Ratchet and Clank Returning in Full Frontal Assault

asherdeus

Apr 23, 2012
Ratchet and Clank Returning in Full Frontal Assault

Insomniac Games takes the series back to a "classic feel" while adding online play.

Ratchet and Clank have been a staple of Sony's gaming library for a decade, and in celebration of the milestone, Insomniac Games has plans to re-release the heroes' first three adventures as part of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. But that's old news, and you already knew that. The new news is that the collection will now include Insomniac will be releasing Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, an all-new adventure for the duo.

Insomniac's President and CEO Ted Price shared only a few details when revealing the title, promising fans that it would return "to the series' classic feel, camera, controls and weapons, while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play." Full Frontal Assault will also feature online play, though no details on the mode were provided.

Full Frontal Assault will be available for download via PSN, though no price has been announced. The European version of Full Frontal Assault, titled Ratchet & Clank: QForce!, will be available via PSN or as a disc-based release this autumn, when the game launches in both territories.

Sources: European PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/30/ratchet-clank-full-frontal-assault-coming-to-psn-this-fall/]

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
I guess this is the surprise Insomniac was talking about being in the collection. Given that it'll be available for download, I'm guessing it's a smaller title like Quest for Booty. I just hope they move on with the plot.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
The new news is that the collection will now include Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, an all-new adventure for the duo.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The European version of Full Frontal Assault, titled Ratchet & Clank: QForce!, will not be included in the collection.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The reason I bought a PS3 is because the Ratchett and Clank games looked a lot of fun and I wasn't disappointed so more games, no matter how I have to get my hands on them, is good news.

asherdeus

Apr 23, 2012
Stilkon said:
I guess this is the surprise Insomniac was talking about being in the collection. Given that it'll be available for download, I'm guessing it's a smaller title like Quest for Booty. I just hope they move on with the plot.
I personally was hoping it was Deadlocked, which is one of my favorite entries, or Secret Agent Clank, which I never was able to play because I didn't have a PSP. But a brand-new game is awesome and I won't complain.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
The hell? Do the Europeans have something against double-entendres? Almost all of the Ratchet and Clank games have had double-entendre subtitles! "Going Commando" "Up Your Arseenal" (We'll ignore Deadlocked and Tools of Destruction) and the latest one was even going to be called Clock Blockers, but it was too obvious so Sony made them change the name to "A Crack in Time." I'm seriously wondering why the hell the title was changed over there...

Edit: Also, I just got the newsletter-e-mail from Insomniac about an hour after you posted this... you guys must be fast writers or something.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Am I the only one who giggled at "Full Frontal Assault"? Not that some of the other titles haven't been giggle worthy, mind, I just applaud the old tradition of slipping in sex humour into children's titles. Reminds me of Looney Tunes...good times.

Also, Whooo! More Ratchet and Clank! Yay!

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Classic feel? I played 1 extensively, beat the first future game and pirate downloadable. I also played the demos for commando, all 4 one, crack in time, and 2.

That isn't as much playtime as it could be but please, Someone tell me where I missed the difference between all of these.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I have a feeling this is going to be their apology for All 4 One being so bad/meh lol. I have nothing against them trying new things, but All 4 One just didn't work at all.

If that's the case, I'll forgive you once I see gameplay.

asherdeus

Apr 23, 2012
Stilkon said:
Plinglebob said:
The new news is that the collection will now include Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, an all-new adventure for the duo.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The European version of Full Frontal Assault, titled Ratchet & Clank: QForce!, will not be included in the collection.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The reason I bought a PS3 is because the Ratchett and Clank games looked a lot of fun and I wasn't disappointed so more games, no matter how I have to get my hands on them, is good news.
I wanted to let you know that I've updated this. I misread the announcement on the official blog - mistook "anniversary celebration" as "anniversary collection" - and it turns out that this isn't part of the collection. You have my apologies for my mistake.

Avery

May 5, 2012
I'm all for it. Ratchet & Clank is practically my favorite series of games. All 4 One wasn't all that good, But if this is a return to form, I know it'll be great at best and decent at worst.

Iszfury

Oct 25, 2011
I'm wondering exactly what factors brought them to the title.
It seems off. Mildly. In a subtlety perverse kind of way.

Otherwise, I'm loving it!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
YES! I was waiting for what the surprise would be. Totally getting this. Now if we could only get a Billy Hatcher port....

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
asherdeus said:
I personally was hoping it was Deadlocked, which is one of my favorite entries, or Secret Agent Clank, which I never was able to play because I didn't have a PSP. But a brand-new game is awesome and I won't complain.
B-but Secret Agent Clank WAS released for the PS2! Along with Size Matters! D:

OT: I really hope this new game feels like the original R&C game. All 4 One was good...but I felt like it was babying me too much. That is, the difficulty curve was just not there and the game kept reminding me how to play every 5 seconds. It just felt...easier. I don't think it's because I'm better now than when I played the first R&C because Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time were good.

Anyway, I digress. I hope this new entry goes back to its roots.

asherdeus

Apr 23, 2012
Beautiful End said:
asherdeus said:
B-but Secret Agent Clank WAS released for the PS2! Along with Size Matters! D:
I forgot those games came out on the PS2. Alas, I traded in my PS2 toward an Xbox 360 when that system launched, long before either of those releases.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Lancer873 said:
The hell? Do the Europeans have something against double-entendres? Almost all of the Ratchet and Clank games have had double-entendre subtitles! "Going Commando" "Up Your Arseenal" (We'll ignore Deadlocked and Tools of Destruction) and the latest one was even going to be called Clock Blockers, but it was too obvious so Sony made them change the name to "A Crack in Time." I'm seriously wondering why the hell the title was changed over there...

Edit: Also, I just got the newsletter-e-mail from Insomniac about an hour after you posted this... you guys must be fast writers or something.
Out in Europe, Deadlocked is called "Gladiator". I think the High-Impact and "Future" titles had the same name everywhere, though.

I have no idea how there's anything wrong with that phrase (or "Full-Frontal Assault", for that matter), and I think it should stay that way. Anywho... I believe they actually said it was originally going to be called "Clockstoppers". Guess someone figured making another spoof name out of "A Wrinkle in Time" sounded better, and, indeed it does. And, for all I know, it might've even conflicted with the film, Clockstoppers.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Lugbzurg said:
Lancer873 said:

Out in Europe, Deadlocked is called "Gladiator". I think the High-Impact and "Future" titles had the same name everywhere, though.

I have no idea how there's anything wrong with that phrase (or "Full-Frontal Assault", for that matter), and I think it should stay that way. Anywho... I believe they actually said it was originally going to be called "Clockstoppers". Guess someone figured making another spoof name out of "A Wrinkle in Time" sounded better, and, indeed it does. And, for all I know, it might've even conflicted with the film, Clockstoppers.
._. They changed Deadlocked? Now I'm quite confused. (As for "Full-Frontal Assault" it seems pretty easy to turn into a double-entendre for me... but whatever)
I guess I'm looking too closely at why these titles are getting changed. Whatever.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I will never ever get sick of the new innuendos they come up with. I thought they'd hit the ceiling with Up Your Arsenal but they still get gold like Size Matters and Full Frontal Assault and Big Floppy Dicks. Geniuses.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
can we have a not hd package? i mean, the games still look excellent and i'd like to be able to fit like, all of them, on one disc. that would rock.