Has Houseman been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
When I say I don't think he's a troll I mean in as much as I don't think he was playing a character to specifically piss people off. I'm pretty sure the Houseman we saw is the person that he is. That his personality is so unpleasant that it presumably got him banned is another matter.
I would agree with you in that I also don't think he was faking his...obstinance. But I'm not sure he defended the establishment so much as didn't think certain colors of people deserved equal rights/protection. Remember he is in over his head with Q-Anon Hollywood vampire cult, and lizard pedophile conspiracies. He looked at footage of people counting votes and saw Cuban ghosts and zombies casting ballots. Without any evidence and fully admitting he doesn't understand election law or the voting process believed Biden and the Democrats, who can't even get their own party members to support them, got tens of thousands of civilians to go in on an election stealing scheme and that people like Mellissa Carone, a drunk temp agent, were more credible than say the Election committee of Michigan. And I fully believe he believed that, in the same way I fully believe he thinks criticizing the police for beating up a brown kid is bias because in his world view that is what the police are supposed to do.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I do agree that we need some more transparency regarding who is banned, and why. I don't think we need a play by play, but the old system of just greying out the username and then writing a reason on the last post/offense as to why from Escapist V1 was helpful.
For anybody wondering, according to a screenshot provided by Houseman, this is the official reason he was banned:

OGPhRNB.png
And this is the linked post: https://forums.escapistmagazine.com...-power-after-biden-win.1665/page-4#post-89201

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Whilst we are here, whatever happened to B-Cell?

Their account is gone too (and so are the weird threads), but they never seemed like one to break the rules

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The problem is what sharing that comic suggests about the kind of environment you're getting your cultural reference points from, because it's not an accident that this stuff is so popular in conservative online discourse. The people who are putting it there know what they're doing, even if not all the people sharing it do. In general, I'm of the opinion that the degree of separation between you and Nazis should be as high as possible, and if you disagree, if you think it's possible to be tolerant of or coexist with white nationalism, conspiratorial anti-Semitism or violent and hateful homophobia and transphobia, then I think that reflects badly on you.
There definitely are people that put out loads and loads of so-called anti-SJW content -- which I assume you're referring to -- without the rest of that stuff (no doubts about Stonetoss, he wears anti-Semitism like a badge) and that's why my fence-sitting butt barely flinches when lefties make this accusation. If you're not against it you might as well be for it, right? I don't see Nazis everywhere. I recognize an extreme opinion, but it has to be pretty damning to pull out that card. Even for anti-Semitism I have to give the benefit of the doubt first, because I got multiple warnings for it on V1 back in the day over criticizing individual people.
I think it's entirely reasonable and correct to judge people for existing in online spaces alongside Nazis without being filled with horror at the experience.
Because of the aforementioned co-opting you could no longer go to Reddit apart from from lefty subreddits among a lot of other communities on other platforms. The bad actors, whether it be alt-right or Nazis, can bring forward just one aspect of it at a time and sneak their way in while being reasonable the rest of the way. Playing it safe would be to have a very light banhammer or distance yourself really far (in online terms). Judgement crashes upon the centrist once again. The maximum degree of online separation is too far off where I stand on these matters and the purity that lefties want regarding some social issues will be a deterrent probably forever.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
That's what his personality is. Defend the establishment, gainsay the opposition.
It's not about establishment for Houseman. It's about doing whatever is in your power to attack the minorities and other races and to defend the white race. The guy was a white supremacist, for fuck sake.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I mean so 99-99.99% its a lie meant to get attention. I find it hard to believe a mod called it trolling when that in and of itself is a warning offense.
I'm pretty sure there would be an exception for a mod telling you that's what you've received disciplinary action for. I mean, "We've banned you for an offence we're not allowed to explicitly explain because saying people do that is against the rules" would be more than a little weird.

I would agree with you in that I also don't think he was faking his...obstinance.
Agreed. Personally I suspect Houseman was, as they say, "on the spectrum".

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm pretty sure there would be an exception for a mod telling you that's what you've received disciplinary action for. I mean, "We've banned you for an offence we're not allowed to explicitly explain because saying people do that is against the rules" would be more than a little weird.

Agreed. Personally I suspect Houseman was, as they say, "on the spectrum".

I implied as much once and got a warning for it. Though I didn't use that term because I didn't want to excuse his BS or besmirch people who are autistic by association. My choice of words was something more like I suspected he had a mental issue of some sort.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder what happened to people like Lil Devils, Iron and Abomination
I don't know. Lil Devils is cool and she rarely did anything that would get her in trouble or warning. Iron I never liked and I don't even remember Abomination. Hopefully, LD is okay and just taking a break.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I don't know. Lil Devils is cool and she rarely did anything that would get her in trouble or warning. Iron never liked and I don't even remember Abomination. Hopefully, LD is okay and just taking a break.
Iron came across as an alt-righter based on some of this election comments but I could have misread that(I get ansy lately when I see right wingers who use STORM or IRON in their names because of certain associations). Lil Devil seemed like she's been dealing with a lot with her family and covid and pretty much everything so I don't blame her for going silent. I hope she's okay.

Same with Abomination. Name rings a bell but can't put any particular details to them beyond that.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Last thing I remember LD saying was that she's at high risk from covid, so I'm hoping it's not that.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
See the reason I don't think a mod would call him a troll is because that's exactly what he wants them to do. He wants the vindication, to be able to brag the "elites" banned him for speaking the truth and called it trolling. That's the kinda of brag the Trump crowd get hard for.
If they gave him a ban I doubt they'd tell him why, when I got a 3-day suspension I not only wasn't even notified, it didn't appear on my account, and there was no note as to who or why gave it to me, and even reaching out to the mods no one was able to explain it.
And even if they did bother to explain it to Houseman, "enough of your trolling" sounds like something Houseman wants them to say to him as their excuse. More likely they simply said "Banned. Reason: Repeated violation of the Code of Conduct". And Houseman even claims he knows which post got him banned, and surprise surprise its one where he claims believing in God isn't wrong, so now he's a brave Christian martyr in the face of Jewish Moderator oppression.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Get rekt nerd.
??
What? Is this addressed to me?

Whilst we are here, whatever happened to B-Cell?

Their account is gone too (and so are the weird threads), but they never seemed like one to break the rules
This actually really does bother me. What reason could there be to be to ban B-Cell? He was different and had specific tastes in games, but that's no reason to ban someone. Heck, he always seemed to get a lot of unnecessary crap from other users but I never saw him lash out or anything. I get Saelune, Yoshi, and Houseman getting banned, but B-Cell? Why should he have been banned?

I wonder what happened to people like Lil Devils, Iron and Abomination
Lil Devils hasn't been banned, Iron seems to have been banned and did Abomination come over to the new forums? I can't find any posts in the search bar so he might have been banned too.

Gee, this is actually pretty shocking. I didn't realize so many people were being banned quietly in the night. I don't like this at all.

Iron came across as an alt-righter based on some of this election comments but I could have misread that(I get ansy lately when I see right wingers who use STORM or IRON in their names because of certain associations). Lil Devil seemed like she's been dealing with a lot with her family and covid and pretty much everything so I don't blame her for going silent. I hope she's okay.

Same with Abomination. Name rings a bell but can't put any particular details to them beyond that.
On the old forums he had a zombie avatar. I thought he was an alright fellow, I don't remember him breaking any rules.

I mean so 99-99.99% its a lie meant to get attention. I find it hard to believe a mod called it trolling when that in and of itself is a warning offense.
There is an infraction in the CoC called "Inflammatory Comments / Trolling" and, like 90% of the comments in this very thread have agreed that he's a troll. What is so hard to believe about that? He didn't even share it to get attention, I asked him if he was actually locked out the forums or if he could still access his profile. I was curious because of the different way the new forum handles banning. I didn't actually ask the reason, and he didn't ask me to post it here. I only did because it seemed like a couple people might have been curious. But whatever, he also made a video in response to your post if you need more proof. imgur.com/P87Gn82

I mean, sure, he could probably have made a script or something to mess with the webpage if he was really determined to trick us into thinking he got banned for trolling, but I'm inclined to take it at face value, because that's ridiculous.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
that's ridiculous.
Houseman. That was literally his point. By his own admission he can't and shouldn't be trusted. A random person made a gif on something that looks like a Houseman account on this site and flicks around. Good. Great. I don't believe it for a fucking second, if for no other reason its from his account. Liars don't get the benefit of the doubt when they're banned anymore than Rush Limbaugh is a good man now that he's dead.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Nah, the hypothetical response to Houseman, could he but see it.
He can, he's reading the thread. He wasn't IP banned.

Houseman. That was literally his point. By his own admission he can't and shouldn't be trusted. A random person made a gif on something that looks like a Houseman account on this site and flicks around. Good. Great. I don't believe it for a fucking second, if for no other reason its from his account. Liars don't get the benefit of the doubt when they're banned anymore than Rush Limbaugh is a good man now that he's dead.
So you don't think Houseman was a troll? Well, what do you think he was banned for then?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
He can, he's reading the thread. He wasn't IP banned.

So you don't think Houseman was a troll? Well, what do you think he was banned for then?
No I think he was a troll. I also think he wanted to be called a troll and then deny it afterwards. I think he wanted to derail every conversation, and then be accused of doing so and then denying to get right wing cult props.

Status
Not open for further replies.