Playstation State of Play 25/02/21

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Based on what they said in the jp trailer it sounds the dlc is ps5 only but they give you the upgrade to a ps5 version for cheap. Pretty odd choice but who knows. Maybe they wanna push people to buy those ps5s.

What I wanna know is if it's possible to get the ps5 upgrade with a physical copy or not primarily cause I don't wanna have to buy this twice.
Yeah the Ps5 update is free. But the Yuffie expansion is not.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Huh so they're doing a ffvii remake dlc to add a Yuffie specific chapter? Do they just have telepathy or something and read my mind for the ideal game? lol

Also I guess the dlc is ps5-only or something but you can upgrade your game to a ps5 version for cheap. Only issue is I still don't have a ps5 lol.

Yuffie and Vincent were optional/secret characters in the original. So they couldn't really structure into the base game with the episodic narrative thing.

(Which always made it hilarious that the first spin off was a Vincent game, when half the people who played without a strategy guide probably never got him)

Aiddon

Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Country
United States
-Sees FFVIIR stuff-

Nomura, you're an idiot. Weiss was bad, Dirge of Cerberus was bad, enough.

And no FFXVI. Because of course

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
-Sees FFVIIR stuff-

Nomura, you're an idiot. Weiss was bad, Dirge of Cerberus was bad, enough.

And no FFXVI. Because of course
Was Weiss the reason why it was bad? And not its horrendous gameplay?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Yuffie and Vincent were optional/secret characters in the original. So they couldn't really structure into the base game with the episodic narrative thing.

(Which always made it hilarious that the first spin off was a Vincent game, when half the people who played without a strategy guide probably never got him)
Eh I dunno about that. It's pretty normal to include them, they were in AC and other spinoff stuff. Hell Yuffie was even in crisis core and she had a prominent bit there too.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Yuffie and vincent were optional originally. But every piece of expanded lore, film, and games have made them cannon characters. Optional doesnt mean irrelevant and even in the original gane both characters had story archs and even extra side stories.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Oh yeah SE, go right ahead and start making spin off for your game before finishing it, that worked soooooo well for FF13.

I'll be amaze if FF7:3 comes out before 2030.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth of weebs everywhere over the fact they have been abandoned for more good stuff like TLOU2 which proved that gaming can be art

Blessed be Sony's heart to abandon and own the weebs

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth of weebs everywhere over the fact they have been abandoned for more good stuff like TLOU2 which proved that gaming can be art
Japan Studio has a better list of games that are more fun to play than any of the TLOUS. They've been around over 20 years releasing quality games. Their games ain't nothing Gal Gun or whatever crappy anime game "weebs" played. A term or insult that has lost all meaning. Once again, you must love really getting your dick wet over "owning the weebs", when most would never give you the time of day. You gain nothing from Sony's decision, other than acting like a smug, jack-ass. As far as I and most users on this thread are concerned, you are no better than the so called assholes you hate on. You have not grown nor as mature as you think you are. It's nothing more than false maturity. Who fuck the you're trying to impress? Because it ain't me, and it sure as hell ain't the rest of the people on this topic. So stop with the negativity and post something that is not old news and actually useful. Everyone already knew about the downsizing months ago or figured it was going to happen.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Blessed be Sony's heart to abandon and own the weebs
Sorry i cant see your bullshit through my huge Final Fantasy boner right now. Please go away until i finish.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Then another version of Remaking FF7!!!!
Yep, when I saw this I was like "Damn, that guy over at escapist forum is gonna fond all over this"

In all seriousness, the character models look great, the environment is amazing, and oh my god, those character art styles during conversations!
They said this was a mobile game, but here's hoping it comes to consoles as well.

EDIT:
So I read bit more, and this "remake-demake" a playable Advent Children, a Crisis Core remake, AND Before Crisis, as it cover the whole FFVII timeline.
Wow, i don't even know what to say....

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Japan Studio has a better list of games that are more fun to play than any of the TLOUS. They've been around over 20 years releasing quality games. Their games ain't nothing Gal Gun or whatever crappy anime game "weebs" played. A term or insult that has lost all meaning. Once again, you must love really getting your dick wet over "owning the weebs", when most would never give you the time of day. You gain nothing from Sony's decision, other than acting like a smug, jack-ass. As far as I and most users on this thread are concerned, you are no better than the so called assholes you hate on. You have not grown nor as mature as you think you are. It's nothing more than false maturity. Who fuck the you're trying to impress? Because it ain't me, and it sure as hell ain't the rest of the people on this topic. So stop with the negativity and post something that is not old news and actually useful. Everyone already knew about the downsizing months ago or figured it was going to happen.
If I wasn't used to being downvoted elsewhere for this I would feel offended, but alas I feel woke from your flagellation of my comments so thank you for that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If I wasn't used to being downvoted elsewhere for this I would feel offended, but alas I feel woke from your flagellation of my comments so thank you for that.
And thank you for being a sad bore.

Alright everyone, put Gyrobot on ignore, if your tired of his nonsense.

Last edited: