The Escapist Crossword #2

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I feel smart when I do these, then I remember, I am not, but are other google chrome users having issues on everything Escapist?

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
Thanks for another crossword, though I didn't manage to finish this one :(

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I must say that these crosswords are a neat addition, though it seems like I've got to play games like Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy before attempting to solve them.

So... When will we be able to solve these badboys for badges, eh?

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
Too many Jade Empire hints, although I did think "Place for sweaters" was very clever.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
I'm feeling the love, brothers. I'm feeeelin' the love.

Really, this makes me happy deep inside. Best crosswords ever invented.

Maet said:
Too many Jade Empire hints, although I did think "Place for sweaters" was very clever.
<spoiler=Yeah, this could be considered a spoiler for the crossword>I did not, because we have saunas here and there by themselves in Sweden. I am crossword-crippled because of my nationality. =(
Well, I'm also not conformed to modern society. Naturally we have saunas in these facilities as well. I'm just grumpy.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Chapper said:
I must say that these crosswords are a neat addition, though it seems like I've got to play games like Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy before attempting to solve them.

So... When will we be able to solve these badboys for badges, eh?
Soon, hopefully! We're still working out the bugs of getting it to recognize when you've successfully completed the puzzle. Once we've done that, badges will (fingers crossed) not be too far behind.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
Dang it! My window keeps going to (Not Responding) when I click the link.
Anyone know how to fix this, please?

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
Heh, i got most of them, just not the ones with references in any console/ff games, as i've never played them :)

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
I feel smart when I do these, then I remember, I am not, but are other google chrome users having issues on everything Escapist?
No problems with google chrome. Major issues with the crossword solutions.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I'm getting problems displaying the crossword; namely, instead of the program, I just receive a white square with that dreaded [sup][X][/sup] in the top left corner. Any ideas what my problem is?

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
I didn't play the last one so when Java is on my new machine I shall give it a go. I do love a good crossword.
EDIT: How exactly do I access the crossword?
EDIT: Never mind =D

Feb 13, 2008
Sounds like you haven't got java unlocked/updated John

Actually this one was really hard...I'd say make it a little easier because some of the clues were tough.

I did mess up and think 5 down was 5 across though: Tom and Katie according to Gossip Mags: 3 letters...Hmmm...Nope obviously not that one as they're both very butch. Doesn't end in 'AD' either....

Default state for XBox owners...PC-less? :)

Feb 13, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sounds like you haven't got java unlocked/updated John
I'll check that; I swear I only updated it a few weeks ago.
Check your accesses as well, most browsers will lock out Java on their highest security settings.

Can I make a request that next week's crossword isn't full of yucky love as well? Us embittered souls like our crosswords to. ;)