1 Month. 1 Game. Which game?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Eh . . . exactly one month? That's hard to recommend without knowing your playing habits.

I could say Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection if you only play for a few hours each week. Or even Mass Effect 2, I put 60 hours into it on my first playthrough without even completely finishing it.

Skyrim is a bit iffy because you may get the lag bug that happens after save files get too large, but you may not, and if you only play for a few hours each week it would have well more than a month's worth of content.

If the reason for a one game only deal here is a $60-80 budget, then if you could find Metal Gear Solid 4 used for pretty cheap I'd say get the HD collection and that, because (if you're a retro fan and play the Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake games contained along-side MGS3 in the HD collection) you'd be getting six games there.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Any sandbox RPG game with multiple character types and stats to pick will last atleast a month. You could do each type and work different stats up while doing just the main questline or you could spend a whole month trying to o all the other quests and collecting as many unigue items. Plus there are many genre from post apocalypse to D&D.

Get Steam on your Mac and look at the games for Mac in the store. you would be surprised at how many gems there are such as Torchlight if you like an older style RPG. Ofcourse Im suggesting that for when you go back from vacation.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
I'd still stick with skyrim if I was you, of course you won't finish it, but a month to play it is a damn good amount of time. The runner up to skyrim is Deus Ex 3
Of course you may already have TF2, but if you don't get it. It's free and it's on mac

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
The current humble bundle: Jamestown, Super Meat Boy, Beat.Trip Runner, NightSky, Gratuitous Space Battles, Shank
That'll keep you going for a month

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Batman, in my opinion. If you've played Asylum, then get City. If not, go with Asylum.

I can never recommend Batman hard enough, or frequently enough.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Honestly, I tired of Skyrim after not being told by the game that it'll just randomly save OVER my other saves with it's auto-save when I tried toi play a new game with a different class, race, etc.

What I have gotten back into in the past few days is Red Dead Redemption. I've had long enough of a break to really get it out of my system, so when I hopped back into the multiplayer yesterday and today it really hit me hard just how damn good this game still is.

So yeah, I'm voting for Red Dead Redemption. An amazing story which will take you about a week to blaze through (depending on how much you play the game) and a multiplayer that is honestly unlike any other on the market.

Runner-up prize goes to Mass Effect 2. It'll last you a damn sight longer than RDR if you take every side mission you can, but I just don't love it as much as some good old fashioned cowboys and indians action.