Metal Gear Solid

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Jesus Christ...I think I get it. Snake shaking people down for items, I guess?

This is not my favourite one of yours, dudes, and I'm a huge player of Metal Gear. Just gonna say that and let the inevitable shit storm run it's course.

Hell no would I even let Calumon NEAR this. Uh uh. No way.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Oddly enough i find that more humane than what some people will do to shut thier babies up.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh I felt bad for laughing at that. Surprised I didn't see the trademark "!" with it though.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
idodo35 said:
wow man that was really dark... and not that funny...
Pretty much this.

I can see where you were going, but for a set up THAT dark you need a better punchline. Something people can't help but chuckle at, then feel bad for doing so. Snake killing his child, then crying over the items gotten from the corpse just doesn't do it.

Dark humor kind of carries the requirement of actually being funny. This is just needlessly dark.

Can we please go back to Erin's delusions now? Those are reliably interesting even when they're not being funny.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Should have been Big Boss. It might have been funny if the baby got eaten.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Krantos said:
idodo35 said:
Pretty much this.

I can see where you were going, but for a set up THAT dark you need a better punchline. Something people can't help but chuckle at, then feel bad for doing so. Snake killing his child, then crying over the items gotten from the corpse just doesn't do it.

Dark humor kind of carries the requirement of actually being funny. This is just needlessly dark.

Can we please go back to Erin's delusions now? Those are reliably interesting even when they're not being funny.
I thought the same thing at first but one of the facebook comments reminded me you only get items from people if you knock them unconscious not actually kill them so he's just a bad father not a monster... or at least not as much of one.
Edit: but if it is like MGS then the baby may have "disappeared"[/].

BattleAxeInc

May 10, 2009
So is the punchline that he only knows how to choke, or that he killed the baby because he fears patricide? I disagree with the reading that it was to get items. Help me out here.

Jack and Calumon said:
I'm a huge player of Metal Gear.
I too play Metal Gear and am very large.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
BattleAxeInc said:
Jack and Calumon said:
I'm a huge player of Metal Gear.
I too play Metal Gear and am very large.
That made me laugh more than it should have. Well done.

I'm not that large, though, I mean I can see my toes still.

Calumon: Not if you keep eating that cake, you won't.

Jack: SHUT UP! IT'S FRUIT CAKE! IT'S HEALTHY!

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Krantos said:
idodo35 said:
Pretty much this.

I agree that was poorly thought out strip and they need to go back to Erin now.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Mokuren said:
... Huh.

Yeah.

Well, this strip really was a critical miss.
ZING!

Yeah, I gave it a half-smirk. That's about it.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I object to this comic! Snake is sterile.

Lucane said:
Krantos said:
idodo35 said:
Pretty much this.

I thought the same thing at first but one of the facebook comments reminded me you only get items from people if you knock them unconscious not actually kill them so he's just a bad father not a monster... or at least not as much of one.
Edit: but if it is like MGS then the baby may have "disappeared"[/].

No that's not true. You can get items from dead guards. Dogtags require you to hold-up guards and have them shake them off while conscious, but there is one boss that you can get a dogtag from while dead, so even that isn't wrong.