12 seconds: Rewind Time or A Different World?

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
To be honest, even though I'd like to tell my past self to pick up drumming and not ask for a guitar, and to look into some things early on, I wouldn't even want to go to the past. (Okay, I would also want to warn myself about how and when my dad died and how it could be prevented. so he could live a while longer and be more healthy, etc.)

Why?
1: I'd have to wait another 5 years or so before being able to drive a car and my motorcycle again.
2: I would have to quit smoking tobacco and marijuana, not to mention give up booze for a few years.
3: I would then maybe not meet my current best friend, or my current girlfriend.
4: I wouldn't want to go through school again. As carefree as life was back then, school was just so...boring and just not fun to be at at all 90% of the time.

Basically, there are just too many things I have and wouldn't want to lose. Too many things I did and wouldn't want to change. And becoming your past self again but still with all your memories and such intact will unquestionably change your life.

And going to a different world...well I would pick that option if I -had- to make a choice I guess. But I wouldn't want to pick either.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
I'd choose going back in time in a heartbeat. I have so many mistakes to correct and I'd know exactly how to fix them. And I'd know exactly what I'm getting into; if I were to go to another world who knows what might await. For all I know it could be populated by giant monsters that will kill me on arrival... So yeah, to the past I go.

The Event

Aug 16, 2012
There are problems with this choice.

If I choose to go back in time with my memories intact I could go back to when I was at University and maybe do things better in my life but unfortunately I can't remember most of the stuff I studied and to pick it all up again would probably be harder than doing it when I was used to it so I could end up failing my degree.
Or I could come up with another world to travel to but do you mean an actual existing but as yet undiscovered world or can I create a world of my own with magic? Or the Earth from Star Trek The Next Generation complete with all the working science of that universe? I need details!

But the big problem is that I am supposed to make these choices while plummeting to my death, which is not a time I am likely to make my best or most well reasoned choices.
And it would take me longer than 12 seconds to detail the kind of world I want to travel to.

So I'm probably going to choose to go back in time to just before I left my house to meet the letter writer at the rooftop and this time I'm going to bring a gun and shoot the bastard before he/she pushes me off and take the trinket from their corpse so that I can make my choice in a more sensible timeframe.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I'd go back in time to just after I got the mysterious letter, and I'd just ignore it.

I've been through a lot to get to where I am now, I'm not going to throw that away on the off-chance in another world I'd be better off as there's an equal chance I'd be worse off. Similarly, I don't want to go back and change things because then I wouldn't be who I am today, and I quite enjoy my life. It's far from ideal and I struggle daily with things, but it's my life and I worked really fucking hard for it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
As someone who is about to get his college degree, I do NOT want to go through that again. I'd rewind a couple of days tops. Fuck doing it all over again.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Hah! No, fuck rewinding time, I do not want to go through my life ever again, would rather take the risk of going to another world. Who knows, I might end up in some funky place.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Esotera said:
I would rewind time 20s and push the dickhead off the building...that assault was completely unwarranted and I didn't want to pick either of the choices given.
Of course since he's still holding the trinket he uses it to go back in time 25 seconds and pushes you off of the building without giving you the trinket first.
I like the general idea of your plan though...if you went back in time 20 seconds and cold-cocked him before he handed you the trinket it would work like a charm.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Wait. What if I go back in time and shoot myself in the mouth? I guess the 12 second choice would never happen if I did that. I'd probably choose a different world.
Esotera said:
I would rewind time 20s and push the dickhead off the building...that assault was completely unwarranted and I didn't want to pick either of the choices given.
Plot twist! What if the fellow shoving you is you? Dun dun dun!

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
OT: I would say the marvel world in which upon the entrance I am granted a random mutant power that would save my life at that moment.

Off Topic question: Did you just finish watching Tales from the Crypt episode where that guy would give me the "Kill Button"?

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
PrimitiveJudge said:
OT: I would say the marvel world in which upon the entrance I am granted a random mutant power that would save my life at that moment.

Off Topic question: Did you just finish watching Tales from the Crypt episode where that guy would give me the "Kill Button"?
nope but i have seen that episode coincidentally. The inspiration for this topic came from this picture

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Let's see, we've discovered nearly 1,000 exoplanets so far, none of them places where a human could survive more than a few seconds. I don't like my chances with the "other world" option. I'll rewind to... 1989.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
There's a lot of things I should change about my past, but I don't want to. Everything that happened got me where I am today, and while it's not ideal, it's my life. And I love it.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
I'm surprised so many people rewinded... I would go to the other world for sure.

I mean, who cares if you die? Not risking it would leave you as another 1 in a billion average clone and you would die and be forgotten within a generation. Unless your famous or something.

I would rather risk a completely radical change in my life and die a vastly unique individual than be mundane. It would kind of suck leaving my family, but I'm sure they'd understand.