The Close Call

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
That second last panel ... it only reminds me of a certain TV show.
Bitches.

and the cover of that game says "Video Game 2: More Violence".
The strip was funny, you just have to ask "Why the hell does that baby have a violent video game".
Obviously its because of the parent's fault, they are the ones that buy these games for these kids who scream into the damn speaker in Halo 3.

... so yes.
We should blame the parents. (Who look hot and over-glorified)

... now the ultimate question is "Did I read too far into this?"

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
At first glance, it looked to me like the guy was GIVING the game to the baby.
I was like "Wha...?"

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
KubuTsukareta said:
I was like "Wha...?"
I thought that too! I was wondering what about the joke I wasn't getting.

Dec 14, 2009
Stupid babies.

Playing videogames then murdering people, who do they think they are?

Why back in my day...

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Daystar Clarion said:
Stupid babies.

Playing videogames then murdering people, who do they think they are?

Why back in my day...
I know just look at Maggie she's always trying to kill just think of Mr Burns

OT:Funny comic as usual even more so as a baby having a violent game is worse then meth cooking lmao

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
StormShaun said:
That second last panel ... it only reminds me of a certain TV show.
Bitches.

and the cover of that game says "Video Game 2: More Violence".
The strip was funny, you just have to ask "Why the hell does that baby have a violent video game".
Obviously its because of the parent's fault, they are the ones that buy these games for these kids who scream into the damn speaker in Halo 3.

... so yes.
We should blame the parents. (Who look hot and over-glorified)

... now the ultimate question is "Did I read too far into this?"
Yes...

Also, guys a better man than I. I would have stopped at the swinging blades and said, "fuck it!"

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Only in America can a Disk be considered more dangerous then a loaded gun..
Not like any of the countries in Europe or the UK, or Australia try to censor video games because of their violent depiction.. oh.. wait..

I mean, you guys have gun control over there right? So why do you still censor violent video games?

It's easy to laugh at America for it's stupidity, but your countries are trying to do what America does, while ALSO having gun control laws.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Cecilo said:
Diablo1099 said:
Not like any of the countries in Europe or the UK, or Australia try to censor video games because of their violent depiction.. oh.. wait..

I mean, you guys have gun control over there right? So why do you still censor violent video games?

It's easy to laugh at America for it's stupidity, but your countries are trying to do what America does, while ALSO having gun control laws.
Okay, Point taken, That was an unfair generalization and I'm sorry.

Just the way GTA was instantly blamed for this shooting? Really burned me up inside, especially since I watched coverage on Gun Control after Sandy Hook.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Teoes said:
KubuTsukareta said:
I was like "Wha...?"
I thought that too! I was wondering what about the joke I wasn't getting.
So you're telling me he doesn't face all those dangers to give a video game to a bored baby? I'm so confused right now...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
StormShaun said:
No. We all know it's the fault of the evil video game companies, who force these games into the cradles of impressionable youth, while the good parents are unable to do anything.

That's why we need a hero.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Cecilo said:
Diablo1099 said:

Hey? Generally tougher gun control laws than laws on video games would mean games were considered less dangerous than guns.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Diablo1099 said:
Only in America can a Disk be considered more dangerous then a loaded gun...
It's not just discs. It's everything.

There was an anti-drug ad several years back where two kids get stoned and one decides to show the other his parents' loaded gun, kept in a shoebox or something. The end of the commercial does a blackout and a "bang," implying that the one kid shot the other, and it's because drugs are bad. You know, not because some shitty parents left a loaded gun in a shoebox somewhere.

I mean, the message appears to be "don't let your kids try pot or they'll kill someone with the gun you just leave lying around."

Cecilo said:
Europe OR the UK, eh? When did the UK move?

Wait, I didn't know they were trying to ban video games because they were a convenient scapegoat ti distract from the gun control issue. That DOES seem kind of counter-intuitive, since guns aren't a religious institution in Europe or the UK.

Maybe we should laugh at them for...No, it's still a bad and disingenuous analogy.

Veldie said:
I know just look at Maggie she's always trying to kill just think of Mr Burns
Mr Burns? He tried to take her candy. She was clearly standing her ground.

Now Homer, on the other hand....She'll try and murder him even while he's trying to help her.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I don't get it. So the dude is giving the baby a video game magazine or something along the lines? And what's the danger? I'm so confused.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Videogame 2? How lame. It is all about Videogame 4: Violence, Sex and Violent Sex. Don't get me started on VG3. Easily the worst in the series. Hopefully VG5 is good. I hear they're adding a school shooting mission and a drug making mini-game.