10% is not enough! Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Fraser.J.A. said:
P.S. Mshcher I am totally your fanboy. Apparently all it takes to get boys to adore you is to be a witty lesbian on a video game forum who rides a motorbike. If only the straight girls knew!
Hee! I have a fanboy! *preens*

If only the straight girls knew what? (Evil Me: Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!; Good Me: Shut. UP!)

zacaron said:
somtimes its like watching a cat trying to fly a kite but overall its fun
That made me laugh.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
Yeah, there's something to that effect on my profile. I call myself an leftist feminist queer or something like that. I generally just call myself "queer" because it also means "strange," (which is people's general impression of me) and also "homosexual" just makes my life sound a lot more...organized than it really is.
i swear half the threads i read that youve posted in you mention being a lesbian...ah well no harm in that, yay.
I am trying to find someone who will go all homophobe-troll on me. I have been on the internet for over a decade, been obnoxious as hell (as you can well guess), and I've still never been directly called a homophobic name. I've also never been called a feminazi, which really makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm never going to get all my Web Scout badges at this rate.
Yeah, you're doing something wrong, or you're going to all the wrong (read: right) places. I had a feeling you were looking for a rise though. Very tricksy.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Saskwach said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
i swear half the threads i read that youve posted in you mention being a lesbian...ah well no harm in that, yay.
I am trying to find someone who will go all homophobe-troll on me. I have been on the internet for over a decade, been obnoxious as hell (as you can well guess), and I've still never been directly called a homophobic name. I've also never been called a feminazi, which really makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm never going to get all my Web Scout badges at this rate.
Yeah, you're doing something wrong, or you're going to all the wrong (read: right) places. I had a feeling you were looking for a rise though. Very tricksy.
Well, and to be fair, if all you guys are going to talk about having girlfriends and not having girlfriends, I should be able to as well, right? ;)

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
I got into gaming because I have always wanted to, and then one day on the spur of the moment I bought an xbox360 with no prior knowledge of the system or even having researched it, and now that I'm here and I hear what you guys say about it I am kinda scared of it... but back on topic!

Evan, a guy I know convinced me to buy it, and that's how I got here, and now I am trying to get him to buy me live...

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Smiles said:
I got into gaming because I have always wanted to, and then one day on the spur of the moment I bought an xbox360 with no prior knowledge of the system or even having researched it, and now that I'm here and I hear what you guys say about it I am kinda scared of it... but back on topic!

Evan, a guy I know convinced me to buy it, and that's how I got here, and now I am trying to get him to buy me live...
It was so funny, I finally bought my first Xbox after talking with a very swishy gay guy friend of mine about how much I liked playing Halo and how much he liked playing GTA, and we were both going to lose our access to our respective Xboxes, me because of a job change and him because of a roommate change. So we stopped by some game store, "just to look." We "looked" which is to say we stood there whining, "I wannnnt onnnne!" to each other, until he finally broke down and got one. I resisted as far as us getting back to the car, and then made him wait while I ran into the shop and bought mine.

When I got it home, my roommate just looked at me and said, "Oh no..."

And then I got her hooked on it, too. Now she's married to a dedicated Playstationer who views her Xbox with a bit of distaste, but she still likes playing racing and snowboarding games on it, and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

elffymon

Apr 11, 2008
people at work look at me strangely enough when i tell them i game, or get excited over a new game, i cant imagine the reaction i would get if i suggested that they join in.

but i guess thats the kinda people you get working in a fashion based dept store -__-, though one of the office girls plays wow.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
elffymon said:
people at work look at me strangely enough when i tell them i game, or get excited over a new game, i cant imagine the reaction i would get if i suggested that they join in.

but i guess thats the kinda people you get working in a fashion based dept store -__-, though one of the office girls plays wow.
I know a girl working in the fashion industry who's very similar. She used to be in our group and played games occasionally to fit in but constantly whined about how much we played. I felt like telling her "Listen, just for your sake we've toned it down A LOT already and if you have a problem with videogames WHY did you join a group of gamers? Come to think of it, how DID you get in this group? I barely knew you beforehand."
But that's another story.

May 17, 2007
The other day a couple of girls at work started looking at the DS I had sitting on my desk. When I said "it's a DS - like the new Gameboy" one of them laughed and said "how old are you again?" Her friend laughed too, but I could tell she secretly wanted one. :)

Mshcher: for a second I thought you said your friend likes playing racist snowboarding games. So! Many! Questions?!

P.S.: WTF FEMINAZI!!!! UR A DYKE WTF THATS SO GAY!! U JUS NEED A REEL MAN!!!! pix?

[/troll]

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
Saskwach said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
why do you want a homophobe troll may i ask? i mean its not going to be an intellectual battle, is it now?
You: im a lesbian
Troll: omg why mst u liek teh minge, wtf go back to gods plan, ur makin jesus cry! :mad:
A swift facepalm would be ahead i reckon.
Also if you want to be known as a feminazi i recommend pantsuits, bitching and generally not being likable ;)

Esmoreit

Oct 10, 2007
mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
Yeah, there's something to that effect on my profile. I call myself an leftist feminist queer or something like that. I generally just call myself "queer" because it also means "strange," (which is people's general impression of me) and also "homosexual" just makes my life sound a lot more...organized than it really is.

I see myself as somewhat of a rude dickhead and will go out of my way to annoy "feminazi's" - merely for my own pleasure without meaning it, mind you.
Luckily for me, two of my friends got into relationships with two girls... sisters of eachother and both highly emancipated. I try to aggitate them everytime I see them.
Last weekend while drinking in the pub: "Women are only emancipated when they want to. As soon as someone mentions that there is place to work in construction, or they need to lift something as much as a gymmat, they are suddenly these weak and feeble creatures that need manly help everywhere they go. The only way a woman should work is on her back".

It works everytime ;).

On topic... I've tried to get non-gamers to game. With different effects. When I was twelve I got my mates playing Goldeneye. We had long sessions at my house of that game but, none of them stayed gamers shamefully.

I've tried to get my sister into gaming. She used to watch me playing Zelda, Mario and other nintendo titles and occasionally gave tips. She started playing Ocarina of time though she always asked me to pass the "Lord Jabu Jabu" dungeon as she was too stressed.
Later on I tried her to play battlefield 1942 but that didn't go so well. For my amusement, I said she should start learning the B17 bomber...
She is now an avid Nintendo player still. She even managed to play an imported Japanese copy well before I even will play it (I'm European!)

My dad was a mixed bag. He was always impressed by the games I played... Battlefield, Zelda, Call of Duty, anything. The only game though where he said "Wow" and wanted to try was Rome: Total War. He didn't quite get the campaign mode, but I learned him how to set up battles to his liking and he played mainly those.

I also tried to get some girlfriends into gaming. I've only succeeded in one (Should try the method of the guy listed above next time.) We had the biggest fun with Smash bros in team battles. "Selina, look... I'm placing the mine HERE. On the Edge Don't step on it for the umptienth time, kee?"
Boom the mine went, 5 seconds later, sending Selina flying again...

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
sounds like shes not the sharpest tool in the shed, that or im insanely biased because i somehow have better spacial awareness in games than real life at some points.

mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
Also if you want to be known as a feminazi i recommend pantsuits, bitching and generally not being likable ;)
But I'm DOING that! Oh, wait, that's just at work...
hmm, hide all signs of femininity, grow a beard and speak in a welsh accent (if you need tips on welshness refer to me ;) ) if that doesnt convince everyone you're a lesbian or a rugy player nothing will.

On a completely unrelated note my cat is chewing the arm of my chair...

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Esmoreit said:
I see myself as somewhat of a rude dickhead and will go out of my way to annoy "feminazi's" - merely for my own pleasure without meaning it, mind you.
Luckily for me, two of my friends got into relationships with two girls... sisters of eachother and both highly emancipated. I try to aggitate them everytime I see them.
Last weekend while drinking in the pub: "Women are only emancipated when they want to. As soon as someone mentions that there is place to work in construction, or they need to lift something as much as a gymmat, they are suddenly these weak and feeble creatures that need manly help everywhere they go. The only way a woman should work is on her back".

It works everytime ;).
Well, you've certainly convinced me that you're a total dickhead. Well done. Or not.

Cameoflage

Feb 5, 2008
mshcherbatskaya said:
Esmoreit said:

It works everytime ;).
Well, you've certainly convinced me that you're a total dickhead. Well done. Or not.
Yeah, even if you don't mean what you're saying, spewing sexist crap just to piss people people still makes you a dickwad. Just a slightly different flavour of dickwad.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Anarchemitis said:
My opinion on making others join video games (such as my parents):
Yoda said:
Too old they are. Too old to begin the training.
Laughs all around. I tried to get my dad to play but he can't walk and aim at the same time and mum can't even look at the screen without getting sea sick (appently)

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
Oh, come on... what guy doesn't like lesbians?

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Esmoreit said:
mshcherbatskaya said:
Sib said:
mshcherbatskaya said:

It works everytime ;).
Much to learn, young padawan. It's perfectly possible to annoy devoted feminists without spewing out-and-out sexist crap. You just have to be more subtle. Or engage them in feminist debate. I have a feminist friend who I do this all the time with. It's great fun and we both come out of it hot, sweaty and pissed off.
How to do this, though? Well let's take your drivel as a starting point. Delete the last line- it's utter trash said purely for the rise. I'd change the rest into, "While many women enjoy the freedoms they garner from emancipation, they also aren't against accepting the help and support of men whose old-school sense of gallantry compels them to open car doors for women, or pull out the chair at the dinner table, for example. I ask you, isn't this simply another form of sexism, one just as damaging as others, as it continues to classify women as fragile things in need of masculine help?"
[/pomp]
It's still pretty stupid but the thing is it sounds reasonable.

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
i got my dad to play rockband with me the other day, for the first time, and he was pretty good! he plays the drums, so i wanted to see how a real drummer would do on rockband, and he never failed... accept for those times when he kept trying to talk to me and my sister, so annoying... and when he played guitar, we never let him sing heaven forbid.