was recovered."

"Among the types of property stolen, locally stolen motor vehicles had the highest percentage of property value recovered at 58.2 percent. Currency, notes, etc. had the lowest, with 3.1 percent of property value recovered"

It only worked for you because that was the single best case scenario, and even then your odds barely beat a coin flip.
Even if my car wasn't found, I wouldn't have had a bad experience with the police. They were polite and professional. They didn't beat me or threaten me or subject me to cruel or unusual punishment.

Activists would have you believe that this is the norm.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Even if my car wasn't found, I wouldn't have had a bad experience with the police. They were polite and professional. They didn't beat me or threaten me or subject me to cruel or unusual punishment.

Activists would have you believe that this is the norm.
There were 226 black deaths caused by police last year. How many did BLM point out?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
There's something to be said for always having a contrary argument to everything. I wouldn't want the Escapist to become an echo chamber. Houseman fulfills an important role in the ecosystem.
Houseman is a contrarian because it gets him attention and a chance to try and show off. Tstorm and Spectre are at least genuine and articulate their convictions and arguments. I may not agree, but by Christ they can at least be relied on to be good debaters.