Zack Snyder Officially Debuts New Dawn of Justice Batmobile

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Zack Snyder Officially Debuts New Dawn of Justice Batmobile

Here's your official look at Ben Affleck's hot new ride for Batman v Superman

Following the release of multiple tweeted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137363-Get-a-Closer-Look-at-Batman-v-Supermans-Batmobile-in-New-Pics] the first official reveal image of the new Batmobile from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The image reveals a design much in line with fan rumors and speculation, mainly resembling a cross between the design of the "Tumbler" from the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy and the more race car-like shape of the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher films. One feature sure to raise the ire of some fans: What appears to be a pair of guns mounted to vehicle's front. Batman (especially in the comics) is typically depicted as abhorring firearms, and the presence of belt-fed machine guns on the 1989 film's [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlsM2_8u_mk] Batmobile remains controversial among many fans to this day.

Ben Affleck will portray the Caped Crusader in the film, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman%20vs%20superman%20dawn%20of%20justice] which will focus his first encounter with Henry Cavill's Superman following the events of Man of Steel; and will also feature Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/509889431210192896/photo/1]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
wtf am I looking at? Mr Snyder if you are going to show the bat mobile why don't you turn on some lights, all I see is a pile of black angles, and what I think might be a turret. Turret is an odd choice considering batman doesn't tend to rake villains with machine gun fire.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
It looks pretty cool. Still military styled but looks much faster and more nimble than the tumbler.

inb4 "omg where is the colour" and a bunch of anti-DC comments.

EDIT: shit, seems I'm too late.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I like the unauthorized pictures better. Those may have been low quality out-of-focus shots, but they show the whole vehicle from different sides and in some decent light, so you get a better idea of what the thing actually looks like on the whole.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Eh, it's too jagged for my tastes.

No Batmobile will ever be as good as this one.

The sleek and slender design will always have a special place in my heart.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Looks like something from WH40K to be honest. Hell, there is a good merchandise deal waiting to happen. Batman: Grimdark 40K

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Can we just have the Burton!Batmobile back? It was perfect. Neither Schumacher's batmobiles nor Nolan's abomination come even close.

Oathfish

May 30, 2014
I really wanted to enjoy Man of Steel because I think Snyder has real potential. Watchmen is a great indication of his talents. Everything about these DC films though...I feel that perhaps there are too many restrictions on the filmmaker here for anything good to come out of it. I mean, excepting a couple scenes Man of Steel could have been directed by anyone - it so sorely lacked Snyder's touch. This Batmobile is the same thing; this wasn't designed by Snyder. It was designed by a boardroom.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
What's up with those wheel covers? They neither look aerodynamic enough to act as fairings, nor do they fully cover the wheels to act as armor.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Scorpid said:
wtf am I looking at? Mr Snyder if you are going to show the bat mobile why don't you turn on some lights, all I see is a pile of black angles, and what I think might be a turret. Turret is an odd choice considering batman doesn't tend to rake villains with machine gun fire.
Exactly this.
"Teaser", huh... ? :(

Nuvo

Feb 13, 2012
I love how everyone's all "OMG GUNS!" despite the fact that pretty much all of the depictions of Batman vehicles in movies and the cartoons have weapons on them.
The Burton Batmobile had guns, the Tumbler had cannons, The Batpod had twin cannons (from the Tumbler), the BAT had weapons and even Batman himself frequently uses explosives.
Having weapons systems doesn't mean they're designed to be lethal, or that they are designed to be used on people (the Nolan movies use the weapons more for breaking through objects and destroying vehicles).
The real complaint should be that usually, the weapons are hidden unless they're needed as driving around with machine guns bolted to the hood just isn't what Batman would do.

I don't have much faith in this movie as Warner \ DC don't seem to know what they're doing when it comes to live action superhero movies these days (Superman Returns would have been completely forgotten if not for Spacey as Luthor, Man of Steel was dull and whiny and Green Lantern was just awful).
If Warner Bros. can't push out a decent movie about one character, how in all of creation are they going to manage it with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman.
I'm not going to ***** about Affleck being Bats as there's a chance it might work, but Jeremy Irons as Alfred?
Jeremy Irons should be doing what he does best... Being an over acting villain (seriously, just make him Ra's al Ghul or something and watch the magic happen).

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
BigTuk said:
I think Jum sterling said it best:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9617-Batman-Is-Everything-Wrong-With-Square-Enix

Seriously. Look at that thing. The Angles have angles, the armour is clad in armour, it's like the designer got bored midway through and started building a new design, on top of the old design.

It's so bloody busy. If that's the visual aesthetic the movie is going for... well...sorry.
Yeah. I'm agreeing here. It's pointlessly busy. Why does it seem batman is surrounded with more metal than robocop?

I said it last year, ironman is more flexible than batman in the movies. One's a heavy, cyber suit of armour and the other is a fraking ninja. And the fraking armour has the better agility? Seriously? Fek off with the armour already.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Nope, hate it. It's like the tumbler, an F1 car and a tank had a 3 way and this was the result. Too much going on for my tastes, and the design just looks odd.

Also, guns? I honestly expected part of this film being batman teaching superman NOT to kill criminals/use overwhelming force/reduce collateral damage, but it looks like the bat is going all modern warfare. Good luck with that scarecrow and all the rest of batmans non powered villains (i.e. almost all of them)

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
I like it, but I can see why others would think it should be simpler. So far I like the look of everything I've seen in this film, it's the plot I'm worried about.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
And yet, while Batman has been actively Batmanning for years, no one has seen him and he is seen as an urban legend. And it's so easy to see why with this inconspicuous Batmobile.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Some people seem to be comparing the batmobile of Arkham Knight with this one. For me they do seem similar in concept, but side by side you can see that they are actually very distinct apart from the idea of "inspired by Nolan's Tumblr".

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
While I don't know the comics, I do remember most of the Batmobile toys having guns in one way or another.