$10 on PSN- What do?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Well, just got a $50 PSN card to get a couple PSP games for my Vita, but due to me not knowing about a price change, I now have an extra $10. Sadly, the first few PSP games that came to mind either aren't on PSN (Crisis Core) or aren't available on Vita (Any Battlefront), and I don't know enough about any of the available games to make an informed decision....though it's only $10, so hey, big loss if the game kinda sucks.

So, my dear escapists, any games you can recommend? How are the PSP Armored Core games? How's Hoard on Vita? So far on my Vita I have Monster Hunter, FFT:War of the Lions, Tactics Ogre and Dissidia 012. If you can't think of anything, I have a PS3, too, so feel free to recommend something on that, I would just prefer more games I can play on an airplane, or while pooping.

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
Can you get Lord of Arcana on PSN? That's a pretty decent action-RPG, its like Monster Hunter but actually fun. It keeps the somewhat repetitive structure, so it's a good travel game, and there's a lot of quests to do and gear to obtain.

Or buy a bunch of PS1 classics. I recommend Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. :D

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Or I will fucking kill you be very displeased :D
Read his post. Vita.

OT: Well there's Megaman Maverick Hunter X but if you save up a bit more there's way more desirable options. The Ys games are both $15 and are great games and a lot of higher profile games are $20. They did not price most games even remotely right. Though I was thinking of getting the armored core games on it myself I didn't simply because when I asked your same question very few answered at all.

Dec 14, 2009
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

OT: Well there's Megaman Maverick Hunter X but if you save up a bit more there's way more desirable options. The Ys games are both $15 and are great games and a lot of higher profile games are $20. They did not price most games even remotely right. Though I was thinking of getting the armored core games on it myself I didn't simply because when I asked your same question very few answered at all.
Read the last sentence in his post.

PS3 too.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

PS3 too.
He said he wanted it preferably on Vita. I saw the PS3 part but still.

Dec 14, 2009
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

PS3 too.
Yup, but I couldn't think of anything for the Vita.

Your point? :D

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

PS3 too.

That basically was my point.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

I completely agree. Listen to this man. Isn't Journey $15, though?

Well, can't be too hard to find an extra fiver lying around.

Dec 14, 2009
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

PS3 too.

So your point was to tell me that he wanted games for Vita, even though in his post, the OP stated that PS3 suggestions were fine too?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Journey.

Get Journey.

Read his post. Vita.

PS3 too.

So your point was to tell me that he wanted games for Vita, even though in his post, the OP stated that PS3 suggestions were fine too?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...
You know what never mind I'll drop it. Let's just stop flooding his post with ours then.

pure.Wasted

Oct 12, 2011
Can Journey really be as good as everyone says? It's $15 for about 2 hours' worth of game, right? Is there... replay value?

I'm a little worried because the selling point seems to be the experience, but minimalistic experience type games (team ICO) don't have that good a track record with me.

Dec 14, 2009
pure.Wasted said:
Can Journey really be as good as everyone says? It's $15 for about 2 hours' worth of game, right? Is there... replay value?

I'm a little worried because the selling point seems to be the experience, but minimalistic experience type games (team ICO) don't have that good a track record with me.

OP: Trine? I'll get it as soon as I'm done with my other games. I've been meaning to, and now that Trine 2's out, it's a no brainer. :)
I can't guarantee you'll like it, nobody can.

But if you do like it, then I can gurantee it'll be one of the best gaming experiences you've ever had.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
pure.Wasted said:

Don't get it then. I didn't like Team ICO games and I don't care one bit for Journey. I beat Journey twice and was left wondering "where's the emotion at?". It was just boredom for me.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
ARRG!

If only you had $5 or $10 more dollars! Then you could've bought Disgaea 1 or 2. It's like Tactics Ogre on crack.

Eh, oh well.

Not really much in terms or Vita software, I'd stick to some PSOne Classics or maybe some PS2 classics. Maybe Sam & max if you like point-n-click adventures with a sense of humor.

Or get Journey, like Daystar suggested, he knows what he's talking about. (He convinced me to buy it, don't regret it one bit.)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
....I honestly didn't expect half of this thread to be arguing over semantics. I've missed you, Escapist. But yea, after a bit of googling, the AC games are all right out, you don't actually play them, you just customize the AC's and essentially watch them fight. No thanks. But yea, the selection for Vita, even including the PSP games that are backwards compatible (WNY NO BATTLEFRONT, WHY!?!?) is pretty depressing, even if I spent more than $10. Oh well, I'll probably just sit on it for now, or get some random thing on PS3 then. There's probably DLC I've missed for something.

Oh, and I played journey at a friend's house, I liked it, but I honestly have no desire to play/beat it again. A very "one and done" type game, seems to be Team Ico's forte.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Grey_Focks said:
....I honestly didn't expect half of this thread to be arguing over semantics. I've missed you, Escapist. But yea, after a bit of googling, the AC games are all right out, you don't actually play them, you just customize the AC's and essentially watch them fight. No thanks. But yea, the selection for Vita, even including the PSP games that are backwards compatible (WNY NO BATTLEFRONT, WHY!?!?) is pretty depressing, even if I spent more than $10. Oh well, I'll probably just sit on it for now, or get some random thing on PS3 then. There's probably DLC I've missed for something.

Oh, and I played journey at a friend's house, I liked it, but I honestly have no desire to play/beat it again. A very "one and done" type game, seems to be Team Ico's forte.
Sorry my fault. I would remove my posts if I could. Yeah it's current selection is absolutely pathetic. I heard when asking XSEED about one of their PSP games that Sony is still working on more backwards compatibility for PSP games right now since some of their games aren't on the Vita's PSN yet. How long they will take to add more they didn't know however.