10 year old girl Rapes 4 year old boy

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Hello Escapist's in todays news competing for the most Fucked up story this year In Texas a 10 year old girl has been charged with Raping a 4 year old boy and has spent 4 days in Harris County Juvenile Detention.This incident occurred when a woman spotted the girl outside playing with the boy penis so far not much information has been given due to the ages of the people involved.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/23224803/2013/08/21/10-year-old-charged-with-sexual-assauot

My Reaction to this event can be described as follows:
Discuss Below about what you thoughts on the matter are.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Er...she's been charged with sexual assault, not found guilty of rape, yes? And she was only charged 2 months after the complaint was raised.

Anyway, have to wait and see on this one.

Dec 14, 2009
Misleading title is misleading...

What do you do to a curious little girl? Charge her with sexual assault is what you do! That's sure to alleviate the issue with the least amount of stress on the child.

I'm not saying what she did was right, she should certainly be punished, but it should be in way she can understand and one that doesn't scar her for life.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

What do you do to a curious little girl? Charge her with sexual assault is what you do! That's sure to alleviate the issue with the least amount of stress on the child.

I'm not saying what she did was right, she should certainly be punished, but it should be in way she can understand and one that doesn't scar her for life.
This.

What she did was inappropriate but she was 9 years old, I seriously doubt it was sexually motivated or for the purposes of sexual gratification. She probably didnt understand the full implication of what she was actually doing.

She should be taught what is and isn't appropriate but inappropriate touching during a game of doctors doesn't really strike me as "aggravated sexual assault".

Edit: Given that this is the Escapist. Yes, I would think the same if it was a 9 year old boy.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Well you know misleading titles is how the Escapist's roles the professional Escapist news people do it all the time so why can't I :D.
Also the title comes from one of the quotes the people made "Quanell says, "I've never dealt with a child this young being accused of a crime. In fact this was nothing more than inappropriate horseplay that has now lead to a child that is ten years old being charged with aggravated rape."" so that where I got it from.

Dec 14, 2009
knight steel said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Well you know misleading titles is how the Escapist's roles the professional Escapist news people do it all the time so why can't I :D.
Also the title comes from one of the quotes the people made "Quanell says, "I've never dealt with a child this young being accused of a crime. In fact this was nothing more than inappropriate horseplay that has now lead to a child that is ten years old being charged with aggravated rape."" so that where I got it from.
I'll let you off, because I'm benevolent like that.

Don't do it again, or you will have to answer to the badgers, and believe me, they aren't as forgiving as I am.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I Love you Knight Steel your the best-So handsome,Brave and Smart-You're too good for me but.................will you marry me?
Why Yes Daystar It would be my honor to take you as my Blushing Bride ^_^.
But seriously I live In Australia do you really think a bunch of Badger can scare me?

Dec 14, 2009
knight steel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I Love you Knight Steel your the best-So handsome,Brave and Smart-You're too good for me but.................will you marry me?
Why Yes Daystar It would be my honor to take you as my Blushing Bride ^_^.
But seriously I live In Australia do you really think a bunch of Badger can scare me?

Do you think this is a motherfucking game?

I wouldn't aggravate the badger if I were you.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
I...think I need to start breeding goodgers just to be safe.

On topic though, well, that's, uh...a bizarre case. I mean, getting arrested for playing doctors, sheesh. I mean, where's Aldous Huxley when you need him?

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Vegosiux said:
Daystar Clarion said:

On topic though, well, that's, uh...a bizarre case. I mean, getting arrested for playing doctors, sheesh. I mean, where's Aldous Huxley when you need him?
Just curious I'm named after Aldous Huxley so I have to ask-what's his relation to this story?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
knight steel said:
Vegosiux said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Just curious I'm named after Aldous Huxley so I have to ask-what's his relation to this story?
In Brave New World, kids having sex at the age of 7 is considered late. Was making a reference because I didn't know what else to say >.>

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
Wait, can you even charge a 9 year old?
At least in Sweden you have to be 15 to be charged with anything.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Are you serious? I've heard plenty of stories about younguns investigating the other gender, just kids being curious.

How can it be sexual assault? Sexual assault is attacking somebody for sexual gain (well, that's how I've always thought of it) ... This is just "hey, what you got? That's different than mine!".

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Towels said:
Ok, WTF? Did the Escapist turn into SomethingAwful.com?
We get these "look at this fucked up thing I just read" threads every now and then. Some give better food for thought than others. Personally the title in this one is a bit misleading, a bit too yellowy.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, I don't even know what to say to this. Sexual assault? If the girl was in her mid-teens, maybe I could vaguely believe that... but a ten-year-old girl isn't likely to be thinking "I'm going to have my way with this little boy and he can't stop me"; she'd likely be thinking "he has one of these things and I don't; how does it even work?". Even the Puritans would be shaking their heads in disbelief in how paranoid this country has gotten about sexuality.

Also, good job, MyFoxHouston- your article is rife with misspellings and bad grammar.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
This.

What she did was inappropriate but she was 9 years old, I seriously doubt it was sexually motivated or for the purposes of sexual gratification. She probably didnt understand the full implication of what she was actually doing.

She should be taught what is and isn't appropriate but inappropriate touching during a game of doctors doesn't really strike me as "aggravated sexual assault".

Edit: Given that this is the Escapist. Yes, I would think the same if it was a 9 year old boy.
Several things:

- Crimes can't be punished only if the active part "understand the full implication of her action", you seem to be suggesting otherwise. Of course the punishment can't be equal on a manslaughter or a murder for example, but both are crimes and bot are punished.

- A woman can have sexual desire and is perfectly capable of feeling it's pleasure since the endocrine system kicks in to release the appropriate neurotransmitters. It is debated when it precisely happens, but most sources indicate at the latest it starts with menstruation, which a 9yo is perfectly capable of so it is quite likely it was sexually motivated.

US does seem to be in need of a legislation over this, not the first case and won't be the last, but I disagree with those parts of your post.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I would consider 9 and 4 to still be within the norm for "playing doctor," something that the cops shouldn't even be informed about unless there is evidence of real force or malice being used.

I got caught fooling around with a friend and relative when I was 6 or 7, and got grounded for two weeks (the friend got one week, the relative nothing, probably because she was female). My first kiss was with a girl a couple years older than me (I want to say that I was 5 and she was 8). Police involvement in either of these would have had some EXTREME negative consequences for at least one of the parties, and should be avoided where possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_doctor

Nine may seem like it's pushing it, but think of how many literally millions of American children have absolutely no understanding of their bodies and gender. She could easily have been experimenting like normal five or six year olds.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
While this may indeed be an incident of kids just being kids, I have to wonder if the sheer amount of over-sexualization of our media didn't have some impact on her behavior.