Hard Drive By

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I... I... I kind of get it.

Almost.

The chick with the gun is that Japanese singing monstrosity right?

(Japanese? Korean? I think it's Japanese anyway. It's right up their ally.)

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Zhukov said:

Almost.

Yes, it's that pop-star hologram from Japan shooting a Tupac hologram in a call back to the violence and animosity of the 90's rap scene. It seems even in death Tupac can't catch a break. I wonder if the Biggie hologram is next on her list.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Oh my... oh my god. I'm dying right now. I can't laugh where I am, but somewhere on the inside I'm dying.

Help. Help me.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Sorry Tupac hologram. You are only one... person?thing? whatever, and you stand no chance against the vocaloid mafia.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
There are so many vocaloid (term for singing program thing. I think?) songs like that in the sign-off (worse, maybe) that drive-bys seem pretty tame.
Her dancing and the hair flopping around should be adequate nightmare retardant.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
That's not all she's done. 2-D from Gorrilaz woke up with a horse head on his pillow.

Also, freaking Miku flipping the bird is incredibly hilarious for reasons I cannot explain or understand.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
*blink* Too soon maybe? I mean I find this absolutely hilarious but there's that pit-of-stomach feeling that makes me wonder if its really really tasteless... Like low-hanging fruit.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
All we need now is a vocaloid diss song.

Zhukov said:

Almost.

The chick with the gun was Hatsune Miku, yeah. The other guy is meant to be Tupac Shakur, who was gunned down in a drive-by shooting back in the 90s. People have recently been using holograms of him, Freddie Mercury and others for tribute concerts.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
*blink* Too soon maybe? I mean I find this absolutely hilarious but there's that pit-of-stomach feeling that makes me wonder if its really really tasteless... Like low-hanging fruit.
A 20 year old murder is too soon? what?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Hoplon said:
A 20 year old murder is too soon? what?
Its always too soon for murder jokes XD. Besides I'm still a bit freaked out we're seeing a real life Sharon Apple... 20 years post-Macross Plus. Fucking creeped out.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
Is it wrong that I found this kind of funny? ...I'm going to hell, aren't I?
Many of us may be joining you then. I found it funny as well.

Though if what Gaijin Goomba says is right [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnWbv00SO1M], this may be a problem.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I've actually been expecting more "Sharon Apple" references. Of course the Tupac thing is kind of funny. :)

Unless I can't spot it the only thing missing is the rival hologram flying a Crips flag. Allegedly he was killed by The Crips by trying to play tough guy with them after a member of his entourage was robbed by one their members. It did not end well.

Of course it's also suspected Tupac isn't dead, as supposedly what is supposed to be his ashes were proven not to be him for whatever reason someone was checking. Putting him into a similar category as Princess Di (and inspiring similar conspiracy theory) who has people insisting she's alive largely because no body was ever publically revealed, and all information that she actually died in the crash is based on second hand information from a limited number of doctors and family members. Supposedly people, including certain officials, who normally would have been able to see the remains were kept away despite others with the technical qualifications apparently having seen them. This lead to questions about why the only ones allegedly having seen the body were people at least tangently connected to the royal family and their political connections. Maybe she's off on a beach right now with Tupac. :)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Since she's from Japan is Miku like super East-side? Lel

I'll see myself out.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
You probably don't want to look at the top rated combined gif on knowyourmeme. com then. It's hilarious in the "I'm going to hell now, aren't I?" way.

OT: In all honesty, that last panel is beautiful.