The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: Tom

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Powas said:
Man, you should play S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC :]
I actually have. In some ways I feel that it is a stronger game, but Clear Sky has this breathtaking sense of place that fulfills a lot of what the first game was aiming for.

Satki

Dec 29, 2007
tendo82 said:
Powas said:
I actually have. In some ways I feel that it is a stronger game, but Clear Sky has this breathtaking sense of place that fulfills a lot of what the first game was aiming for.
And it didn't come out in 2008...:)

Powas

Dec 18, 2008
tendo82 said:
Powas said:
I agree, just found the whole storyline of Clear Sky kinda crappy, at first it's not bad but later it get's so stupid. The second thing I don't like is the unexplained stuff like "Why did Freedom and Duty change their base in SoC" etc (not very important but hey I'm from Europe). And the interface, I think it was better in SoC (probably because it was my first S.T.A.L.K.E.R). And let's come to the biggest mistake (imho) in CS and that was the faction war/take - defend posts, it just doesn't fit in single player. Now the thing I love is the whole shooting thing, this time it's even more realistic than in SoC, you can't be the hero and that's a big plus.
Overall it's a great game. "Good hunting stalker" :]
I can't believe you chose it as the number 1 game of 2008. Respect. :} I rarely meet people that love these kind of games.