Dragon's Crown Gets New Patch

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Dragon's Crown Gets New Patch

Atlus has detailed the contents of a new patch and also released character skill cards to help high level players through the game.

Atlus, hoping to further improve the already <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10493-Dragons-Crown-Review-Buxom-Babes-and-Battleaxes.2>solid Dragon's Crown experience, has announced a new patch for the game that will tweak some elements of the gameplay while also fixing minor problems and stabilizing shakier parts of the game's experience. The new patch will affect both the PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of the game.

The patch will make the following changes:
Stabilize network connectivity during online gameplay.
Hidden items can now be found by moving the finger cursor over their location.
Item hotkeys are now accessible by holding the L1 or L buttons.
Daggers and Bombs can now be thrown diagonally by pressing Up on the Left analog stick along with the Triangle button.
A "fix all items" option has been added to Morgan's item shop.
In the Options Menu, you can select the area you wish to be matched in for online play.
Arrow drops will increase dependent on how many Elf characters are in your party.
Inventory Runes are now more visible when the player is near the bottom of the screen.
Other tuning and minor improvements have been made.

[gallery=1716]

In addition to the improvements being put in place by the patch, Atlus has also released a series of images detailing some recommended skills for players "pushing their way towards level 99 on Inferno difficulty." It's a nice bit of assistance on Atlus' part and should hopefully help some players reach their character's full potential as they advance deeper into the game.

Note: We originally commented on some visual aspects of the skill cards, not realizing they re-used old art assets. As we've discovered those comments were redundant we've removed them from the article.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Who's this "we" rolling our eyes? Everything about the sorceress seems to be in order.

Still tapping my foot for the EU release unfortunately.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
This impressed me with how quickly it came out and how it fixed nothing but user complaints. (Thank god for that L1 shortcut instead of the d-pad.)

Imagine if every company was like this.

Makes me worried that they feel they have to tell people which skills are going to be viable in the long run.
Really hope this isn't another Diablo II situation.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Candidus said:
Who's this "we" rolling our eyes? Everything about the sorceress seems to be in order.

It sucks that you guys have to wait so long. The game is quite fun.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Just noticed it yesterday. Pretty neat, especially the L1 shortcut.
Candidus said:

You can always just buy it with a US PSN account. Importing a boxed copy would probably work, too.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
StewShearer said:
That said, we kind of have to roll our eyes (again) at the Sorceress's skill card. We get that "sexpot" is her shtick and all, but the expression on her face makes it look she's just doing something vastly removed from casting spells. Let the woman have a bit of dignity Atlus!
They are just reusing art assets from other promo material.

I found the original images on the Escapist no less.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123560-Dragons-Crown-Designer-Apologizes-for-Exaggerated-Characters

We get it, Sorceress's character design can be regarded as extremely sexist but the devs and Atlus are not some diabolical cabal out to sex the world.

They are just lazily reusing artwork.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" is Hanlon's Razor, but in this case its Lazinesses.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Ed130 said:
StewShearer said:
That said, we kind of have to roll our eyes (again) at the Sorceress's skill card. We get that "sexpot" is her shtick and all, but the expression on her face makes it look she's just doing something vastly removed from casting spells. Let the woman have a bit of dignity Atlus!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123560-Dragons-Crown-Designer-Apologizes-for-Exaggerated-Characters

We get it, Sorceress's character design can be regarded as extremely sexist but the devs and Atlus are not some diabolical cabal out to sex the world.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" is Hanlon's Razor, but in this case its Lazinesses.
Right you are. Thanks for the heads up as I didn't catch that. I've edited the article as my original comment now seems a bit redundant. :)

And, of course, I don't think the Atlus folks are "some diabolical cabal out to sex the world." Though, it would be hilarious if that wound up being the case and this was all part of some dark gamer conspiracy.

"First we'll get them in their games, and then in their bedrooms! MWA HA HA HA!"

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
Thank god for the arrows thing; my elf was getting less shaft than Samuel- no, too sexual.
She was getting less tips than a rude wa- no, still bad.
She was getting less wood than a des-

She was running the hell out of arrows! >:C

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
StewShearer said:
Ed130 said:
StewShearer said:

Right you are. Thanks for the heads up as I didn't catch that. I've edited the article as my original comment now seems a bit redundant. :)

And, of course, I don't think the Atlus folks are "some diabolical cabal out to sex the world." Though, it would be hilarious if that wound up being the case and this was all part of some dark gamer conspiracy.

"First we'll get them in their games, and then in their bedrooms! MWA HA HA HA!"
No worries. I missed the reused image as well until I decided view the Warriors tiny head again (it always makes me laugh) and recognized the position of the armour.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Ed130 said:
StewShearer said:
Ed130 said:
StewShearer said:

No worries. I missed the reused image as well until I decided view the Warriors tiny head again (it always makes me laugh) and recognized the position of the armour.
Heh heh. For real, though. They give her boobs the size of bowling balls but the poor Warrior gets stuck with that tiny head? Clearly the world of Dragon's Crown is one without justice.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Was kind of hoping for the option for all allied characters to have a japanese voice option instead of just your character, maybe next time.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm relatively sure the "fix all" option was already a part of Morgan's shop. I use it quite frequently. This game is so good. It's become the soul reason I play on my Vita, with a few interludes into MGS3, of course.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Baresark said:
I'm relatively sure the "fix all" option was already a part of Morgan's shop. I use it quite frequently. This game is so good. It's become the soul reason I play on my Vita, with a few interludes into MGS3, of course.
I think they mean within your entire armory, not just the currently selected pouch.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Dragon's Crown looks really good. It's one of the few games that make me miss my PS3. THough maybe there'll be a port or multi platform sequel like Demons Souls.

StewShearer said:
Atlus has detailed the contents of a new patch and also released character skill cards to help high players through the game.
If you're gaming while baked I doubt those skill cards will do a whole lot of good :D

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
thenumberthirteen said:
Dragon's Crown looks really good. It's one of the few games that make me miss my PS3. THough maybe there'll be a port or multi platform sequel like Demons Souls.

StewShearer said:
Atlus has detailed the contents of a new patch and also released character skill cards to help high players through the game.
If you're gaming while baked I doubt those skill cards will do a whole lot of good :D
How good are those skill cards actually, because, I'm playing an amazon without brutal drive (don't like losing weapons regardless of situation) or war paint (doesn't seem to do as much as I like)

will I do well, because I'm at lv 95 and going to fight the ancient dragon at 99.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Sseth said:
why is a game being patched news? if this is news we should have a huge stream of frontline news about games being patched
Slow week? still, it's nice that Atlus and Vanillaware actually are patching their games and listening to their audience for feedback.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Izanagi009 said:
thenumberthirteen said:

StewShearer said:
How good are those skill cards actually, because, I'm playing an amazon without brutal drive (don't like losing weapons regardless of situation) or war paint (doesn't seem to do as much as I like)

will I do well, because I'm at lv 95 and going to fight the ancient dragon at 99.
Carry a second weapon, put it in a hotkey. You get to ignore the cooldown on the slam. Also helps if it happens to get knocked away by an attack.

War Paint is amazing for turning one attack into three.

Their Dwarf one certainly is a bit off though, you want Magma Bracer instead of the Fire Barrel as well as the skill that boosts fire damage. Then you just go around using Slam and Frenzy punch things to death with flaming fists. Fighter is also missing Cyclone Masher.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Kheapathic said:
They're neglecting "Brandish" on the Amazon side. I don't know how they do that since it gives i-frames and is damn useful.
What about neck splitter or stun wave? Neck Splitter deals a ton of damage to bosses and stun wave is great for attacking people you don't want to get close to (damn zombies keep grabbing me)