Activision Still Owns Crash Bandicoot

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Activision Still Owns Crash Bandicoot

Activision squashes the rumors of Crash Bandicoot's sale to Sony [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129927-Rumor-Sony-Has-Bought-Crash-Bandicoot-From-Activision]

Earlier in the week, the Game Informer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129927-Rumor-Sony-Has-Bought-Crash-Bandicoot-From-Activision] that the company has not sold Crash Bandicoot, and is currently exploring ways to bring back the series.

"Activision owns Crash Bandicoot and we continue to explore ways in which we could bring the beloved series back to life."

Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at SCEA, also confirmed that Activision are still the owners of Crash. When asked by a fan if we may see a Crash Bandicoot game on PS4, Boyes said via Twitter [https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/403770959137497088]: "Activision owns the IP, so you should ask them about it..."

The Activision Support Twitter [https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/statuses/403812217008955392], when asked why the Crash Bandicoot website was pulled, replied "Unfortunately, we have no info at this time. If you are interested in another title, we can forward your suggestion for review."

So there you have it folks, it looks like Crash is still in Activision's hands, but if we cross our fingers they may bring him to the PS4.

Source: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/22/activision-still-owns-crash-bandicoot.aspx]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I told everyone this on the other forum, but no one believed me. It hurts to be right though, because I know how many people love Crash Bandicoot.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Booooo. Oh well it was casual speculation after all. I kinda don't WANT activision to bring Crash back, they mishandled him greatly. And the trust has been lost.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
I told everyone this on the other forum, but no one believed me. It hurts to be right though, because I know how many people love Crash Bandicoot.
Because honestly it would be nice if you weren't being such a killjoy about it earlier...>.>

OT: Welp, that just makes me sad. I still hold hope that Crash returns in the future, seeing as how all Activision is doing is IP hoarding.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
That's too bad. It's probably for the best though. After the XBox versions of the game, Crash just was never as excellent as he was on the PS1. I'd much rather just go back and play Crash 2/3/Team Racing than see another terrible remake anyway.

Crash does not look good with fur. He just doesn't...

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Probably turn Crash into another way to sell cheap figures for huge profits like Spyro. Because thats what we wanted out of the Spyro series... I can't argue it made them a shit load of money, but it ruined the series charm forever. They could do worse to Crash though... FAR worse... though how worse then already... hard to say. but it's possible.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
"Activision owns Crash Bandicoot and we continue to explore ways in which we could bring the beloved series back to life."
This is the single most disgusting and offensive sentence I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Well maybe it be good. great character development, excellence story telling, if they work this with the solid gameplay correct. it could work......................

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Would one of you ladies or gents like to suffer through a date with an Activision rep to get Crash for PS4?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10282-Conflict-of-Interest

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
The_Echo said:
This is the single most disgusting and offensive sentence I've ever had the displeasure of reading.
Agreed.

I would rather someone whisper the word moist into my ear at random intervals throughout an entire year.

Crimsonmonkeywar

Oct 27, 2013
Sony: Can we buy Crash back

Activision: Sure

Fans: OMAHGAWD!!!! CRASHhh!!!!

Activision:.......never mind Sony, we've changed are mind.

Fans: OMG Sony, whens Crash coming back!!!

Sony: "Activision owns the IP, so you should ask them about it..." *frowny face*

At least that's how I like to imagine it.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
"The very idea is inconceivable to our Activision overlords! Sharing the IP's with us? With the gamers? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!"

That's what i'm hearing here. That, and nothing else. At least not in any decent form.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Another Crash game would never be as good as we remember them anyway. Even if Sony got it back in Naughty Dog's hands.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Yep. After reading that sentece, we can safely say that crash has been megaman'd since that is the more or less the same thing cacpcom said if not word for word.

I know there is no such thing as dignity as far as franchises are concerned but I am longing for the day when one big company would just come out and say: "No there won't be anything else from that brand. It is done and so are we with it. Now stop asking and let us milk our still healthy cows" instead of this generic consolation.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Boooo. All the Booo. No likey. Bad Activision. Bad. Give Crash back to a company that can actually make games.

bafrali said:
Yep. After reading that sentece, we can safely say that crash has been megaman'd since that is the more or less the same thing cacpcom said if not for word for word.

I know there is no such thing as dignity as far as franchises are concerned but ı am longing for the day when one big company would just come out and say: "No there won't be anything else from that brand. It is done and so are we with it. Now stop asking and let us milk our still healthy cows" instead of this generic consolation.
So, should I start sharpening my pitchfork? I'm pretty pissed at how Capcom has been treating Megaman these last few years. I'm not any happier with the idea of this happening to other classic characters.

Actually, I'm pretty damn pissed at Capcom in general. Not only Megaman, but also Breath of Fire has been mistreated by them.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Saltyk said:
It is a special case with Capcom since Activision seems to be at least consistent in its corporate ways. Capcom on the other hand looks like a bipolar misanthrope who tries to give to charity but asks for a receipt afterwards in its current condition. I was angry at them, then I pitied them for a while and then I was angry again. Now I am just confused. How a company that big can be without any hint of vision?

captcha: see red.
Indeed