#082 - Starter Town

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Lol, who let that helicopter into our FF game?

On a related note, I just started playing FFXIV so the current arc is very relevant for me >.<

Aug 31, 2012
Ah, the classic tale of youngster's life turned upside down, after their quiet pastoral village is targeted by the 1st Air Cavalry Division, under the suspicion of harbouring communist insurgents.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Damn! The airships design keeps getting more and more uninspired after every sequel!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
The flame tanks have come and gone, but I spy the tell-tale stealth chopper. NOD strikes again, and I give it an hour before Kane spins this into another GDI war crime, the utter bastard.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
this is why if prefer harvest moon. although imagine if after several years on the farm you have a family, a few animals and then one day hte place it bombed and it becomes a JRPG (although that's basically a plot synopsis of half of "the bridge builders" by jan guillo)

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Am I seeing things or did Rad start getting smaller over the last few comics?

All that needed was a little kid saying how happy he is with his perfect life. "I'm practicing hugging for when daddy gets home!"

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
That sign seems very taken with Gunny. So much so, that it's completely ignoring the fact that the door it overlooks has turned into a fiery maw of death and (I assume) reasonably-priced goods. Poor Mimic, too blinded by its desire for that roguish newcomer to save itself from an untimely cremation.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
No idea if the attack chopper in the background is just a joke or actually serious, hinting on this "game" being a "Magic VS Technology", with the Pure Tech being utterly evil - and the Crystal, being the Pure Magic, still being enough of a jerk to not like him, either.

When Rad turns out to be a Techno-Mage able to use magic form of technology, I gonna be a happy man.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Why are Erin's buttocks green in the first pannel? Just completely confused me. I know she's not that healthy but geezus!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, THAT escalated quickly... is an understatement.
The Wooster said:
#082 - Starter Town

Who Run Starter Town?

Read Full Article
Nobody anymore.
Vausch said:
Am I seeing things or did Rad start getting smaller over the last few comics?

All that needed was a little kid saying how happy he is with his perfect life. "I'm practicing hugging for when daddy gets home!"
This attack is retaliation from another town for their attempts at conversion... to RADIOACTIVE VAPOR!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Maybe it would've been even better if Gunny and/or Rad would've said "Whoops!" or "Fire magic is hard to control, huh?".

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
*looks at the sky. Sees the tail of the helicopter as neck, and head* Is... is that a dragon?*Sleepy eyes focus a little. Rotor looks kinda like a wing at the bottom.* No, it's a Pokemon dragon? *Stares. Squints. Eyes focus more*
<youtube=ldiTspgwMZA>
<youtube=tPIO86jTrQQ>
Barbas said:
The flame tanks have come and gone, but I spy the tell-tale stealth chopper. NOD strikes again, and I give it an hour before Kane spins this into another GDI war crime, the utter bastard.
<youtube=WIPRP0kkmjY>

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's a good thing you didn't show us what happened to the orphanage run by the young woman who sells flowers to make money to feed the orphans.

Also, is Gunny wearing a cape or a poncho? Because he looks like a character straight out of The Good, the Bad and the Seven-Foot-Tall Cyborg Supersoldier.

[small]What, did you never see that? It was even better than A Fistful of Cybloxian Credits.[/small]

Michael Dunkerton

Jan 8, 2013
Bindal said:
No idea if the attack chopper in the background is just a joke or actually serious, hinting on this "game" being a "Magic VS Technology", with the Pure Tech being utterly evil - and the Crystal, being the Pure Magic, still being enough of a jerk to not like him, either.

When Rad turns out to be a Techno-Mage able to use magic form of technology, I gonna be a happy man.
Even with the helicopter, this game has more "Fantasy" (in the traditional understanding of the word) to it than any of the post FF7 games. I think the most novel thing an FF game could do at this point is have a setting that was *just* medieval with dwarves and fairies and leave out the motorcycles and guns altogether.

voidraz

Jan 10, 2010
I just realized, she has a cute animal mascot (very Nintendo), and a space marine (very Xbox). This Final Fantasy knockoff is the perfect place to add a very Playstation character to the main team. FF games used to be synonymous with Playstation, even if it's wandered over to other companies in recent years.