Buy Your Own Telepathic Cat Ears Right Now

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Uh, guys? Welcome to a month ago. It's not "just starting today". http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ryOzRALQRT35NxagMf/browse/item/95256/4/0/0

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I, uh. I kinda want one...
Should I hand in my man-badge anywhere specific, or would you rather I destroy it?

RowRowFightThePowah

Oct 21, 2008
Lies and slander! "starting today" I saw these exact same things at Fanimecon in San Jose not 2 months ago. They actually work surprisingly well. I was watching a guy read a dinner menu with them on and as he somewhat read aloud the options the ears actually perked up when he read dishes he was interested versus drooped on others.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Oh hell yeah!

I wanted to get a pair for my wife, but to buy them from Japan cost 250 dollars.

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
Eri said:
Uh, guys? Welcome to a month ago. It's not "just starting today". http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ryOzRALQRT35NxagMf/browse/item/95256/4/0/0
NeuroSky specifically stated that today was the official launch date for the Necomimi. I'm not sure why that site lists the product date as being so early - the site may be importing the product, it may have gotten stock early and just decided to sell before the 'official' launch date, or NeuroSky itself may have decided to do a soft launch a few weeks before the unveiling at Comic-Con. Since the product's been out for about a year in Japan, it's a bit hard to tell.

RowRowFightThePowah said:
Lies and slander! "starting today" I saw these exact same things at Fanimecon in San Jose not 2 months ago. They actually work surprisingly well. I was watching a guy read a dinner menu with them on and as he somewhat read aloud the options the ears actually perked up when he read dishes he was interested versus drooped on others.
If you just saw people wearing them, they probably imported them from Japan - they've been out for some time, this is just their launch in the US.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
With $100 price tag I cant afford them, that's a shame(not really).

Hey, wasn't there a mind-controlled platformer or something a couple of years back at E3?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
If you really really like cat girls...

Also, I expected telepathy and psychic powers and I was lied to. This reads electrical brain impulses!

I'd like to see more commercial products that use this kind of mind sensing technology. It's a really interesting idea and I imagine it probably has more applications then mood ears.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
If I had a girlfriend I'd buy her a pair. Then maybe I'd buy myself a pair. Would make cuddling so much cuter with the ears moving.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Furries disturb me. While ears are cute, dressing up in a suit and being aroused by anything not directly related to your own species is quite... queer, to me.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
I'll have to keep these things in mind for when I have some spare cash floating around, totally want a set ^_^ But would it be weird to ask for some for a Winter Festival present from friends/family?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Seems like the worst possible implementation of magic brain sensor technology. Predator arm lazers - that's what it should be used for.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
'Why are you wearing those cat ears?'

'Oh! Well they read my brain and tell people my mood!'

'You mean like your face already does for free? How much did they cost?'

'Oh...erm....$100.'

'Ouch. Hey look, they've drooped!'

I guess they'd be alright as a novelty present, but at $100? There are much better things to spend $100 on.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
What if we cobine this with the upcoming google glasses and create an emotion sensor to see other people's emotions, like the Solid eye in MGS4!?!

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
CURSES!

My plans for world domination have once again been foiled by lack of availability in my region!

Edit:
Clearing the Eye said:
Furries disturb me. While ears are cute, dressing up in a suit and being aroused by anything not directly related to your own species is quite... queer, to me.
Your avatar is quite queer, sir!

Also, most furries aren't aroused by animals, at all. They just like dressing up as one. And even if they are...they're humanoid animals. Where's the harm in that? It's a human in a suit, not a random animal.
I'm not a furry. Although, like you seem to be, I am for cute ears.