Buy Your Own Telepathic Cat Ears Right Now

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
Buy Your Own Telepathic Cat Ears Right Now

Japanese brain-controlled cat ears have invaded the US.

Generally speaking, animals get all the cool abilities. Gills, bioluminescence, and metamorphosis are just some of the natural perks animals have that make our tool- and language-using abilities look like chumps. Even other land-based mammals, like horses and cats, get those cool rotating ears that can communicate their mood. Last year biosensor company NeuroSky narrowed the gap a little with its set of mechanical cat ears that respond to your mind [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110830-Japanese-Inventors-Create-Mechanical-Telepathic-Anime-Cat-Ears], but sadly the magic was limited to Japan - until now. Starting today, anyone in the US can pick up a set of Necomimi cat ears for the low, low price of $99.95.

Eager purchasers can obtain the ears from NeuroSky directly [http://store.necomimi.com/] or from selected online and brick-and-mortar retailers. The ears will be popping up in a variety of shops, from science museums to Anime- and fantasy-themed hobby stores. Those lucky bastards at Comic-Con - where the Necomimi was unveiled today - get first shot at trying on and buying the ears for themselves.

The ears work using an external neurosensor, which looks a bit like a mic for your brain. The sensor rests somewhat conspicuously on your forehead, then detects your brainwaves via electrical impulses, and possibly also voodoo. There are two basic emotions that the ears respond to; they perk up when the user is excited and droop when they're relaxed. If the wearer is particularly excited or especially relaxed, the ears wiggle. This partly reflects the ways cats' ears move based on their mood, and partly is just adorable. Or weird, depending on your perspective.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
So wasting a 100$ on a machine that shows my emotion when people can just look at my face?no.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Only Japan would go this far to lessen the gap between humans and cats.

Which im all for, i wonder what colours theyre available in...

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I wonder if I can get my friends to wear these whilst playing poker.

OT: I'm sure the furrys are happy at least.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
If the ears were a little cuter I would say gimmie >.<

Also i would prefer black

Jorec

Jul 7, 2010
That just sounds really silly. Although it makes me wonder if later versions will be able to make the ears flatten when angry or agitated.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
...I kind of want these. I really dislike nekos, but I still kind of want these for some reason :/

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
ruedyn said:
I wonder if I can get my friends to wear these whilst playing poker.

OT: I'm sure the furrys are happy at least.
Oh, we are happy alright. So very happy...

Ness... Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness Ness, I feel happy...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder if they'll make a Halloween cat ear bone model and call it the Necromimi.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
If they could make either Bat,Bear or Dog/Wolf ears then I would maybe consider buying these things.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
saintdane05 said:
My fursuit shall soon be complete.
Eeh, they look a bit off for a fursuit. They just...look wrong. Maybe if there were some side shots that gave a better look at the overall shape, but...

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I want those... I could use them as a base for my feeling-controlled death ray. Keep me happy or fear my death ray!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
gigastar said:
Only Japan would go this far to lessen the gap between humans and cats.

Which im all for, i wonder what colours theyre available in...
Looks like it's just white...I kind of wanted to get black but...unsure if I can patiently wait when those are available now...As much as I want a pair of these I can't silence that little voice that tells me I could spend the same amount of money of other things that would potentially last me longer...but those are still going on my mental wish-list.