#004: Fresh Start

animeprime

Feb 18, 2013
Wait, wouldn't having a custom printed book shelf screen cost more than a cheap shelf from Goodwill and some books from the free bin at the library? I'm also noticing this is numbered 004, is the series rebooting? Looking forward either way!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Erin, you shouldn't do the peace sign like that. People can apparently steal your finger prints that way now. Though, I guess that's mostly just a problem if you have some stuff locked away behind print identification.

Plus, I guess you have other stuff to worry about. ;p

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Is that skull a reference to MacArthur, Davis Aurini's pet fake skull?

(PS, if you don't know who Davis Aurini is, you shouldn't look it up unless you really enjoy white nationalists bitching about Star Wars not being white enough.)

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Oh dear god. Is this story arc going to be about Erin's rise as a shitposting youtuber? If so that would be pretty sweet.

JimB said:
Is that skull a reference to MacArthur, Davis Aurini's pet fake skull?

(PS, if you don't know who Davis Aurini is, you shouldn't look it up unless you really enjoy white nationalists bitching about Star Wars not being white enough.)
Edit. OK maybe I'm not the only one who sees something along these lines. I recognize the name and feel dirty for it.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Erin, you shouldn't do the peace sign like that. People can apparently steal your finger prints that way now. Though, I guess that's mostly just a problem if you have some stuff locked away behind print identification.

Plus, I guess you have other stuff to worry about. ;p
As if Erin has anything worth stealing now.

Bad Player

Jun 21, 2013
I actually liked Erin's OutOf10's coworkers. Oh well, I'd rather have Critical Miss without then be without Critical Miss.

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
Hey I moved into an apartment looking like that once... blanket in the corner and PC tower on the floor.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
OMFG SHE KEEPS GETTING CUTER

Erm...

Can't wait to see what's in store for Erin in this situation. Love the new artstyle.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
God, I loved the final panel's reveal of Erin's deception for the camera. Brilliant!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Ruisu said:
OMFG SHE KEEPS GETTING CUTER

Erm...

Can't wait to see what's in store for Erin in this situation. Love the new artstyle.
Agreed.
On both points.

Adorable though a little heartbreaking to see her in this situation.
Of course, it's the right kind of heartbreaking that comes from investment in the character and story.

hmm.

This isn't turning into a prequel for "Erin dies alone" is it?
In a sparse flat.
On her own.
Doesn't want to go out anywhere and cut off from her friends.
Also hallucinates video game characters.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is a one-off gag. Poking fun at the games industry and games journalism needs more situations than a webcam in an empty room.