1 Hour Left Until Portal 2! More Test Subjects

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
no, 12PM thats mid day.
I love all the articles on the internet that have been damning valve for only shaving like 2 hours off, when infact it's more like 10!

hence:
That's 9.38 hours ahead of "default boot"!
(http://hasportal2launchedyet.com/)

cantgetaname

Mar 16, 2011
Laice said:
no, 12PM thats mid day.
I love all the articles on the internet that have been damning valve for only shaving like 2 hours off, when infact it's more like 10!
Ya i've been watching this countdown timer since it poped up, and every game completed haas shaved off an hour or so off the release date. Except the last one or two which has been 30 mins. sadface

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
Xzi said:
Defense Grid will finish soon, so looking like a 10:30PM (MST) release at the latest. We got it an hour and a half early. :D
http://hasportal2launchedyet.com/
9.38 hours early :)

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Sober Thal said:
drummodino said:
The countdown just jumped signifigantly! Plus there is now 82 test subjects, possibly rising!!

Dammit Valve you've made me too excited, I'm not getting any of my uni work done.
So you might get it an hour early? That's it??

EDIT: Actually, when are you? Portal 2 is being released in 1 hour at (USA) Gamestops in Chicago.
I'm in Australia, wasn't supposed to be released until the 21st

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
drummodino said:
Sober Thal said:
drummodino said:
The countdown just jumped signifigantly! Plus there is now 82 test subjects, possibly rising!!

Dammit Valve you've made me too excited, I'm not getting any of my uni work done.
So you might get it an hour early? That's it??

EDIT: Actually, when are you? Portal 2 is being released in 1 hour at (USA) Gamestops in Chicago.
I'm in Australia, wasn't supposed to be released until the 21st
Good thing about steam is it's location independant apart from stupic licensing, Like EA and command and conquer. They released red alert 3 in america 6 MONTHS before we were allowed to play it in the UK on steam.

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
http://www.youtuberepeater.com/watch?v=lcFdB1lTIRA&feature=player_embedded

had this on repeat for the buildup :)

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Xzi said:
Outright Villainy said:
The whole killing floor only taking 5 minutes off thing was hilarious.

Valve are master trolls.
It's perhaps calculated as a percentage of the time remaining. So Defense Grid may not take off much time at all. =/
Well I was talking to a friend about it, and she said meat boy was unlocked a really short time before it, and maybe it was time taken is proportional to time between each jump, and Valve probably didn't expect the two so close together.

I'd still like to think it was just trolling. It's far too hilarious over on the steam forums right now.

Lykon

Dec 10, 2008
this may seem like a foreveralone.jpeg moment, but is anyone looking for someone to co-op campaign with? I'd like to play the single player through before starting co-op. I'm in Australia so my timezone is a little different to most of you, but send me a message for my Steam ID and I'd be willing =]