12 month sub to WoW = FREE DIABLO 3!

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Taken right from Game Informers Live Blog [http://www.gameinformer.com/p/blizzcon2010.aspx]
We know there are a lot of World of Warcraft players out there who will be interested in playing Diablo III
1:18

Phil:
WHOA

Phil:
Diablo III will be available FREE to World of Warcraft subscribers

Phil:
Using something called the "WoW Annual Pass"

Phil:
12-month subscription to WoW that can be billed monthly. If you make that 12-month commitment you get Diablo III free.

Phil:
"Full digital version of the game -- not a trial or limited edition."
1:19

Phil:
Great way to make WoW not lose subscribers to Diablo III.

Phil:
WoW annual pass also gives you GUARANTEED access into next WoW expansion beta.

Phil:
And you get an exclusive in-game mount called Tyriel's Charger based off Diablo III
So if you sign up for a year of WoW You get a Free pass into Diablo 3, a mount AND access into the next expac's Beta.

How awesome is that?

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Sounds like a great plan for everyone.
Wow players commit a little bit(yeah, it's a year, but whatever) and get Diablo 3 and beta access
Blizzard gets paid for Wow subscriptions and gives back a little

Not a wow player, and this isn't going to make me one, but sounds great.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I'll pass I think. I want to buy the collectors edition like I always do, plus I already have a year of WoW.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
while it sounds great, .... it's not gonna get me to sign up.

but kick ass promotion for the WoW fans though

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
I play wow for 6 years but I never played constantly for a one year so I think I am going to pass.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
This sounds pretty dumb.

Diablo 3 has pushed me as far away as it can already, a desperate move like this makes it even farther somehow.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Delsana said:
This sounds pretty dumb.

Diablo 3 has pushed me as far away as it can already, a desperate move like this makes it even farther somehow.
I don't see how. They're asking for a pretty expensive subscription and are essentially making it half price if you were going to get Diablo 3 anyways. Win-win, I think.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Sounds good, I really love Tyrael and I'd really love to ride him, I just want to know whether you get the mount after you've subbed for a year or once you sign up.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Delsana said:
This sounds pretty dumb.

I don't see how. They're asking for a pretty expensive subscription and are essentially making it half price if you were going to get Diablo 3 anyways. Win-win, I think.
They're offering a game for making a large subscription but that game has been observed as old for this year and not in the right time. Worse, World of Warcraft suddenly has to compete with The Old Republic VERY SOON.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Despite having zero interest in either of those games.
I think the idea is great.

I would like to see more things like this in the future.

How knows, maybe something like this could even get me to sign up to COD Elite...
/biblical sarcasm

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Well, considering Diablo 3 is little more than some weird fusion of an expansion pack and graphics update for Diablo 2 they shouldn't even be charging full price for it. =p

That said, if you get a twelve month subscription you've spent more money than you would've spent just buying Diablo 3.

And the Panda expansion is already getting panned by fans and critics alike.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Pedro The Hutt said:
Well, considering Diablo 3 is little more than some weird fusion of an expansion pack and graphics update for Diablo 2 they shouldn't even be charging full price for it. =p

That said, if you get a twelve month subscription you've spent more money than you would've spent just buying Diablo 3.

And the Panda expansion is already getting panned by fans and critics alike.
I haven't been following every bit of news on Diablo 3, but I'd hardly call it an expansion or graphics update.

OT: Sounds like a good idea actually. Although I would say they're either:

1. Worried World of Warcraft will soon die down.
2. Worried Diablo 3 won't sell as good as they had hoped.
3. Think they will make a lot of money off this auction thing.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I don't have the time or interrest to play WoW, but if i had just the slightest interest left in WoW, I would find it a very nice deal, if i understand it correctly.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Damn them for doing this before SWTOR. Now my wife has to commit to 12 more months of WoW, and she's supposed to be playing SWTOR with me.

captcha: Aspages and I lub asparagas!