#003 - Brunch

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
It's not crack, it's weed...crack pipes look really different and are a lot smaller.

How do you get weed by mail-order though? Unless the dealer comes to your door...in which case, how would you make the exchange? She'd have to move all the mail away from the slot to get to it (since she won't open the door), and then move it back? Why would she go through all that trouble and not just leave the mail where it is after she moves it?

Erin dies alone...in a plot hole.

Wakey87

Sep 20, 2011
This is turning out to be pretty awesome, I'm a big fan of Watamote and Welcome to the NHK.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
awesomeClaw said:
That was jarring.

Granted, we all knew Erin was a peculiar girl, but I didn' take her for a fuckin´ drug addict.
Casual use does not equal addiction.
I'm dutch, I'd know. ;)

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Wait, if Erin hasn't left the apartment for at least two years, did she just buy a tonne of weed a few years ago?

Aug 31, 2012
JenSeven said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Ah, that breakfast crack pipe, so much better than coffee.
There is a massive difference between a crack pipe and a bong.
A bong is used for weed or hash.
And that very obviously is a bong.

I don't use any of that stuff myself, but I at least know the difference.

Well, I used to, a lot, and that could be either. There's no real difference between a homemade crack pipe and a bong.

direkiller said:
Zykon TheLich said:
it's a bong, for weed

although I don't know if not knowing your drug paraphernalia is a good or a bad thing.
It's a pipe, for whatever you want to put in it. I choose to imagine it's crack.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Well Erin, THAT would explain why you're hallucinating.
No it wouldn't. Pot doesn't make you hallucinate. Besides, she was established as already being bat shit crazy long before she ever tried pot.

Zykon TheLich said:
JenSeven said:
Zykon TheLich said:
There is a massive difference between a crack pipe and a bong.
A bong is used for weed or hash.
And that very obviously is a bong.

I don't use any of that stuff myself, but I at least know the difference.

Well, I used to, a lot, and that could be either. There's no real difference between a homemade crack pipe and a bong.

direkiller said:
Zykon TheLich said:
it's a bong, for weed

although I don't know if not knowing your drug paraphernalia is a good or a bad thing.
It's a pipe, for whatever you want to put in it. I choose to imagine it's crack.
Actually no it is a bong. The element of water in it defines it as such. And while yes, she could technically put whatever in it, the most likely thing that a reclusive, mentally damaged, 20ish, hipster, urban white girl would smoke, would likely be pot.

OT: I do like the idea that her behavior has finally meant that all of her friends have cast her off for the insane freakbag that she really is, so now she's resorted to becoming a shutin. A shutin who isn't taking her schizophrenia medication, thus hallucinating 24/7, smoking pot to quell her overwhelming depression, and has now Died Alone, in her apartment. Perhaps her hamster/gerbel thing, and it's entire family line now use her for a food source, and wear her skin like clothing, wielding tiny Erin Bone spears as they claim the apartment for themselves.

Yes, yes this image cheers me up greatly. xD

Have I mentioned I don't like Erin? xD

Aug 31, 2012
Happyninja42 said:
Actually no it is a bong. The element of water in it defines it as such. And while yes, she could technically put whatever in it, the most likely thing that a reclusive, mentally damaged, 20ish, hipster, urban white girl would smoke, would likely be pot.
And to any crack user, it's a crack pipe. And to include my edit from my first post:

Zykon TheLich said:

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware Grey and Corey probably meant that to be a bong for weed, but it also makes a perfectly functional crack pipe. I find it more amusing to assume it's being used for the latter.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Okay, it's an old joke, but I'm just gonna say it....

*In Nate Dogg voice*: Eat Brunch Everydaaayyy~.

hentropy said:
Last comic the plot hole was where she got her groceries, NOW it's how she gets her drugs if she never goes outside or talks to anyone. Even a Y2K massive drug stash would have run out by now. Being a hikikomori can be a surprising amount of work.
Grey and Cory dig themselves deeper into the hole known as plot. I bet it'd make a fabulous container for hot-boxing.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Combustion Kevin said:
awesomeClaw said:
That was jarring.

Granted, we all knew Erin was a peculiar girl, but I didn' take her for a fuckin´ drug addict.
I'm dutch, I'd know. ;)
Of course, I'm not saying you become a junkie the second you take a hit from the bong.

But be 100% honest here - does it really seem like Erin is the type of person who has a healthy relationship with drugs?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
awesomeClaw said:
Combustion Kevin said:
awesomeClaw said:
That was jarring.

I'm dutch, I'd know. ;)
Of course, I'm not saying you become a junkie the second you take a hit from the bong.

But be 100% honest here - does it really seem like Erin is the type of person who has a healthy relationship with drugs?
Well, we saw the episode where she apparently first tried pot a few weeks ago or something? I remember her trying it, and them asking her if she was high, and the "punchline" was her standing, surrounded by her host of schizophrenic hallucinations, and asked "How would I know?" So, yeah it's been established she's at least tried it, so no reason she couldn't develop a habit after trying it. I'm assuming this other strip has fast forwarded the timeline somewhat, for obvious reasons based on what's going on.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Turning on the TV...? Are you saying she's too depressed to even play video games...? Will her only interaction with video games be her hallucinations...?

Tarfeather

May 1, 2013
Am I the only one who would expect a drug addict who's been shut in for several years to be a lot less.. well-groomed?

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Tarfeather said:
Am I the only one who would expect a drug addict who's been shut in for several years to be a lot less.. well-groomed?
Showing armpit hairs? Inconceivable! I'm sure those went extinct long ago.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Even if I like this comics, but reading it, I have only one question:
If she have to leave the apartment 2 years, how the heck she can survive for so long without food or as we can see, weed/smoke/crack/whatever make you happy/pills for me?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ohhhkay it seems a lot of peeps regard one bong hit, as the sign of a drug addict.

They also don't realise some dealers deliver to ppls door.

They also don't realise crack cannot be burnt by a naked flame, hence the crackpipe being glass. (As far as i know)

A.K.B.

Feb 27, 2014
Zombie_Fish said:
Wait, if Erin hasn't left the apartment for at least two years, did she just buy a ton of weed a few years ago?
she grows it in that heap of unread paper mail ~