The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: Tom

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: Tom

It's time to wrap up 2008 and Tom Endo is here with his five favorite games of the past year.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Clear Sky - not as good as ShoC, but an amazing game nevertheless, and I'm glad to see it at the top of your list!

PS: get out of here STALKER

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I have to say that Stalker is one of the few games that tempts me to get me back into PC gaming, however I just need a few more games like that before I take the plunge.

Nice to see LBP finishing highly again.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Anybody who puts S.T.A.L.K.E.R clear sky in his #1 of this year deserves a hug :)

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Now we know...

Tom Endo likes hard immersive games.
You could rephrase that to sound utterly filthy :)

Some interesting choices there Mr. Endo!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Now we know...

Tom Endo likes hard immersive games.
You could rephrase that to sound utterly filthy :)

Some interesting choices there Mr. Endo!
Wow, you really could...

I never think of these possiblities when I write these things. Damn my foolishness.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
A fascinating list. I've only played two of the games listed, though I did play the original STALKER. STALKER seemed like one of those games that I would like, but it never did grab me enough to keep playing, and given my limited amount of time and preference for large, social games these days, I never got back to it.

GTA IV did strike me in a similar fashion as the author noted, in that it seemed like it promised the moon and stars, and when I sat down to play it, I had a nagging sensation that it was less fun than the previous three entries. However, I do intend to get back to it, at some point, when I feel like diving into a single-player game again.

LBP is on my list of games to get when I actually do decide to pick up a PS3. The number of compelling games for the PS3 has grown, but with a PC, a 360, a PS 2 and a Wii, it's difficult to justify trying to wedge another console into my mental space, or the physical space of my entertainment system, for that matter.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, having only actually played one of these games (GTA IV), there's not really much I can comment on here. Can't say that game really disappointed me in any way though (apart from maybe the multiplayer though perhaps I just didn't dabble in it enough).

So, I'm sure the other 4 choices were worthy of inclusion as well, even though I couldn't tell, having never played them... :)

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
I like it how Sins of a Solar Empire has become quite well known and even popular. I like that. Go Stardock!

On the other hand, Sword of the Stars could use a little bit of attention as well. It's a 4X/ Total War hybrid.. In space.