10 Most Memorable The Legend of Zelda Characters

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
10 Most Memorable The Legend of Zelda Characters

For better or worse, these The Legend of Zelda characters have made their mark.

Read Full Article

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
And from all of those in the list, there is one who got an official spin-off game that never was released in America. Guess who it was.

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
CaitSeith said:
And from all of those in the list, there is one who got an official spin-off game that never was released in America. Guess who it was.
The Moon? Please say it was The Moon.

I'm thinking fantasy-horror, where the protagonist tries to escape its creepy glare only to fail, 'cause...well...it's The Moon.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Epona wasn't a character, she was a tool I drove up and down the Hylian fields with recharging carrots, thank you very much. Also, why the hell are there so many annoying ass characters in this list? XD

Funnily enough though, besides the eponymous three, I think some of my fave characters are enemies. Dark Link and the Dark Nut to name a couple.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Epona wasn't a character, she was a tool I drove up and down the Hylian fields with recharging carrots, thank you very much. Also, why the hell are there so many annoying ass characters in this list? XD

Funnily enough though, besides the eponymous three, I think some of my fave characters are enemies. Dark Link and the Dark Nuts to name a couple.
You really just spent your time whipping her? I don't imagine she appreciated that.
It's interesting what comes up on google when you put the word sexy in front of it. I do have to wonder what would have happened if I didn't have safe search on though.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Worgen said:
You really just spent your time whipping her? I don't imagine she appreciated that.
Oh no, don't worry. I abandoned her after a bit when I learned how to teleport everywhere. I'm a good owner.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
There are so many memorable characters in Zelda history...
What about Marin [http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Marin] (a.k.a. definitely-not dream Zelda)?
or the other Marin, I mean Malon [http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Malon] and her sister (vague sexual innuendos!)?
or the other other Marin, I mean Medli (brainy bird-beaked bard bairn)?
or Colin and his family (so darned cute!)? not to mention Malo, Talo, and Beth...
or Biggoron (just give me the blasted giant sword already!)?
or the Great Fairy/ies (even more vague sexual innuendos! ...this time from a giant, naked, floating chick with triangle boobs!)
or Valoo the Dragon? (freaking dragon! and only mythical guardian-beast to help you with more than just words of wisdom!)
or Manbo the Mambo Mambo(fish) and his awesome song, Manbo's Mambo!

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
Arguably the only characters missing from this list are Marin from Link's Awakening and Groose from Skyward Sword. And maaaaaybe Malon from OoT. Otherwise it's solid.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I kinda liked the owl. It's theme tune was my favourite and is fun to play also. Can i add the two witches? They had that potion shop in Majoras Mask with also an amazing catchy tune. The monkeys, monkey king? Gorons are kinda lovable too i think.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I would have given Valoo the Dragon from Wind Waker and Kafei from Majora's Mask spots but you're completely right about the moon, that thing gave me nightmares, though if Skullkid was the bridesmaid, why didn't they get a spot on the list? Skull kids are pretty well known throughout the LoZ games.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
The only thing that really bothered me is that Linebeck is so high. I mean, the guy who essentially was stuck on his boat until fairly late into the game, a handheld DS game, was more memorable than Midna, a character that the entire Twilight Princess was based around? That seems kinda weird. TP isn't even in my top 3, but I'll remember Midna long before fucking LINEBECK.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
(whitty name here) said:
The only thing that really bothered me is that Linebeck is so high. I mean, the guy who essentially was stuck on his boat until fairly late into the game, a handheld DS game, was more memorable than Midna, a character that the entire Twilight Princess was based around? That seems kinda weird. TP isn't even in my top 3, but I'll remember Midna long before fucking LINEBECK.
They state that the list is in no particular order.

Anywho, I'm really happy Linebeck was here, he's probably my favorite Zelda character. Kinda wish he was in Hyrule Warriors.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
No love for the weird bug collecting chick from twilight princess? That's fine by me.

I do not think of epona as an actual character, much in the same way I don't actually consider link much of a character: both are simply vehicles for the player to save the day.

And I'm totally not saying that just because epona outranked midna on the list. Not at all.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Midna (specifically the one woman walking apocalypse that is Princess Midna) is the entire reason I'm planning on getting Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS. I haven't even played Twilight Princess and I love her.