PAX East 2012 Cosplay Gallery

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
PAX East 2012 Cosplay Gallery

A smattering of the best costumes we saw at PAX East 2012.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
#23 isn't just some lolita chick; it's Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou! Look at the hair colour! The crescent head ornament! The bows! The colour scheme!

Well, kinda. The outfit's pretty different. Patchouli's regular outfit would not only be hard to make but extremely hot (as in temperature) and impractical; she usually spends her time in really thick and baggy pyjamas. However, the defining features are still there in the cosplay (crescent, colours, bows, etc).

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
supersupersuperguy said:
#23 isn't just some lolita chick; it's Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou! Look at the hair colour! The crescent head ornament! The bows! The colour scheme!

Well, kinda. The outfit's pretty different. Patchouli's regular outfit would not only be hard to make but extremely hot (as in temperature) and impractical; she usually spends her time in really thick and baggy pyjamas. However, the defining features are still there in the cosplay (crescent, colours, bows, etc).

So I wasn't the only one who caught that? I can see how they didn't get it, it's a pretty obscure reference.

Anyway, I praise that girl for dressing up as my favourite Touhou character, though I wish she had spent some more time on her costume. A fully complete Patchouli costume would be awesome.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Man, my friend PolarisNova is going to be mad when she sees someone ripped off her Guild Wars 2 cosplay... (#1)

Still, very well done. I can't believe I never saw it there... the rest I saw though, and they were awesome.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
The Mordin costume is awesome! Makes me want to put together a Krogan costume - sadly, I haven't the skills to make a decent one.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
supersupersuperguy said:

Thanks for the tip! I edited the post to reflect your guess.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
2xDouble said:
Man, my friend PolarisNova is going to be mad when she sees someone ripped off her Guild Wars 2 cosplay... (#1)

Still, very well done.
What character is she from Guild Wars 2? The one in the picture, not your friend, I mean. We were trying to figure that one out for a long while.

Greg

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Greg Tito said:
2xDouble said:

Still, very well done.
What character is she from Guild Wars 2? The one in the picture, not your friend, I mean. We were trying to figure that one out for a long while.

Greg
Not any particular character (as far as I know), but that costume is the "Shining Blade" armor set: a signature high-level armor for Mesmers (also wearable by other light-armor wearers).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Armor_05_concept_art_(Shining_Blade_female).jpg

Yogscast shows it off [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W-YKm20rPQY#t=49s] (in Pink)

EDIT: wow, I do tend to ramble, don't I? You can just call her a Mesmer or a Shining Blade. (or a Shining Blade Mesmer, if that catches your fancy. heh.)

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Greg Tito said:
supersupersuperguy said:

Thanks for the tip! I edited the post to reflect your guess.
No problem! I'm a huge Touhou fanboy, so I though that I should share. Glad I could help!

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
oh picture number

You just became my project for this years Halloween costume because you are a genius.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Stekepanne5 said:
Anyway, I praise that girl for dressing up as my favourite Touhou character, though I wish she had spent some more time on her costume. A fully complete Patchouli costume would be awesome.
Yeah, Patchy in full costume would be amazing, but for now I'm just gonna be happy it's not a freakin' GUY in the outfit. If I see another dude dressed as Yukari or something I'm gonna brick someone.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Formica Archonis said:
Stekepanne5 said:
Yeah, Patchy in full costume would be amazing, but for now I'm just gonna be happy it's not a freakin' GUY in the outfit. If I see another dude dressed as Yukari or something I'm gonna brick someone.
The horror.... The horror....
But when you've seen a Japanese kickboxer enter the ring as Marisa, with eight men dressed as other female Touhou characters dancing around him, you suddenly don't think a thirty year old male Reimu is as bad.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Aww... I'm, sad that you missed Solid Snake in his box! That was my fave for the whole weekend!

Still, great pics! I didn't think I missed so many great costumes!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
Zombie Dovahkiin? Nice. Always love seeing the creativity people mesh into a working costume.
You should have seen the knight with an arrow in his knee. Hilarious.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
The Patchouli one is the best. I was surprised, I didn't expect Touhou cosplay, though I really wanted to see some.

knight4light

Jun 24, 2011
i remember the last cosplay slideshow had ryze and the poster didnt know a thing about league of legends. said something along the lines of. "this is someone from league of legends" or something like that. and now... league.. league everywhere!! i love it!!!