South Park: The Stick of Truth's Banned Anal Probe/Abortion Scenes

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
South Park: The Stick of Truth's Banned Anal Probe/Abortion Scenes

Check out the two scenes that were removed from the Australian, European, African, and Middle Eastern releases of South Park: The Stick of Truth.

South Park wouldn't be South Park without a healthy dose of controversy, so it should come as no surprise that the just-released Stick of Truth South Park video game has its fair share. Originally, when it was revealed that the game would be this image [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130586-South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth-Will-be-Censored-in-Australia] instead.

Thankfully, for all our Australian, European, African and Middle Eastern Escapists, the review copy I received was completely uncensored, and I have uploaded video footage of the two censored sequences for you to enjoy (and stick it to your censorship boards).

First up is the "anal probing sequence," in which the player character is dragged past three other characters who are being actively probed, is then probed himself, and then has to help rescue Randy Marsh without accidentally probing him. Obviously, this comes with a spoiler warning and is very, very NSFW.

The second sequence, the "abortion sequence", starts with the doctor performing an abortion on the player character, and ends up with the player performing an abortion on, once again, Randy Marsh (poor Randy).

So there you have it. To be honest, I think there are much worse scenes in the game, for example, the scene where you are shrunk down and fight the underpants gnomes on the bed your parents are having sex upon [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E56URuFrzgo], which ends with you getting crushed by a giant ballsack. But more so than that, this is a South Park game. Who is honestly going to purchase a South Park game and then complain about explicit content?

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
While I can't vouch for the quality of the game in its entirety (I'm going off of these two videos), I can say that the cutscenes definitely had the South Park feel.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
It's really not that bad... I think a persons head getting blown off in the average game is worse than these 2 scenes.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Aahahahahaha dat christmas music...

As expected, tame as anything. Just silly toilet humor.

The fact that you can watch it all on youtube just points out the utter stupidity of even bothering to ban it.

Seriously, who are the censors and publishers supposed to be 'protecting'?

Hopefully someone will be able to patch these scenes in to the game somehow and override the stupid censorship.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I don't know much about the controversy on it all, but damn is that footage spot on for a South Park episode. I can't believe how close to the source material that they got with the game ( in voice, aesthetics, and story content).

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
On one hand, that is a scene of a child being essentially sodomized in a video game, and I don't think any game other then South Park obviously would make it past ANY rating board at all much less Australias with that content, so I do understand their feeling that this is entirely too much. BUT on the other hand, video games are not kids toys and shouldn't be judged on "well what if children see, play, or sense this game in anyway!". I mean that Nymphomaniac movie isn't getting that treatment and no one is even considering that in that context. Movies get away with disturbing material and nobody screams, think of the children. And don't even get started on books which makes the movie industry blush with the stuff that gets published.

Also as a so so fan of South Park, I was going to give this a pass since you know adapted sources in games rarely turn out better then 'okay'. This does look like and feel like a south park cartoon which makes me really want to play it.

Aug 1, 2010
King Whurdler said:
and they're not funny anymore, period.
4 u

OT:
If these scenes were at all indicative of how the game is going to be, my hype train is chugging full force.

The Woodland Critter Christmas theme was brilliant.

As for the censorship, pretty hilariously stupid. Apparently a construction paper image of a vacuum on Randy's balls is much, much worse than unironic racism and blowing off heads.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Not going to buy the game until I can figure out a way to get it uncensored. I sure do hope I get to though, because as a SP fan and a fan of RPGs in general, I really want this game.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
That wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, shame on whoever made the decision to censor these scenes in Europe and Australia.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011

You Easter Hemisphere countries are really missin' out.

OT: Eh, pretty standard fare for South Park. These scenes just give the game a much more authentic South Park feeling. Kinda curious to see how well the game does overall. I may pick it up once it goes on sale later on.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I actually laughed out loud at the Nazi Zombie part. All this has done is made me want the game.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
WUT? How is any of that worse than gratuitous violence? Some priorities just need to be "probed" for hypocrisy.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I'm still scratching my head as to why it's been banned in europe of all places... we're not that bad, are we?

loa

Jan 28, 2012
So who is being "protected" by censoring a game that is rated M and why europe?
Germany has the most ass backwards, archaic standards to "protect" adults of europe and they are only picky about violence.

Mar 19, 2010
Never understood the fashion of banning things in tv games another media that are considered inappropriate by moral guardians. I mean do you think this article would be here if the scenes were not banned? It just makes the banned thing more interesting.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I'm a big fan of many South Park episodes, but in general it stopped being funny about the same time the kids stopped acting like kids, Cartman lost his voice, and the F-word was introduced. I think the quality went sideways at season 12 and started to sag like an old guy's balls around season 13 and 14. Every now and then there is a good episode, but in general the new ones suck like a five dollar downtown whore.

The creators say that we no longer find it funny because we've grown up. But that's wrong because first of all, South Park was never meant for kids, second, I only came to South Park late, and started watching it when I was already grown up. No, South Park was way better in the early days, pure genius around the middle, and then the quality started to drop at some point. Which is only natural. It happens to all the shows that go on for much longer than they should.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
certainly the typical south park theme but the game doesnt interest me really. not my kind of game play.