#001: Insert Coin

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014
TheRealJayDee said:
'sup? Finally managed to read this, and I join the ranks of those intrigued about the comic. Since it's intended that we don't yet know shit about what's happening and who everyone is and what they're up to... yeah, I'll be back to learn more!

Never played Shovel Knight, though I did recognize him (or whatever it is that looks a lot like him). Curious who or what we'll meet as the story progresses. I like the art, it seems refreshingly un-webcomic-y (totally a word) - not that I read too many webcomics or anything and would know, actually...

Anyways, best of luck with this, hope it'll work out the way you want it to! :D

PS: I just finished downloading Pillars of Eternity, but I more than need to go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the chance to learn that MY anctient PC isn't able to run it properly... (-_-)'
I sure do hope un-webcomicy is a word. :D

Thanks for all your praise, TRJD, much, much appreciated!

As for PoE, it works surprisingly well on my - also ancient, it was bought to serve ME2 - setup, even allowing me to render stuff while I play. Good stuff.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Okay Koobs, judging from Marauder Shields then you like it when people get speculative... :p

So the doctor and the floating AI are performing 'neuroscience'. This seems to be our world and near future, since GTA and Breaking Bad got name-dropped very quickly. The AI is young (in our terms) but has done a lot of self-development since being created, to the point that it no longer trusts in it's own plan (that's really not a good sign). Then again, it seems to have developed fear, and might just be panicking at having the police after them and not thinking rationally about its own plan. (An AI not thinking rationally... probably isn't a good sign either.)

And they're treating a coma patient via virtual reality. With Shovel Knight. Who looks like he's about to try and kill her. (And whom I mentally always refer to as "Sir Sho'Vel"...)

Does she come out of the coma if she wins the game? If so, how can the doctor 'make it right this time' if she's the one playing the game? And when did freaking youtube pranks get to the point where they can be confused with VR?! Questions, questions, and more questions...

...You can bet I'll be sticking around for the answers :)

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014
Redlin5 said:

I'm very interested to see where this goes.
Thank you!

The_Darkness said:
Okay Koobs, judging from Marauder Shields then you like it when people get speculative... :p

So the doctor and the floating AI are performing 'neuroscience'. This seems to be our world and near future, since GTA and Breaking Bad got name-dropped very quickly. The AI is young (in our terms) but has done a lot of self-development since being created, to the point that it no longer trusts in it's own plan (that's really not a good sign). Then again, it seems to have developed fear, and might just be panicking at having the police after them and not thinking rationally about its own plan. (An AI not thinking rationally... probably isn't a good sign either.)

And they're treating a coma patient via virtual reality. With Shovel Knight. Who looks like he's about to try and kill her. (And whom I mentally always refer to as "Sir Sho'Vel"...)

Does she come out of the coma if she wins the game? If so, how can the doctor 'make it right this time' if she's the one playing the game? And when did freaking youtube pranks get to the point where they can be confused with VR?! Questions, questions, and more questions...

...You can bet I'll be sticking around for the answers :)
You know me well, Darkness, I do love when people get speculative. :D You have a couple hits in your post there. :D

...and I might be stealing "Sir Sho'Vel". :D