Skyrim Map Gets DLC

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Skyrim Map Gets DLC

Yes, you read that right.

Skyrim is a pretty big place, and to successfully explore its icy reaches you're going to need a map. Admittedly, yes, the game does in fact come with a map, one you can access at the touch of a button, but what if it isn't detailed enough? Well, then you go and type "Skyrim map" into Google.

Or you could buy the official Skyrim Map app for iOS. Made by strategy guide publisher, Prima games, the app charts the entire province of Skyrim, with each of the nine largest cities marked for free. Assuming you want directions to something a little more esoteric than "that giant, horizon-filling metropolis that's already marked on your in-game map" you'll have to spend a little money. It costs $0.99 cents to unlock sets of locations, such as the dragon mounds you can see in the screenshot there.

The map comes with over 160 interior maps, a search function and the ability to zoom in as far as 3200%, so you can pretend to be a tiny meteor hurtling towards Belethor's shop. [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Belethor] The app is only available in the US. I know, I'm disappointed too.

Source: Bethblog [http://www.bethblog.com/2012/02/20/now-on-itunes-skyrim-interactive-map-app/]

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
I...I don't...not quite sure...the use...google...wha?
I seriously can't see this app being brought for any reason except people who blindly buy anything relating to Skyrim regardless of utility.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
At first I thought this was for Skyrim ingame. Bethesda is going into the micro-transaction business? Smart move, business wise, jerk move, PR wise.

OT: If idiots buy the Skyrim guide/walkthrough book, they'll probably buy this. I'll stick to the wikia, thanks.

Also, change the title, its a little misleading...( Maybe Skyrim map app gets DLC? )

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Now why would I bother with this when soon enough, uesp.net will have a Google-powered map for Skyrim just like other ones. And in the meantime, I can type in location names, or use other maps.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Absolute waste of money. People have, and will make and host maps for their favourite games for free.

JuliusMagnus

Mar 23, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
Absolute waste of money. People have, and will make and host maps for their favourite games for free.
'Make'?

Surely you jest. I think you meant 'pirate' the game map.

On a serious note, if you have Google Chrome you can go to the app store and there you can already find a free Skyrim map. It has some mistakes but with a game that has hundreds of locations that's to be expected.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
The things people will buy...

Seraj said:
Also, change the title, its a little misleading...( Maybe Skyrim map app gets DLC? )
Or possibly "Skyrim map gets an app".

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Wait wait wait...the internet? Have the people buying this app heard of that little thing we use daily? IT defies logic to purchase this app. You can get all the information you need online, and completely free. Why would anybody bother spending money on this?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Or you could just download a picture showing you all the locations on your PC for free.
YAAAAY LOGIC.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Azuaron said:
The things people will buy...

Seraj said:
Or possibly "Skyrim map gets an app".
Indeed, I went into this expecting something completely different.

Either way, for shame devs!

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
OR... you can just download one of the 12 mods that already do the same thing IN GAME.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
I know how you can get the locations for free...

It's a simple Hack that shows you everything Skyrim has...

You open your web-browser... then go to this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Skyrim+maps+with+all+Locations

Copy-paste that to the adress bar. It's a neat trick if you ask me. xD

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Why would you buy this? Most quest locations show up on the map, you just have to go to them, and for specific loot, just use the internet to find them. This is almost as bad as horse armor

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Between the wiki and the more detailed in-game map mod, why the hell would anyone pay money for this?