Rockstar Drops a Handful of New GTA V Screens

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Rockstar Drops a Handful of New GTA V Screens

Rockstar is in a teasing mood this holiday season.

Ok, we get it: You just got a stack of new games at your annual holiday celebration, and the idea of an epic, open-world title lurking over the horizon is just plain scary. Well, it seems Rockstar doesn't care about your plight, because the company has unveiled a few more tantalizing glimpses into the world of Grand Theft Auto V.

As you can see from the new screenshots, theres plenty to do in the newly updated world of Los Santos, including swimming with sharks, flying fighter jets, and cruising the boulevard with man's best friend. As you might expect, it all looks pretty fantastic at this point, but doesn't it always? Of course, that's before you're accidentally driving your motorcycle off the side of a cliff or being shot at by disgruntled drug dealers.

[gallery=995]

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/47481/happy-holidays-enjoy.html]

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
That...that's a submarine...

THAT'S A FUCKING SUBMARINE GUYS!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I really hope this game can live up to the hype and legacy of San Andreas. God I still remember how much fun you could have in that game just screwing around, I once spent an hour attempting to load a Stolen tank onto a flatbed railcar in Las Venturas just to see if I could get a tank to Grove Street without cheats or getting a wanted level on the road

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Are those black tanks on the side just random tanks?

Because my mind would be blown to space if that sub had torpedoes.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Now while this is all good and well, the important question is;

Will there be a pc version?

I know they were thinking bout it, and there was a petition, but thats bout it.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]If it is the case that this is already confirmed / denied i missed it, oops.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Already pre-ordered this on gamestop. Just waiting for special/limited/collectors editions. I'll buy the most expensive one.

I am kinda a rockstar fangirl. <.<

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
FelixG said:
Longstreet said:

[sub][sub][sub][sub]If it is the case that this is already confirmed / denied i missed it, oops.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, except in my head I said "The final product wont look like that".

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not very excited to be honest. Saints Row has converted me to the idea that open world games are at their best when the setting lets you know it's okay to have fun. All this stuff looks too real, when everything looks so beautiful and real I have to combat my mind and tell myself it's a game and this realistic person is okay to run over. When in Saints Row everything is cartoony and you steal cars by jumping through the windshield, the art design is saying this is a hyper over the top world and I should be acting hyper and over the top in it. Gameplay and art combined, whereas in GTA IV the gameplay and art and story were all fighting each other

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Waaghpowa said:
FelixG said:
Longstreet said:

No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, except in my head I said "The final product wont look like that".
Ain't that the logic of developers these days? create something good looking on the pc, take screen caps and post them. After that they fuck the pc community over by pressing the delete button and releasing it for consoles only or create 1 version (console compatible of course) in which they only have to change the key mapping to release it on everything.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
MrPeanut said:
Froggy Slayer said:

Are those black tanks on the side just random tanks?

Because my mind would be blown to space if that sub had torpedoes.
Those tanks are probably just crammed with freshly imported Colombian mystery powder - but still: SUBMARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

nexus

May 30, 2012
Man, the color palette is really improved over GTA 4.

Also, pet dog. Also, Diving, Submarining, Aquatic Creatures.

Yes.

Please release this on PC ... You didn't release Red Dead on PC you schmucks.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
If dogs are in the game please tell me they can't die, I'd be horrified if they could be killed.

Also submarines? YAY, finally, wanted one in San Andreas and now we have one.

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
Three step Guide to sandbox success:

1. Tanks
2. Planes
3. Submarines

I don't see any tanks so I'm still skeptical.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Notsomuch said:
Three step Guide to sandbox success:

1. Tanks
2. Planes
3. Submarines

I don't see any tanks so I'm still skeptical.
You forgot one thing: Jetpacks. :-D

OT- This looks nice. Now can we get a gameplay video, Rockstar? We want to see if the game is pure fun, unlike GTA IV.