Update: Flappy Bird-Laden Devices Selling for $80,500 Online

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Because, for this money, you couldn't, I don't know, buy an android device/jailbroken iphone, and, say, a nice car?
Slight note: You weren't wrong about the whole "losing faith in humanity" thing. I have only one question that remains: why didn't you put the warning up front?

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Synthetica said:
Because, for this money, you couldn't, I don't know, buy an android device/jailbroken iphone, and, say, a nice car?
Slight note: You weren't wrong about the whole "losing faith in humanity" thing. I have only one question that remains: why didn't you put the warning up front?
I took it out since some people might deem it inappropriate. :) But yeah, personally, I find it very, very disturbing that people are quick to send threats over a friggin' game. If this was over a phone call or physical letter, email, police would be involved.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
I... I...

Words fail me.

What the hell is *wrong* with people?

You could pay a developer in India a quarter of that to make your own personal copy of the game. Hell, I'd do it for a couple of grand - it's half a day's work. Seriously - people are fucking insane.

I mean - there are already hundreds of thousands of phones with the thing installed, they don't even have rarity value!

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
It's amazing the sociopathic ranting people put out on Twitter under their own names.

Whilst I'm not usually in favor of the idea that it should be a crime to be mean to someone on the internet I can't help but think that some of these hysterical attention whores need a wake up call, in the form of a police enquiry about them making death threats.

Shaidz

Jul 8, 2012
Sixcess said:
It's amazing the sociopathic ranting people put out on Twitter under their own names.

Whilst I'm not usually in favor of the idea that it should be a crime to be mean to someone on the internet I can't help but think that some of these hysterical attention whores need a wake up call, in the form of a police enquiry about them making death threats.
I was just thinking the same thing, some people are just
a) Stupid
b) go too far
c) stupid
d) stupid

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Sixcess said:

Indeed. The anonymity is a blanket that gets abused a ton. And yeah, one of these days, these threats will become a reality and law enforcement will do an inquiry to these people.

It's just sad...devs, publishers and other people -- heck, no one -- deserves death threats unless they did something very evil or bad. Pulling a game? That's the lowest form of "hurting" people. :(

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
It's monday morning and, after reading this news, I've already given up for the rest of the week!

Seriously people, your life won't end if a game goes away, you don't threatern to kill someone because a game went away, and you don't sell a phone for $80,500 cause it's got a bloody game on it!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Ugh... the stupidity on these tweets... my brain hurts...

There are thousands of time wasters on iPhone/ Android, why would anyone pay that amount of money when EA could be having that to let you chip blocks in Dungeon Keeper!

devilmore

Nov 18, 2009
Shouldnt all the people who are crazy over this game already HAVE it?

Also it would be cheaper to buy an android phone (you know, just for playing flappy birds) considering you can download the .apk for free pretty much EVERYWHERE.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
weirdguy said:
I'm pretty sure those are joke bids anyway.
Yes but the fun thing about joke bids is that it might convince some people that it's worth more then it is. Thus someone might be dumb enough to follow through with it.

Oh would you look at that. My phone is suddenly up for sale on Ebay.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
At first I misread the article's title and thought someone had made a Flappy Bird parody featuring Osama bin Laden. It would have made the reaction seem slightly more plausible (though it would still be batshit insane).

Shaidz said:
Sixcess said:

I was just thinking the same thing, some people are just
a) Stupid
b) go too far
c) stupid
d) stupid
Don't forget stupid!

What's even more idiotic about the whole thing is that you KNOW there's going to be a ton of clones to cash in on the void, so it's not like the experience is gone forever.

I wish I could say that I'm amazed by this. Sadly, the internet has proven time and again that some people have no concept of common sense, decency or perspective.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
I've always had the view that people who kill themselves for incredibly stupid reasons is a self-correcting problem that needs no further attention.

That people actually care so much about a frustration mini-game (on iOS, no less) just boggles my mind.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction... this sounds like something that would happen on a satirical show, not real life 0.o