133: How to Be a Wizard

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
623S said:
Damn. Now Russ has given me a new hobby. Nice job, jerk.
I didn't plan it. I just thought I'd borrow a GPS, search for some caches to research the story then forget about it. Whoops. Turns out to have been way more fun than I expected.

leeteggs

Jan 30, 2008
Amazing article! I actually found my 100th cache this month. It made me feel warm inside to read about geocaching on a site like this!

aethyrmaster

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah, it kind of figures there would be with the history of the place. I live relatively near there, and as soon as I saw what you wrote, had to ask. I hope you found "backwoods Pennsylvania" to be hospitable!

Enemy_Combatant

Feb 8, 2008
Ahoy! I enjoyed seeing the article and was surprised when it first snagged my attention: "What? Geocaching? Who here would be aware of that!?"

I've been involved in 'caching for a few years myself and wanted to share my first experience with y'all. It was a dark and stormy night... Okay, no it was a steamy-hot Georgia day, we were on a camping trip to Lake Conesauga and had hiked 2 miles to a ranger tower. Days prior, at home, we had learned that somewhere atop this rise there was a cache hidden. So...WITH NO GPS RECEIVER yet in our possession we searched the area around the ranger tower - I FOUND THE CACHE! (yay!) Took us about 30 minutes of searching, but we found it. I >ahemsnicker<
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.