#004 - Persuasive Technique

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
SweetShark said:
I expect a plot twist which Rad Panda is a real person in discuise to make Erin give up drugs.
You know somehow similar with the plot twist in the other comic series with the alternative Erin.
But in reverse.
I'd actually like that. That this comic is similar, yet different to the Erin we know. Kind of a mix of "Welcome to the NHK" and "Calvin and Hobbes".

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
Also... I find that last shot a little strange given the raccoon is a sonic stand-in, and it's holding up snes controllers... XD
I was thinking the same thing.

For a Sonic Expy to hold SNES-like Controllers is a little off-putting.

Maybe the Raccoon isn't a Sonic Expy? Maybe he's an expy of a more obscure SNES character?

whtkid6969 said:
Let's make a meme!

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
In the last comic she was supposed to have breakfast, I think videogames are about as poor a substitute for food as pot is. At least pot makes you hungry instead of making you forget to eat.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
piscian said:
Guess I'll be that guy and say I'm just not enjoying this at all.

I get that this is some sort of attempt to have this big reveal story-arc and I'm just supposed to have the patience wait through this kind of nothingness thats going on until you get there.

I don't want to. What you've published so far isn't that interesting or entertaining.

Please don't take this as though I'm just pissing all over what you're trying to do, I want you to succeed and I think the idea you presented originally has some merit.

Let me point you towards at least flipping through or picking up , at your books supplier, one of E.C Segars Books (the guy who invented Popeye)

http://www.amazon.com/E.-C.-Segar/e/B00288QXQ2/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

I think this is very inline with the angle of this and the regular strip you were doing.

Depression and agoraphobia are incredibly heartwrenching but at the same time there are ways to make the topic and entertaining, on that I think "Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me: A Graphic Memoir" by Ellen Forney

http://www.amazon.com/Marbles-Depression-Michelangelo-Graphic-Memoir/dp/1592407323

is a another good resource.

Anyway good luck with the strip.
Well, for me I read this comic in a different angle:
Maybe this comic doesn't want to show to you the meaning of depression.
Sure, maybe this is bullsh*t, but you never know.
So far I don't see her as a victim of depression. I see her more like victim of drugs and illusions.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Idsertian said:
TopazFusion said:
I know right.

JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE!

Don't you try and make me use that as an avatar. Don't you dare. I like my Sunny.

OT: So Erin isn't going to get baked today? That's a shame, it could have been interesting to see how that affected her... delusions.
Thanks for that :) Love Erin, wish she'd date me.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I'm guessing that Rad is some part of her positive side trying to break through, but as the title of the comic suggests, it probably does not end well.

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
Maybe I'm doing something stupid by trying to bring up real world logic to this, but I keep thinking: how does Erin keep herself supplied with food/meds/drugs? I suppose weed can be homegrown and there's always online shopping for food (although she would still need to go out to pick up the packages) but I've never heard of any way to get pills and other prescription medication without physically going to medical center/pharmacy. There's always the option of someone else coming in and helping her but I vaguely recall Grey saying that Erin would be the only real person in the series.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
I'm just going to say that this seems like it will be better as a complete story than as a serial. Just seems to be shaping up that way. Not a bad thing, but trying to force a comic to be both consumable in page-sized chunks and also be a complete story often makes both suffer. I am enjoying it though so far.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
First person to do a Rad Panda cosplay gets all my love. And possibly cake. But mostly love.