Oasis Guitarist Bashes Guitar Hero

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Oasis Guitarist Bashes Guitar Hero

Oasis [http://www.oasisinet.com/] lead guitarist and songwriter Noel Gallagher has his knickers all up in a bunch about Guitar Hero, scoffing at the idea of the game and exclaiming that "playing a guitar is not a f**king videogame."

"Don't look back in anger [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGGNLpp3Doc]." Yeah, right. Oasis lead dude Noel Gallagher, who, ironically enough, penned that song which was featured prominently in Rock Band, has looked back at what he sees in the music gaming landscape, and well, he's kinda angry. "When I meet kids I always say to them that playing a guitar is not a f**king videogame, there is no level to get to," he said. "You'll never master it and you'll never complete the game."

Gallagher understandably seems a bit peeved that after he spent years mastering his instrument, the kids these days can stroll around and pretend that they're Eric Clapton after pressing a few color-coded buttons. Get it straight: Playing guitar is serious business, kids. Gallagher admits he's not exactly informed about the whole matter, though. "I've never heard of [Guitar Hero]," he said. "I suppose I'm a bit old fashioned. Whatever your entry point into music is, it has to be a good thing. It's just so worthwhile getting into."

Seems, then, that Noel's issue with Guitar Hero isn't so much what it is but that people mistake it for the real thing. "If it puts little plastic guitars into kids' hands and fires their imaginations, I think that's a good thing," Gallagher admitted. "It's harmless fun, isn't it?"

And, ultimately, better than whatever other crazy stuff the kids might be into these days. "I'd rather that genre of videogames than somebody getting their f**king head chopped off with a samurai sword while getting f***ked by a goblin up the arse with a laser," he said. "Do you know what I mean?" No, not really. But that sounds pretty awesome.

[Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=206835]]

gaara9999

Jan 7, 2009
hehehe someone has anger issues i mean its him versus millions of guitar hero loving gamers. Whos gonna win?

Feb 13, 2008
Comment from my bro: "Tell them to leave off the charlie and write some of their own songs instead of ripping off [John] Lennon for a change."

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Noel Gallagher said:
"somebody getting their f**king head chopped off with a samurai sword while getting f***ked by a goblin up the arse with a laser,"
Gears of War 3 ^

Dechef

Feb 7, 2008
Keane Ng said:
"When I meet kids I always say to them that playing a guitar is not a f**king videogame, there is no level to get to," he said. "You'll never master it and you'll never complete the game."
Wow, Oasis dude. You say that to little kids?

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Dechef said:
Keane Ng said:
"When I meet kids I always say to them that playing a guitar is not a f**king videogame, there is no level to get to," he said. "You'll never master it and you'll never complete the game."
That's exactly what I thought while reading this.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing over this.
"I'd rather that genre of videogames than somebody getting their f**king head chopped off with a samurai sword while getting f***ked by a goblin up the arse with a laser,"

gaara9999

Jan 7, 2009
Dechef said:
Keane Ng said:
Yh i mean of couse a guitar isint gonna be a game but what about the kids who want to pretend to be rockstars on guitar hero or rock band i mean we cant all be mick thompson can we?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This always makes me sad. Guitar hero will never replace real music, and kids who play it are just too untalented to play a real guitar. I know because I'm one of them. I played plenty of other instruments and the guitar is one that I couldn't handle, but this game, I can handle. Not only that, but for those with any creative desires, a game where you have no control over the notes (with the exception of some drum fills) will always leave you wanting more, and that is the one thing Guitar Hero and Rock Band lack: a real creative outlet. Even the World Tour thing is going to be too restrictive for someone who really wants to create. And isn't that what music's all about?

level250geek

Jan 8, 2009
And, ultimately, better than whatever other crazy stuff the kids might be into these days. "I'd rather that genre of videogames than somebody getting their f**king head chopped off with a samurai sword while getting f***ked by a goblin up the arse with a laser," he said. "Do you know what I mean?" No, not really. But that sounds pretty awesome.

Can somebody get me the title of that game? I want to play in a bad, bad way.

gaara9999

Jan 7, 2009
they`re both brilliant you fricking dumbass guitar hero has more experiance on it geez theyre both good to play but guitar hero still has a few tricks like guitar hero metallica if they keep it for good bands they`ll do fricking great!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Keane Ng said:

What game is that? It sounds awesome. Gimme, gimme, gimme :D.

Lol, kidding. He needs to get off his high horse and try playing some games himself once in a while. However, I can't fault his music (partly since they're not bad and partly because if I say anything bad about Oasis my flatmate will kill me...).

hungoverbear

Mar 8, 2008
haha yeah funny story guitar hero is what actually made me go out and by my own guitar and and amp. 3 months later ive memorized many cords and know how to play 8 full songs. All thanks to guitar hero inspiring to get off my ass and get the real thing. So he's actually kinda right about the second part.

dudeindrag93

Nov 12, 2008
man noel is pretty full of himself with the mark ronson and jay-z dissing and know guitar hero what a complete twat he thinks he can criticize things when hes never even made a half credible song, the day he comes up with a good song is the day he can ***** about thing to the public... asshole

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
I can understand where he is coming from but I don't think he should be so upset. He should look at it more of a "I'm better than you." kind of way. I play the guitar and I can't tell you how many times I've played it at my youth group and people would ask me questions like, "Can you Cliffs of Dover?" To which I replied, "No I'm not Eric Johnson, I'm practicing my chords." And the guy said (and I kid you not) "Pfff. Fag, get good *****." Which was bad enough but it didn't bother me until he kicked my guitar and scratched it so I was angry. I went over to his little group of friends playing Guitar Hero III and the kid just failed a song. I said to him "Pfff. Fag, get good *****." and grabbed the controller and smashed it into the wall and broke it. And I was kicked out of Youth Group for it but oh well.

gaara9999

Jan 7, 2009
Audemas said:
I can understand where he is coming from but I don't think he should be so upset. He should look at it more of a "I'm better than you." kind of way. I play the guitar and I can't tell you how many times I've played it at my youth group and people would ask me questions like, "Can you Cliffs of Dover?" To which I replied, "No I'm not Eric Johnson, I'm practicing my chords." And the guy said (and I kid you not) "Pfff. Fag, get good *****." Which was bad enough but it didn't bother me until he kicked my guitar and scratched it so I was angry. I went over to his little group of friends playing Guitar Hero III and the kid just failed a song. I said to him "Pfff. Fag, get good *****." and grabbed the controller and smashed it into the wall and broke it. And I was kicked out of Youth Group for it but oh well.
could`nt he have just kept these things to himself?