#076 - Vantage Point

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well...
Lets hope it isn't the one that has a character named "Thunder" who says the extremely 'genius' lines like the famous "Destiny is destiny." :'D

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Combustion Kevin said:
No Rad, you have no idea how deep that abyss goes!
Indeeeeed. Strap your twitching limbs down, this is about to start making about as much sense as a dumpsterful of orangutans. I can't wait for the androgynous character with a hairstyle like an explosion in a Swiss army knife factory to appear. It's a shame we won't be able to hear what their laughter sounds like due to the format, because I'm already anticipating strangled crow fellatio.

Oh boy, oh boy. OH BOY OH BOY OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY! :D

Maybe I'll just sit down for a while.

EDIT: In retrospect, that may have come across as seethingly negative. I should add that I'm no less excited to see where the comic's going to go next. I just enjoy taking the piss out of the Final Fantasy series. Music's very good, though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Hmmmm...are we going to get an FF7 parody? Or is Rad's finger hiding another "I" and we're going into FF8 territory? If the latter, it's about to get obscenely emo up in here. If the former: still rather emo, just not quite as obscene and over-the-top about it.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Wow, there's certainly quite a bit of gloom and doom in the comments. Calm down, people, it's only Ultimate Saga VIII, widely hailed as the second-best installment post 16-bit (after US:VII, natch). We haven't yet gotten to the "strangled cow-fellatio" laughter of (the aptly-named) Solus in US:X (remember, US:VIII wasn't voiced) or the interminable linear grind that is Thunder's Revisitation: Ultimate Saga XII.

EDIT: I see the extra 'I' hiding behind your finger, Rad, you cheeky rascal. Got my hopes up for a moment.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
and so we embark on a meaningless saga of vague semi hippie deuscide quest full of androgenous teenage twats, shallow pinnup damsels in distress, undertones of homophobia and a plot incomprehensibly thick with jargen and pseudo theological references yet childishly simple and stupid and a combat system that can't make up it's mind as to wether it wants to be turn-based or real time. can we just play "wywern era excommunication" instead? maybe a bit of "the warlocker 3". maybe even "overstory", i hear it's quite a lot like the 1995 jrpg classic "heaven-released" the second installment in the "father" trilogy"

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Yay, a JRPG chapter! I am waiting for at least one joke about dumb hair, at least one for oversized swords and one for "why the hell do I have to stand still when f*cker is attacking me?!".

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Oh, and also
CyanCat47 said:
and so we embark on a meaningless saga of vague semi hippie deuscide quest full of androgenous teenage twats, shallow pinnup damsels in distress, undertones of homophobia and a plot incomprehensibly thick with jargen and pseudo theological references yet childishly simple and stupid and a combat system that can't make up it's mind as to wether it wants to be turn-based or real time. can we just play "wywern era excommunication" instead? maybe a bit of "the warlocker 3". maybe even "overstory", i hear it's quite a lot like the 1995 jrpg classic "heaven-released" the second installment in the "father" trilogy"

"Every party needs a pooper, thats why they invited you. Party poooper. Party pooooper."

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Oh, thank god, it's back!
I thought this would be the year I finally left Escapist.

CyanCat47 said:
Some "classic", we still haven't managed to get the 3rd one. I'm beginning to wonder if the prospect of adventuring with Casul and friends is even worth it at this point.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, at least he chose the best in the series. I've heard that eight will make your eyes desolve, and ten will make you bleed from every oriface.

Personally, I want them to get through this so that they can get to Quiet Mountain. Im curious how Gunny would do in there.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Awww crap... here come the characters with anime eyes and hair you can cut glass with...

Wonder how gunny will react to emo spiky hair guy?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
CaitSeith said:
Jeez, I didn't expect Gunny to be a camper.
Well, he actually uses legit, albeit old, real life strategy. Here is a dumb comic about it:

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Do I smell another character will joined Erin party preferable some stupid haircut but handsome dude whose carry a some over the top weapon?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Mister K said:
CaitSeith said:
Jeez, I didn't expect Gunny to be a camper.
Well, he actually uses legit, albeit old, real life strategy. Here is a dumb comic about it:
Yeah. But they aren't fighting a real war. They are playing a videogame (which isn't even about a real war).

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
FFVII or FFVIII?! YAY!!!!
And of course; BURRRRRRRN! "Have you played this ... simulation before?".
They just don't come any hotter than that! :D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
My thought upon seeing the cover of the game in Rad's hands: "Uh oh. Buckle up, kiddies, we're going to take on JRPG's! Overly long cutscenes that look nothing like the gameplay graphics, dudes that look like chicks, pseudophilospohical babbling, fighting with MENUS, Oh, they're going to rip 'em some new ones!"
CyanCat47 said:
I read that in the voice of Yahtzee, and it was a perfect fit!