#085 - Fair Warning

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
The Almighty Aardvark said:
CyanCat47 said:
i suddenly realized what the plot twist is going to be. Self-righteous violent police + omnipotent heartless soft-drink manufacturers= this is actually The United states in an alternate future where donald trump was elected president.
You can't say alternate univese just yet
I can hope, can't I? However i'm beginning to suspect that Trump only won polls because he has a famous name and doesn't have the network or competence to mobilize his potential voters. Sanders has been the polls underdog but managed to mobilize a massive ammount of voters. While I don't want any republican to ever win any election ever I think Cruz and Rubio can be relied upon to not nuke Mexico. Even so if I lived in America I would be running for Canada right about now

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
NPC009 said:
MarsAtlas said:
NPC009 said:
Nevermind the tambourine! Gunny does not know how bows work, does he?
Clearly not. Technically you can use a bow that way but you never would unless you've either learned it wrong for years or if you've got some sort of disability. I imagine Gunny is just going to use it the way I use firearms when I play Halo - as a club to bludgeon enemies with.
He could try stabbing opponents with the arrows.

(Gunny does have one excuse, though, that bow and arrows seem to be too small/short for him, and if they indeed are, he couldn't make the right movements even if he knew what he was doing.)
It's more the problem of the archers paradox, the way he is holding it the arrows going far left,if not going to turn sideways mid air. It's also going to kick up because his hand is too low.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
To me, the funniest part was that one of the soldier's not only seemed rational about this whole thing, just kinda rubbing his eyes at the ridiculousness of the whole situation, but told Erin to put on a shirt in a game in which that's the default outfit. You know something is wrong when NPCs start pointing out things wrong with the overall narrative and visual design.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I can almost hear the battle music warming up.

Erin is about to learn how a natural flair for percussion instruments translates into melee combat, Gunny has found the reload mechanism and rad, well, he's going to do something awesome.
Probably involving fire.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
direkiller said:
He could try stabbing opponents with the arrows.

(Gunny does have one excuse, though, that bow and arrows seem to be too small/short for him, and if they indeed are, he couldn't make the right movements even if he knew what he was doing.)
It's more the problem of the archers paradox, the way he is holding it the arrows going far left,if not going to turn sideways mid air. It's also going to kick up because his hand is too low.
It is, that's why I said 'if he knew what he was doing' :)

belfazof

Jun 24, 2010
Between his ridiculous shouty dialogue and his helmet resting down over his eyes, that flamethrower dude reminds me of the soldier from TF2.