#010: ABD

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
No joke, one of these guys came up to me and tried to sell me pot and a pack of AAA batteries. I have no idea what kind of market research he was doing.
It's always good to have diversity in the goods that you're peddling. Why sell just pot when you could sell pot AND batteries? And maybe a random left shoe with a hole in it? Perhaps expand and start providing a stack of McDonald's napkins for a dollar? He's trying to grow his business, Grey, and I - for one - applaud his entrepreneurial spirit!

Who knows? Maybe some day he'll open a line of Pot'n'Batteries shops that will sweep across the nation! That's how dreams are realized! :D

Kurt91

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Wait a minute...

Is that the CEO of ShardCo.? Well, I guess we know what inspired that particular hallucination.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Next thing you know the public is gonna spin the legalization of pot into a "it hurts the little guys" controversy.

It will happen.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Markup on batteries is about 25-40% on average. The guy picked a good product to peddle if he got it at cost.

Alek The Great

May 24, 2011
Wait, what are you doing in downtown Vancouver?? Have you been living here all this time? That comment just caught me off-guard almost as much as (years ago) finding out that LRR folks were based out of Victoria. Well, I suppose it's just neat.

OT: I've only had weed and "stories" (usually about some sort of deity or other) peddled to me in Vancouver. If I'm very lucky, I'll have some charitable organization spokesperson stop me on the street, be "nice" to me and then immediately try to guilt trip me into supporting them by giving them large sums of money each month.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Well, most stoned people zone out in front of the TV, and most remotes work on AAA batteries.
The last thing you'd want is to be stoned, with a dead remote and watching the home shopping channel.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
What if there's a sudden shift in the market and suddenly batteries are the new weed? You gotta be ready.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Mr Companion said:
What if there's a sudden shift in the market and suddenly batteries are the new weed? You gotta be ready.
Hands Mr Companion a couple of 9 volt batteries
I got the good stuff this time.
Holds up bag of watch batteries
These are for the road.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
The weed was likely balls in

The AAA shit were likely garbage

But what do I know, you are at the other end of the country. I'm in the maritimes...

And, admittedly, I don't smoke anything.

Just drink...

Pirate Rum...

But definitely not on Oak Island.

where it's still too cold for a proper buzz or high, and I know at least half of that, because I'm a rummy pirate wannabe who has no gold "doubloons" and hates snow.

In rural Nova Scotia.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Batteries? That's what he was selling in the last strip? They looked like travel brochures.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
Batteries? That's what he was selling in the last strip? They looked like travel brochures.
Judging by how crestfallen he looks when Erin waves him off, I'd say those are video games and he's trying to find someone to play them with.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Batteries? I'd have thought biscuits, cookies or any other kind of comfort food would be the shoe-in product to go with weed

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Re: what weed guy was selling in the previous trip - those were tour brochures. He was literally selling 'adventures'.

Re: real-life Vancouver AAA-battery-and-pot package deal - perhaps those were for portable vaporizers?