Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC Priced at $15

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC Priced at $15

A single-player refresher course in Aria's "one rule" launching on November 27.

While Mass Effect 3 did what most people would argue is a good or satisfactory job of resolving its numerous sideplots and character dilemmas (let's all be friends, now), one character the game left conspicuously quiet was Aria T'Loak, an asari gangster who ran the Omega space station until Cerberus stole it from her. Now, according to Eurogamer, BioWare is set to release a giant hunk of DLC that tells the story of Shepard and Aria heading back to Omega to set things straight.

Due for launch on November 27 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and around one day later for European PS3 owners), the Omega DLC will cost players 1200 Microsoft Points, $15, or about £10. According to BioWare developer Mike Gamble, the DLC is "double the size" of any other Mass Effect 3 single-player DLC released to date. (Since it couldn't be double the file size of the massive Extended Cut without making consoles cry and breaking the maximum download limit on the Xbox 360, it's pretty safe to assume that Gamble is talking about gameplay length.)

The DLC will follow on from the story of the Mass Effect: Invasion prequel comics, with General Petrovsky himself apparently making an appearance on the Omega station. "New enemies," specifically the Cerebus Dragoon from the Retaliation multiplayer pack, will also be in attendance.

Interestingly, according to Eurogamer's report, the DLC will also see the introduction of the series' first-ever visible female turian. Whether she'll just look like Garrus in drag or not remains to be seen, but regardless, her inclusion should make an interesting departure from the usual suspiciously-one-hundred-percent-male turian species. With that in mind (and because it's almost the weekend), I'd like open the thread, if I may, to hastily-drawn examples of what the Escapist hivemind imagines a lady turian to look like. They won't be terrifying or anything, right? Right?

Mass Effect 3: Omega will launch for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on November 27 2012.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-date-for-mass-effect-3s-omega-dlc-the-biggest-and-most-expensive-yet]

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'll be kind of disappointed if female turians don't just look like males except with exaggeratedly long eyelashes and a bunch of eyeliner and lipstick.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
>$15

tpphht ahahahahahah ahahahahahaahahahahaahah *inhale* aaaaahahahahahaha.

Oh wait, you were serious? let me laugh harder.

Seriously though, i'd care except, y'know. THAT ENDING.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
For some reason I still suspect that the gameplay length will be short despite file size as you stated, but we'll see when it comes out.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
And in the grand scheme of things, nothing will change, so what's the bloody point?

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
AHAHAHAHAAA!
OH Wait you are being serious!?
LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER!

BWAHAHAHAHAH EHHHAHAHAHAH!

Oh fuck off EA no one cares about Mass Reject 3 anymore.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
When Steam is willing to sell me AAA games that are only a year old for $15, I have problems paying $15 for a single DLC pack.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Can not wait to play it.
A female Turian is interesting, hope they do not really screw it up.
I loved every game and every DLC they released so I will enjoy this as well.
To bad it is still so far away

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
sounds good. lets hope its really long. still havent read these comics yet. only read the first one which was included in the CE.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I'll watch for a let's play and just watch the stupid thing online. Sorry, EA, I'm not spending more money on you. If it was $5 and I was doing another playthrough... maybe. But $15? No chance in hell.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
For 15 bucks it had better be longer than 2 hours, or it should include an additional crew member or something substantial like that. Though even if it did, it'd be hard for me to care enough to want to get it. I've still yet to get the Leviathan DLC. Not out of any objection or anything, I just don't care that much about ME3 anymore.

And on a side note: I hope the female turians look better than the one from the comic series.

Something about removing the fringe just makes then look less like awesome badass reptile-bird soldiers and more like something the Grey Wardens would fight.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I would love to play it....when it drops in price.
I haven't even bought for the character DLC yet because I'm being cheap and that was probably worth more for the overall experience that this DLC will be.

Maybe I'll just wait....unless someone is willing to give up 2000 points...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I just assumed female Turians were outwardly identical to male Turians. Like the Salarians are, you'd never know the Salarian Dalatrass and Councillor were female unless they were constantly referred to as such.

Stupid Bioware, there was space for a fantastic gag about a husky Turian soldier conversing with an Alliance trooper.

So what do Turian girls look like?
Well, like me.
Wait, so they look the same as all the males?
No, I AM a female,
...uh...
You mean you can't tell us apart?
...uh...
But we look completely different!
Well I uh
We don't even sound the same!
...uh...sorry?
That's ok, we were warned about this back on Palaven... I thought it was a joke but...

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
I just assumed female Turians were outwardly identical to male Turians. Like the Salarians are, you'd never know the Salarian Dalatrass and Councillor were female unless they were constantly referred to as such.

Stupid Bioware, there was space for a fantastic gag about a husky Turian soldier conversing with an Alliance trooper.

So what do Turian girls look like?
Well, like me.
Wait, so they look the same as all the males?
No, I AM a female,
...uh...
You mean you can't tell us apart?
...uh...
That's ok, we were warned about this back on Palaven...
Okay, yeah, that was a HUGE missed opportunity (although it would have raised uncomfortable questions about Garrus...).

Anyway, to counteract the negativity hanging around this thread (and, well, anything ME related these days): Count me IN. I loved Leviathan, and I'm looking forward to Omega.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
I'm guessing that they really do look a whole lot like male Turians. If you follow the pattern for birds of prey, they will be a little larger and scarier (since raptors are about the only animals that have females as the physically more impressive individuals). I doubt that will happen, though, because human tropes, so they will probably end up smaller and with fewer "accessories" like a long fringe or big mandibles or something.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
This actually sounds mildly interesting, but I'm still not buying. Not for a while, at least.