Rockstar Drops a Handful of New GTA V Screens

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I blame Saints Row and the other GTA games besides 3, Vice City and San Andreas for making me not be as interested about this game as I should be.

I really wanna like this game. I played GTAIV and I hated it. But I still want a game to be just as awesome, or more than San Andreas.

I'll keep my eye on this one but I dunno. Color me doubtful.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Sold on the submarine there - even if it just a one off for a mission, it would be insanely cool to be able to cruise around in a submarine. Those screens are really good looking - as people have said, can't imagine that being from the current gen consoles really. Unless Rockstar are planning to wind up this console generation by having all our consoles expire uner the strain of running GTA V.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
It's hard for me to get excited for this, until they confirm it on pc i can't really be if i'm honest.

...I do like the fact aircraft are back and sub...every man needs a sub in his life.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
If this was a heavily modified Cry Engine 3, I would run out and buy it day one. I'm going to wait to see how clunky the controls are this time around.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
FelixG said:
Longstreet said:
Now while this is all good and well, the important question is;

Will there be a pc version?

I know they were thinking bout it, and there was a petition, but thats bout it.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]If it is the case that this is already confirmed / denied i missed it, oops.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.
The vast majority of the development and rendering is done on PC/Mac so it would stand to reason that these screenshots were capped from that. The dev consoles are used to test the code for bugs and such. So yes these are almost certainly going to be high resolution renders from a PC or Mac.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
FelixG said:
No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.
Beaten to the punch. It always mystifies me how they can achieve such graphical fidelity while remaining playable on a "PC" devkit yet they somehow cannot get a decent PC port when that is the very thing it was manufactured on. Do they first port it to the console before taking the console build which is already inferior to the original build and then releasing it as a buggy port on the PC?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
A one man submersible looks fun, possible deep sea treasure hunting?

I hope there is a PC launch of the game, that isn't a crappy port like 4 was.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
Waaghpowa said:
I was kinda thinking the same thing, except in my head I said "The final product wont look like that".
The final product never looks like that

Cheesus Crust

Mar 8, 2012
FelixG said:
Longstreet said:
Now while this is all good and well, the important question is;

Will there be a pc version?

I know they were thinking bout it, and there was a petition, but thats bout it.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]If it is the case that this is already confirmed / denied i missed it, oops.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
The only thing that will turn my head towards GTA V is if they said they were going to release it on PC. If not then Rocksart might as well not exist.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Now I can't wait for Rock Star to hold a Par-tay for the gaming industry, and a week later read all the 100/100 reviews for a tightly scripted game with bad controls.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Lookin' good! In the same way Red Dead Redemption looked good but isn't on PC so I won't buy it. I need to go to bed.

NotALiberal

Jul 10, 2012
Gotta love the complete lack of PC support from most major devs nowadays.

"Piracy blah blah, draconian drm blah blah, filthy pirates (again) blah blah blah, low sales blah blah"

>Releases buggy unplayable ("for the first six months till we can be arsed on working on a patch") port, with a fucked control scheme.

It seems they don't want my money.. or the money of hordes of PC gamers who would give a left nut to be able to play games like RDR and GTA (y'know... something that's NOT a butchered "port") on PC.

Go fuck yourselves, Rockstar.