Valve Greenlights 100 New Titles

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002

Valve says it's time to stress-test its developer tools and systems, so it's given the greenlight to a whopping 100 new titles on Steam.

Until now, Valve has handed out Steam Greenlights in small batches - a few here, a dozen there, that sort of thing. But today that's all out the window. Today, it gave the Greenlight to 100 new titles, all at once.

"This latest milestone is both a celebration of the progress we've made behind the scenes and a stress test of our systems," Valve said in the announcement. "Future batches are not likely to be as large, but if everything goes smoothly we should be able to continue increasing the throughput of games from Greenlight to the Steam store."

And now, the list:

1953 - KGB Unlimited
8BitMMO
A Walk in the Dark
Against the Wall
Armikrog
Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game
Battle Nations
Black Annex
Blockland
Bloody Trapland
Bridge Constructor
Bridge It
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
Chroma Squad
City Car Driving
Constant C
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Craft the World
Crayola Art Studio
Croixleur
C-Wars: Roguelike Pixel Art PC Game
Damned: A Randomized Online Competitive/Cooperative Horror Game
Darkout
Dead Cyborg
Delver
Delver's Drop
Depth Hunter
Dino Run SE
Dominions 3: The Awakening
Doorways
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Dungeon Dashers
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
Eleusis
Escape Goat
Exoplanet: First Contact
Flightless
FORCED
Forge Quest
Freedom Planet
Galactic Arms Race
Gravi
Gray Matter
Guise of the Wolf
Hoodwink
Iesabel
InFlux
Kainy
Kingdoms Rise
Knock-Knock
Knytt Underground
Legend of Iya
Legend of the Knightwasher
Legends of Aethereus
Megabyte Punch
Melody's Escape
Mortal Online: The Awakening
MovieWriterPro
Multimedia Fusion 2
Mutant Mudds
NEO Scavenger
NEStalgia
Omegalodon
Oniken
Paranautical Activity
Poker Smash
POOL NATION Featuring Box of Tricks
Project Black Sun
ProjectNimbus
Rawbots
Ray's the Dead - Create and Control Your Own Zombie Army!
Rebirth
Reprisal
Risk of Rain
Road Redemption
RUNNING WITH RIFLES
Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic
Shadow of the Eternals
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Signal Ops
Signs of Life
Silent Storm
Son of Nor
Songs2See Ultimate
Soul Saga
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Survive
sZone-Online
Talisman Digital Edition
Teslagrad
The Cat Lady
The Impossible Game
The Last Phoenix
The Plan
Toribash
Underrail
WARMACHINE: Tactics
Zafehouse: Diaries

Whew! That's a lot of stuff. I recognize a few of the names in the list, like Escape Goat, The Plan and A Walk in the Dark - good games all - while some of the others barely qualify even as just working titles. But the important thing is that if this massive wave of green lights doesn't bring the system to its knees, we should see a lot more quality stuff appearing on Steam in the future. That's good news for indie game devs, and good for gamers, too.

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1585553420145694979]

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
They finally gave Paranautical Activity the go ahead, eh? Still, I bet nothing's really changed in terms of their arcane approval system.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I'm really looking forward to Freedom Planet. It's like a cross between old-school Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures. THe demo suggests it might possibly my favourite indie platformer ever, when it comes out.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Shadow of the Eternals. I didn't trust them with crowdfunding, but I voted for the game on Steam.

Then shot down 5 other titles.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Armikrog, Bridge It, Freedom Planet, Paranautical Activity, Running With Rifles, Shantae, Signal Ops, and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure finally got Greenlit?

... yaaay! Seriously, this is probably one of the better batches of Greenlit games so far, so consider me happy about this one.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Hmm, this can only be good news really. I don't really know of any of the games on there though - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land sounds familiar for some reason, and I am a sucker for Cthulhu games so I might give that a try though. But yeah, none of those names sound familiar...

Andy Chalk said:
Escape Goat
You what? I had no idea I shared a name with a game. I feel compelled to buy this now and see what it's like.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I like how several of the games begin with "Legend(s) of [blank]."
Some really creative titling there.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I'm glad Chroma Squad made it in! It was the first game I ever backed on Kickstarter!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sam Lowry said:
What a mess.
How so?

EscapeGoat said:
You what? I had no idea I shared a name with a game. I feel compelled to buy this now and see what it's like.
Really? I just assumed you were a big fan, if not connected to it somehow. It's a really good puzzle-platformer, retro styled and very tough. More info here: http://www.gamezebo.com/games/escape-goat/review - and a sequel is in the works!

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game
Hell yes, those guys have been sticking this out since the beginning of Greenlight!

What? I'm a car nerd with a penchant for designing my own cars and running a car company, sue me.

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
Artemis? ARTEMIS. If you've ever wanted to play someone on the bridge of the Enterprise, this is the game to get. Everyone gets a part to play and everyone's part matters.

Definitely going to need some voice chat assistance, though.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic
Shadow of the Eternals
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
YESSSSSSSSS. Been waiting on those 4 for a long time, and there are a few others that look like fun. On the other hand I don't recognize a fair portion of the other names on this list, and given that a fairly large portion of every batch tends to consist of over-glorified flash games, indie wank, zombie games, and Amnesia knock offs, I don't really care.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Legend of Iya

One of the only games I backed through Kickstarter. It reached it's goal by a nose. Now it's being released on Steam? Oh happy days. It's a Metroidvania with Secret of Mana esque art style.

Yes, that is a elephant with gatling guns for tusks at 1:50.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Shadow of the Eternals, lol, some poor guy lost his place to that game.

Either way some look very lackluster and way to ambitious (the kind that never gets released) but since the vote was made by the community lets see.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Sam Lowry said:
Just saw this on Steam.

What a mess.
Exactly! I wasn't for their previous position of selecting a few every month but this is just over-saturation and they know it

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
Excited for Silent Storm. Artemis sounds interesting as well. And I'm always down for a well done tycoon game, so Automation may be right up my alley.

Penguinplayer

Mar 31, 2009
Croixleur and Shantae, aw hell yeah!

Also, Multimedia Fusion 2? Really? Does anybody even uses that anymore?