#068 - Om Nom

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Despite seeing every kind of alien intestine in the galaxy splattered across the walls like festive party decorations, this is the closest Gunny has ever come to upchucking over the inside of his visor.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I wonder if Gunny is another part of Erin's mind that's trying to save her, just like Rad (at least that's what I think he is). He's disapproving of her unhealthy lifestyle and current situation, and wants Erin to get back into a normal routine.

8 day old Chinese food... yeesh.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
RJ 17 said:
I think someone called it during his saga: the very bottom line in his helmet's visor expresses his current state. Corey is very good at working the angels of a panel so that it can look like Gunny is frowning, smiling, or being flat/as-a-matter-of-fact.
I never even thought about that before, but after checking the last couple of comics I can totally see it now.

OT: Maybe it's like those hundred-year-old-eggs... Some people call it rotten eggs, others a delicacy!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Bindal said:
Despite not even having a face, I can see the horror and disbelieve in Gunnys face at the end...
possibly there's some relief that he's in a sealed environmental unit.
well, except for that hole and the sticking plaster.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Actually, I kind of get the feeling that Gunny is envious of someone enjoying food, even something as gross as this. There's only so long you can eat recycled nutrient paste before anything else looks appetizing.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
You eat your own shit, Gunny. You have no room to criticize.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
Fresh Chinese food is already intestinally dangerous. Eight days old... Kill it with fire!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Czann said:
Fresh Chinese food is already intestinally dangerous. Eight days old... Kill it with fire!
All those irradiated veggies and all that food coloring... I once saw a friend of mine turn into a Super Mutant after eating week-old General Tao chicken.

True story. *insert many blurry and cartoonish head nods*

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
You know what's really funny? Everyone focused on the week+1 old Chinese and no one noticed Erin done rolled herself a blunt!

BastiVC

Oct 23, 2015
otakon17 said:
You know what's really funny? Everyone focused on the week+1 old Chinese and no one noticed Erin done rolled herself a blunt!
Eh, she was established as a smoker very early.

What I did however notice is the grinder on the table.

A certain Artist/Writer combo clearly know their shit. ^^

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Teoes said:
Are we allowed to notice that between panels, Erin appears to switch the hand she's using to hold the chopsticks? Unless my brain is wrong and/or no-one cares. The way it was drawn definitely looks better for the image layout, though.
Your brain is wrong. That's how reflections work.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Also - "Avant-garde sleeping schedule"? Please, that was my schedule during my thesis days!

Back when I was a hirsute vampire who came out of his den only for one of three things: takeout, game nights or planned meetings with his thesis director. In that last case, what left its den could've almost passed for human, thanks to soap, toothpaste and a pre-meeting twelve-hour "nap".

Jun 20, 2013
Took me forever to notice that she was smoking a joint ... and it's not even that subtle. I thought she had a toothpick in her mouth until I reread the comic later lol.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Grouchy Imp said:
Nowt wrong with left-over Chinese for breakfast*! Best thing for a hang-over, in my opinion.

[sub][sub]*Breakfast, in this case, usually occurring around 3PM.[/sub][/sub]
Strange, that's usually until 11 for me. 3'S Lunchtime.