#135: Crisis Core

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Aaargh!!!! Those devil eyes at the end; now I'm BLIND!!!

Also, hmmm, what a twist!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
To be fair, unless that last fight was a cutscene....she is a terrible healer, apparently. :p

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
RJ 17 said:
To be fair, unless that last fight was a cutscene....she is a terrible healer, apparently. :p
If Erin incapacitated herself in real life and the game just ran on auto, maybe she couldn't try her best due to a lack of player input.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
RJ 17 said:
I call cutscene. Two of the three playable characters are out of action. Although a possible alternative is that there should have been a wizard around casting defensive buffs on the angsty tanks but despite his initial enthusiasm hasn't been seen casting any spells.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
With this much angst and self-loathing, the title of todays comic should be Dirge of Cerberus instead of Crisis Core.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Semi-dead Erin looks annoyed at this whole scenario.
Is that better or worse than Semi-dead Erin's face still being censored in Red Alert [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/erin-dies-alone/17156-Chapter-6-15]?

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Cory! Great first panel--I love the elevator shot. Nice work to strip out the front side walls and "floor molding" to show the remaining crew. The oversized mechanical elevator with tiny people in it does great double duty as an establishing shot to place everyone and make them seem small and isolated from the world in the grand corporate machine of Crystal Corp.

Other art things:
-Sad Rad ears tell the tale
-Last panel boobs looked weird--had to back up to figure out they are knees

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I'm sure she was casting Poisona on him as hard as she could. The problems of only having 1 materia slot on your healer.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Is this the part where we learn she didn't actually like her fellow resistance members that much? Or, just not that guy?

hittite

Nov 9, 2009

Althea-shy is weapons grade cute. All they need to do is point her at the enemy and let the puppy dog eyes do the rest.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
This is supposed to be a dramatic scene I feel. Althea's face makes it impossible for me tot take seriously. Well done.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Wait, she didn't? You don't mean she left non-Cloud die on purpose... do you!?

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
wow
I just
cannot care about these people
pinks only character traits are cute(entirely subjective and not true for myself) and being a bad healer
also this entire arc feels really disjointed and I don't feel that any of the chapters have really flowed together well

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
RJ 17 said:
It's a JRPG, anything that's not combat or minigames is a cutscene, and the healing took place after the fight.

Anyway, the biggest clue that he was going to die, like all the others except for Althea, is that he didn't have a name.