10 Marvel Characters Who Should Show Up On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Dec 16, 2009
UK is quite a bit behind in episodes, but glad I risked this article.

Aside: couldn't Bob have found a better Silver Sable picture. I can draw better with my left hand

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Darth Marsden said:
Nope, sorry. Gonna have to violently disagree (geddit) that Punisher: War Zone was anything other than an absolute betrayal of the character and a disgusting waste of everyone's time, effort and money.

The best Punisher film we've ever had was '#DirtyLaundry', which is on YouTube and deserves to be watched by everyone who's even remotely curious about the character, because it sums up everything he is in around 10 minutes.

I do agree that The Punisher would work exceptionally well as a TV show, and would like to heartily recommend that they get Thomas Jane to play him. It'd be like getting Nic Cage to play Ghost Rider, only not sucky.
My internet here doesn't let me see the youtube link... was it War Zone that he discribed as the masterpiece? Really!? That was a shocking film! :S I did love the Tom Jane one though... massively!

Dirty Laundry was by far the best Punisher film made yet... and I am still hoping the guys who created it will make a feature length punisher film too! And Yes... Tom Jane to me IS the Punisher!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Interesting ideas here, Bob. I also sensed less hatred for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the tone you used. I don't think John Walker was ever what you'd call a "terrorist", but I can see a cinematic version of him being the Cap of the 1980's, while Steve Rogers was still frozen. Jen Walters can work, first by introducing her pre-She-Hulk form, then once more of Hulk's solo movies get off the ground, then we can see her origin story. I've always associated Silver Sable with Spider-Man, since for a long time they Marvel wouldn't team him up with Black Widow. I suppose the density of spider puns in such a story would be enough to collapse the universe. As for Strucker: Oh hell YEAH we gotta get him! He's the Supreme Hydra! Who's to say HYDRA completely collapsed after World War II? It could have reformed as a more underground organization. If you need a snake themed "bad guy army", Marvel has quite a few (which I believe has been lampshaded in Daredevil, recently): The Serpent Society and The Sons of the Serpent. There's even a half-rate HYDRA running round called Zodiac.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
RE: Tasky - His traditional costume will look silly, but his UDON costume will work just fine:

Jan 12, 2012
teebeeohh said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
OT: The Taskmasker would probably work best in their universe with a Batman-style utility belt, carrying small weapons and tools [plus, you could write storylines around trying to prevent him from getting access to footage of the Avengers fighting, which would explain why he isn't armed to the teeth].
why would they need to do that? all he had to gain from that would be caps shields trowing powers(and those are useless without the shield), everybody else has abilities he either can get somewhere else or are superhuman in some way, meaning he couldn't copy them.

what's interesting about taskmaster is that all the new shit he learns overwrites his long term memory and because he didn't know that when he starting using his ability he forgot why he started. which kinda fits in nicely in the show.
He could build a copy of Captain America's shield pretty easily (it might not be made of vibranium [unless one of the omnipresent billionaire super-villains gets involved] but it'll get the job done). He could also study Black Widow and Hawkeye for fighting, and possibly he could copy Iron Man's engineering skills if he gets video of him building or modifying the suit (I know he can copy just about any physical skill he sees, but I don't know how far that extends).

You're right about his memory problems fitting into the show.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
PuckFuppet said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
we get four people stuck on a plane that all have daddy issues
Not to be a stickler but at the very least Ward has mommy issues instead of daddy issues.
Thanks for that correction, I was really worried that these high school drama issues were too gender biased! /sarcasm

PuckFuppet

Entroducing.
Jan 10, 2009
TiberiusEsuriens said:
PuckFuppet said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
we get four people stuck on a plane that all have daddy issues
Not to be a stickler but at the very least Ward has mommy issues instead of daddy issues.
Thanks for that correction, I was really worried that these high school drama issues were too gender biased! /sarcasm
No problem citizen, just doing my job! /salute

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
teebeeohh said:
OT: The Taskmasker would probably work best in their universe with a Batman-style utility belt, carrying small weapons and tools [plus, you could write storylines around trying to prevent him from getting access to footage of the Avengers fighting, which would explain why he isn't armed to the teeth].
why would they need to do that? all he had to gain from that would be caps shields trowing powers(and those are useless without the shield), everybody else has abilities he either can get somewhere else or are superhuman in some way, meaning he couldn't copy them.

what's interesting about taskmaster is that all the new shit he learns overwrites his long term memory and because he didn't know that when he starting using his ability he forgot why he started. which kinda fits in nicely in the show.
He could build a copy of Captain America's shield pretty easily (it might not be made of vibranium [unless one of the omnipresent billionaire super-villains gets involved] but it'll get the job done). He could also study Black Widow and Hawkeye for fighting, and possibly he could copy Iron Man's engineering skills if he gets video of him building or modifying the suit (I know he can copy just about any physical skill he sees, but I don't know how far that extends).

You're right about his memory problems fitting into the show.
Isn't caps shield made out of a vibranium/adamantium alloy that can't be replicated because reasons?
Stealing an iron man suit by watching him build one should be possible, i think he learns to build bombs that way.

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
MovieBob said:
A common complaint regarding Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that it hasn't delivered the deluge of Marvel Universe characters many assumed it would.
That's hardly the show's fault. It never promised to flood the airwaves with lots of Marvel characters, people just based their expectations on wishful thinking.

MovieBob said:
Here's 10 Marvel characters who'd probably make for a good guest spot.
Spider-Woman, Moon Knight, She Hulk, Sentry... They're all kind of awful.

Punisher, yeah, that'd be cool for an episode or two.

Taskmaster, Strucker, yeah, I can see that. US Agent... sure, okay. Silver Sable and the Wild Pack? Yes, please.

And Blade... Hell, make him an agent. SHIELD's resources plus Blade's powers and determination. Put him at the head of an elite task force keeping the supernatural monsters at bay... That'd be a great comic and an even better show. Spin THAT off.

--Morology!

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I like this list! I've always pictured Taskmaster going up against the likes of Black Widow and Hawkeye but having him pop up on SHIELD would be cool. Not too sure on Sentry, Silver Sable, or USAgent making the cut IMO. However, She-Hulk and Punisher, would make a sweet Netflix series if done right (I.E. Do NOT hire David E Kelley! If he can't get Wonder Woman right, why the fuck does he deserve another chance at another comic book property).

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Apart from Setry those all sound good but they probably won't use them.
I already unintentionally stopped watching this show cos it keeps going on 3 week hiatuses after every 1 episode so I might just forget it till the season finishes and see if it still sucks then.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
HBaskerville said:
if you want to see actual superheros and villains in a comic book show, watch Arrow. It's a better show with superior writing and more interesting characters; basically better everything.
"Did it get better? I saw the first few episodes and I can't say it grabbed me; the characters were pretty bland and one-note."

It started out pretty rough, but I thought it got a lot better. I like Agents of Shield, but I was definitely more excited to watch Arrow. I haven't seen any of the second season yet, but from what I hear it has only continued to improve.

OT: I would like to see more of the Marvel universe brought into the show, but I think it's a difficult balance to get right. That's one of the things I grew to like about Arrow. Yes, it's focused on Green Arrow, but they've done a nice job of making it feel like part of DC's world through character appearances and name dropping.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
TiberiusEsuriens said:
The problem I'm having with Agents is that they are creating a decent amount of superheroes/villains in the show (5 at this point?) but they AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WITH THEM.
Agreed. Though I have hopes there will be an incident which changes all of that. Season finale of everyone breaking out of SHIELD?

BattlePope

Aug 2, 2008
I think Alphas was a better show with a budget that was likely a fraction of Agents of SHIELD's budget.

Danny Rand and Luke Cage would be great for an episode or so of "Welcome Wagon" duties, since one is Magical Batman (sans utility belt), and the other is a wrongfully convicted felon that got all of what Mike Peterson had. I was honestly thinking that Mike was Luke Cage in the pilot. And Danny's costume would just have to be worked into looking like the one from "Immortal Iron Fist" so people don't laugh uncontrollably at it.

I agree on Taskmaster being great, and the only real problem with him is the outfit, so set him up to be a merc with a skull mask and lugging around various weapons.

Most of the rest I don't really agree with: Blade isn't that great in most scenarios since it seems like he is just the worst master monster slayer, She-Hulk is great but would be nothing more than eye candy after a point, Sentry is a bad idea every time, Frank is a Mary Sue beyond all reason when people more powerful than Bullseye fights him,Spider-Woman would be fun to see just for the insult factor, Strucker would be great because we establish Hydra is still a thing, US Agent would have to wait until the episode that is a commercial for Cap 3, Moon Knight has always been Ax-Crazy Diet Batman, and the Silver Sable is only interesting in that she's gonna be a character that fights May and Ward and SHOULD win.

BattlePope

Aug 2, 2008
And I recall the Sentry as more of a Reverse Captain Marvel: old guy gets cosmic (magic) powers that make him young. And his skill set is really just "flying brick" as TV Tropes puts it.

Nextwave Agents of HATE would be a fun throwaway gag for like a nightmare Coulson has, but that wouldn't work with the tone of the show which is, apparently, Shadowy bad guy versus team 3 steps behind.

Drake Barrow

Jan 10, 2010
I hope the Sentry never gets anywhere near the MCU. He's a slice of awesome potential with absolutely terrible writing. I feel the same way about Sentry that most people feel about Superman. Taskmaster and U.S. Agent would be perfect fits for the show. I have no particular love of Spider-Woman or Silver Sable, but if they decide to put her in I won't complain too much. She-Hulk would be a hard sell. Moon Knight and the Punisher need to show up in the Power Man/Iron Fist/Daredevil shows that were planned, assuming those haven't fallen through. As for Blade...he'd be cool to see, no argument there, but I doubt they'll have that happen anytime soon. Again, he's more of a street-level character, and would be a perfect fit for the Defenders. I also can't remember if the rights to him are still directly held by Marvel or not.