#019: Faint Praise

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Holy shit.

I just realized they are in a game similar to Halo.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Aw poor Erin. It certainly doesn't help the anti-social disorders go away. But unfortunately can be a tempting retreat from the negative shouting in the head.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Personally I find that toking up improves my sniping in Definitely Not Halo. :p

And was that Radical Racoon about to admit that he's a Tanooki and not a Racoon? :3

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Interesting.

I never really thought Erin had a problem with that. Just that she's portrayed as a shut in with some mental issues. With that being the case, pot is something readily available so she just does it. I figure when and if she cleans herself up, she just puts it down.

Eh, but what do I know? I'm basically a straight edge. Heck I barely touch caffeine anymore.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Aerosteam said:
Holy shit.

I just realized they are in a game similar to Halo.
Really? <.<

:/ I'm still not seeing it... [sub][sub][sub][sub];p[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
RJ 17 said:
Personally I find that toking up improves my sniping in Definitely Not Halo. :p

And was that Radical Racoon about to admit that he's a Tanooki and not a Racoon? :3
Not the right colors for tanooki.

Rad Red Pandas be Rad, yo.

OT: As for the pot thing, that's one of the few good arguments against pot that I've heard.

Not enough to say it should be illegal while we can still go ape on shit like alcohol and cigarettes (so long as you're old enough), but that's a whole other thing.

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
Why do I get the feeling that we will not truly be able to appreciate EDA for another 5 years? As far as webcomics go this is breaking ground.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
RJ 17 said:
He's a red panda. That's why his name is Rad Panda... You can see it on the TV screen in the second strip.
OT: Sergeant Dudebro here is showing a surprising depth of character, given that I figured he'd just be all "Yeah, woo, kill the aliens!" after he accidentally squished the sympathetic NPC.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Imp Emissary said:

Yeah, I know he's more than likely a Red Panda...I just think tanookies(? is that the plural? :p) are cuter. :3

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
well, that sounds familiar.
IQ of 152 (Mensa tested) and ADD (not hyperactive, unless you count my mind).

Yup, that's what I basically do all day, try to avoid thinking, because my mind has a tendency to distract itself.
I never get anything done.

emeril322

Jul 12, 2012
Am I the only one who noticed that Rad Panda's cheek fur has orange/red tips in the past only, and is all white in the present....?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Cory and Grey have clearly never seen someone do quadratic equations and teach geomtry while blazed out their mind.

Basically, a good dose of pot can likely improve your cognitive functions. But it varies from person to person.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
Imp Emissary said:

Yeah, I know he's more than likely a Red Panda...I just think tanookies(? is that the plural? :p) are cuter. :3
Plus, the name "Rad Panda" kind of gave away what he is. xD

He may not be a tanooki[sub][sub](also I believe the plural is just "tanooki", kind of like ninja)[/sub][/sub], but he could were a tanooki suit!

>:D

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Last time she was lighting up, it was mentioned it's pot, not crack that she's smoking. While I don't have a lot of experience with pot, is that really something people do to forget or to stop thinking?
Honestly, her smoking crack would seem more appropriate to me at this point. But maybe I just don't know enough highly depressed, schizophrenic stoners.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Skeleon said:
Honestly, her smoking crack would seem more appropriate to me at this point. But maybe I just didn't know enough highly depressed, schizophrenic stoners.
Can I ask why?
Have you some knowlwdge on how crack is more preferable, that would benefit by sharing? Although we are always intaking various chemicals everyday because, well, everything is a chemical of sorts. Therw is this guy called Frank, I wouldnt dismiss...

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Xsjadoblayde said:
Can I ask why?
Pot is mood-altering and relaxing, yes. But crack is a far, far stronger drug. It can cause outright euphoria and is also much more of a stimulant. If she tries "not to think", using pot seems a bit weak to me.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Imp Emissary said:
As for the pot thing, that's one of the few good arguments against pot that I've heard.

Not enough to say it should be illegal while we can still go ape on shit like alcohol and cigarettes (so long as you're old enough), but that's a whole other thing.
I mean, the usual mind-blank of choice for most shut-ins I know is booze, not pot. You black out instead of just getting high, it's legal to anyone 21 or over, so it's easy to get a hold of, and as far as I know, it's easier to maintain drunkenness than a high.